Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 361088 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 14:42:00 »

Archibald says we haven't approached him ... yet.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 15:05:51 »

Those were my thoughts. I reckon it's Evans. I can feel it in my water.

Evan is very thick skinned and he would need to be if he is to be appointed. He knows full well he is despised by the town fans from his comments towards us when PDC was at the helm. I'm not saying you're wrong but I would be very surprised if he would come here.
Stevens

« Reply #317 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 15:56:35 »

Evan is very thick skinned and he would need to be if he is to be appointed. He knows full well he is despised by the town fans from his comments towards us when PDC was at the helm. I'm not saying you're wrong but I would be very surprised if he would come here.

Probably been said already, but I believe we received a fine because of his complaint as well.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 15:59:59 »

I would say we are a bigger club than Mansfield and maybe have more potential (from the outside) so I could see him coming here but it would depend on budget etc, I think he has a think enough skin to not care what has happened previously, I'm not sure Power would want to pay compensation when there are so many out of work managers though
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:49:35 »

Ironically, the top 3 in the betting market are all employed (Evans, Archibald & Ramsey), so compensation would be required.
I think Power knows this season he's going to need to put in money, to make money. I also can't imagine the fees being huge to get the names mentioned.
I still think it'll be Evans, and strangely optimistic for next season if it is. I'd certainly prefer him to Archibald and Ramsey.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 17:55:26 »

I'm hoping it's Cotterill still but any serious manager would be an upgrade on Williams who we all know was a coach and not a manager.

It's quite exciting to me that we could actually have a manager who's able to build his own squad rather than hoping we somehow come up with a decent squad of Power's hopeful punts.

When we've gone down to League 2 recently we've tended to come back stronger and I think Power's statement today has made that a realistic aim again.

I have more than a sneaky feeling that Cotterill despises Swindon!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 18:00:49 »

I have more than a sneaky feeling that Cotterill despises Swindon!

Steve Cotterill despises everyone and everything.

It must be close to 20 years since Cotterill first missed out of becoming Town manager. Not sure there were any others but he was definitely close prior to Jimmy Quinn's appointment.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 12:26:12 »

Rumour has it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermot_Drummy

Clems Army!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 12:39:50 »

Ex Chelsea youth coach - failed at Crawley, I know not every manager succeeds in their first job but it would have the stigma of Chelsea youth coach all over it, which why apparently crawley appointed him

You would hope as Power is gonig to trust someone with recruitment and budgets etc and knowing how crucial this next appointment is, for the first time in his tenure he will go for someone who has a bit more of a managerial record.

For me someone like JFH, played at the top level worked under some good managers, garnered his reputation at a small club, Burton, didn't do so well at QPR but equally was not really poor would have learnt some lessons got more experienced, and would hope to put them right in his next appointment to prove he is not a 1 hit wonder.

Others for me would be Keith Hill who is a master at the lower league and an old head or Paul Tisdale if he could be convinced to leave Exeter not sure either would command a huge settlement fee to their clubs.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 13:14:11 »

Oh dear god.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 13:17:52 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56978.0

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #326 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 13:29:20 »

Mark Allen, academy director at Man City....apparently he wants to have a go at managing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 13:36:56 »

I fancy a dabble, what time should I expect a call?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 13:38:16 »

Yikes! I'd rather have kept Williams.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #329 on: Friday, May 12, 2017, 13:48:20 »

Having a browse through the Crawley forum, a lot of them seem very confident that JFH will be their new manager Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: