Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360052 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 11:13:59 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39882884

most important bit: They hope to make an appointment within the next eight days.

No Gareth, the most important bit is new man/woman will have control of recruitment.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 11:44:32 »

Whether the new manager gets full control of recruitment or not. If Power and Sherwood continue to dictate match day squad / tactics and style of play then giving the manager control of recruitment is pointless imo.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 11:51:57 »

We should apply to join the SPL as McSwindon. We could have derby games in Europe against Waterford.
All this talk of Scottish managers has me thinking that Pat Fenlon wouldn't be a bad outside bet. Turned things around at Hibs and twice got them to the Scottish Cup Final. Could work well given an assistant with experience of English lower leagues. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fenlon
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 11:55:01 »

All this talk of Scottish managers has me thinking that Pat Fenlon wouldn't be a bad outside bet. Turned things around at Hibs and twice got them to the Scottish Cup Final. Could work well given an assistant with experience of English lower leagues. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fenlon
Just add a bit about Williams going the other way to be head coach at Waterford and you have a nice little Power cheap-option conspiracy story too! :-)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 12:29:36 »

Typical fucking Power, when he gets us to Europe... no doubt Waterford will get the slot.  Or maybe he's no intention of getting us there  Hmmm

Chrystovski

« Reply #305 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 12:30:47 »

The fact Power has advised that the policy will change, would suggest he's already spoken to his chosen man.
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 12:35:40 »

The fact Power has advised that the policy will change, would suggest he's already spoken to his chosen man.

Those were my thoughts. I reckon it's Evans. I can feel it in my water.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 12:36:59 »

I suspect it is to get it out there to get a few more agents touting their clients interest in the job as the ones that have applied are of no interest

But it does make you wonder if he would trust the recruitment to an unknown rather than an experienced manager

And of course it depends what type of budget is to be given
Chrystovski

« Reply #308 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 12:44:37 »

I suspect it is to get it out there to get a few more agents touting their clients interest in the job as the ones that have applied are of no interest

But it does make you wonder if he would trust the recruitment to an unknown rather than an experienced manager

And of course it depends what type of budget is to be given

I did think that but as you said, would you trust another Williams mould 2 with purchasing players?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 12:45:00 »

Or even offered him the job.........
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #310 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 12:55:12 »

Those were my thoughts. I reckon it's Evans. I can feel it in my water.
The last time we bought a manager out of his contract was Bob Smith in 1978/79. I'm sure Reg will correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty confident given reduced budgets etc we won't be going for someone tied to an existing contract. They could walk out of a contract though.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 13:00:29 »

I'm hoping it's Cotterill still but any serious manager would be an upgrade on Williams who we all know was a coach and not a manager.

It's quite exciting to me that we could actually have a manager who's able to build his own squad rather than hoping we somehow come up with a decent squad of Power's hopeful punts.

When we've gone down to League 2 recently we've tended to come back stronger and I think Power's statement today has made that a realistic aim again.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 13:02:15 by Super Hans » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 13:28:33 »

I've heard that he has already interviewed at least two candidates for the job, and no I don't know who
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 14:30:30 »

I can only be one man....Paolo, it's Paolo

I come from a land down-under
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 14:37:02 »

I think you should just be yourself Matchworn.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: