Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360100 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 09:35:42 »

This coupled with the fact that very little money has to be placed for the bookies odds to move at this level. Probably worth Evans putting £100 on it and using it to get the Mansfield chairman to back him.
That sounds like something our former manager who is still loved to this day would do
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 09:38:36 »

bored bored bored bored bored.

Amazon Echo tells me Benito Mussolini is the manager of Swindon Town when I ask it. Get your money on quick

Italian managers are all the rage atm what with Conte, about to become the 4th Italian manager to win the Prem. No Englishman has managed one.

Our Italian did OK also, so clearly the way to go.

Sadly Benito is unavailable having been hung by partisans, but Alessandra his grand-daughter is and fit to boot. Currently scuffing around in the EU Parliament in Bruxelles or Strasbourg, or wherever it's been shunted to this week.

Failing that Gianfranco Zola needs to rebuild his rep
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 11:13:14 »

Fabrizio Ravanellii is touting himself here there and everywhere. A slightly less mental Italian than our previous one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 11:22:19 »

Fabrizio Ravanellii is touting himself here there and everywhere. A slightly less mental Italian than our previous one.

Iffy Tegg for manager, like it!

Haha, doubt anyone will get this unless they are of a Ciren base and a certain age.

Used to play football with the likeable grey haired  legend (Teggy not Fab, obviously). He used to commentate as he played, and he was often "Ravanellii" in his own head if not on the pitch. I say in his own head, as I said - he commentated as he played.

Yeah, you had to be there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 12:00:37 »

Ask yourself this though. If he was in charge the second half of this season do you think we would of gone down?
I personally think we would have stayed up if Evans was appointed back in Feb or March but now we are down I would not want him here at all.

I would have been happy with him coming in short term to save us but not as a longer term manager, never.

I would also have been happy with Martin Allen when Williams was in charge, coming in short term too, but there are so many better fits than either of these 2.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 13:00:46 »

I personally think we would have stayed up if Evans was appointed back in Feb or March but now we are down I would not want him here at all.

I would have been happy with him coming in short term to save us but not as a longer term manager, never.

I would also have been happy with Martin Allen when Williams was in charge, coming in short term too, but there are so many better fits than either of these 2.

Why out of interest wouldn't you want him
Peter Venkman

« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 13:39:33 »

Why out of interest wouldn't you want him
Evans? If you ignore the conviction for tax evasion and fraud and also that he is a very unlikeable person.... my main concern is that he has been the subject of a sex charge against him while at Rotherham of flashing his cock at a female steward, I personally don't want somebody like that managing our club.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 16:18:09 »

Alan Archibald from Partick Thistle according to the Scottish Sun

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/987729/partick-thistle-boss-alan-archibald-in-the-frame-to-become-new-swindon-town-manager/amp/

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 16:32:21 »

Makes sense, he looks to be wearing a gilet... should be enough.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 16:32:43 »

Interesting.

*awaits inevitable and pointless comparison to Maurice Malpas*
Flashheart

« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 16:37:26 »

We are interested in Evans according to the adver. It's 'concrete', according to them.
Flashheart

« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 16:38:35 »

*awaits inevitable and pointless comparison to Maurice Malpas*

Has already happened. No prizes for guessing where.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 16:50:46 »

Has already happened. No prizes for guessing where.

One particular person on twitter said 'Scottish managers are crap, look at what happened with Alan Stubbs'

Alan Stubbs is from Liverpool
Flashheart

« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 16:51:27 »

One particular person on twitter said 'Scottish managers are crap, look at what happened with Alan Stubbs'

Alan Stubbs is from Liverpool

Yeah, I saw that. What a fuckwit.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 17:22:30 »

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/12331-swindon-want-archie/

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: