Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359960 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 09:48:50 »

I understand why people wouldn't want him here. But as a manager I think Evans is exactly what we need next season. Been there and done it in the lower divisions, and gets players fired up.
But I'm never one to get uptight about who plays for or manages us... Ranger and Di Canio for example. Do well on the pitch and I couldn't give a monkeys what you get up to or believe in off it.

Does it matter if it's against the law like rape or fraud...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 09:52:01 »

How long before people start freaking out at the lack of news? My money goes on there being rumbles of impatient discontent before the weekend.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 09:56:22 »

How long before people start freaking out at the lack of news? My money goes on there being rumbles of impatient discontent before the weekend.

Surely you've just started with this post
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 09:59:45 »

Has he not fucking arrived yet!!

Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 10:00:00 »

Steve Evans is an odious, corrupt, scummy cunt of the highest order. Being a football fan is about more than winning to me. I'd struggle to support any team which he was in charge of.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 10:00:19 »

Do well on the pitch and I couldn't give a monkeys what you get up to or believe in off it.

What if it gets us deducted points & relegated. He does have previous for that.

He's quite well known around here (as he lives locally) and it's hard to find anyone that's had anything to do with him that has a good word to say about him, in fact most are scathing in their criticism.

Wouldn't be a surprise if he's matey with Power, he also has links around this area.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 10:10:27 »

Does it matter if it's against the law like rape or fraud...
I'm not planning on being mates with them, I'm going to watch them every 2 weeks for 90 minutes. I support Swindon as a club, not individual players. So no, it doesn't matter to me, I just want us to win.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 10:48:47 »

Evans is a cunt and unlikely to win any charm or charisma competitions. He is also a convicted tax evader. Having said that, he is very successful in the lower leagues and would, quite probably, have similar success here. We've had managers and players before who have been less than paragons of virtue; does that really matter? As long as they aren't involved in anything illegal, or if they have been in the past, they've served their sentence, I fail to see why it's a big issue. I'm not going to be inviting the cunt round for tea...

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 11:02:33 »

I don't want him because, character issues aside, he's only ever achieved anything when he's had a massive amount of money to do so, and has been bang average (or just plain shit) when he hasnt

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 11:18:27 »

We've had managers and players before who have been less than paragons of virtue; does that really matter?

To some it will do. In the same way to some, Di Canio's political viewpoint was enough for them to distance themselves form the club for a period. I guess it's up to the individual and everyone has a tipping point. Mine would be Steve Evans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 12:04:58 »

To some it will do. In the same way to some, Di Canio's political viewpoint was enough for them to distance themselves form the club for a period. I guess it's up to the individual and everyone has a tipping point. Mine would be Steve Evans.

We tried the nice guy approach with Luke.  We desperately need someone with a bit of lower league nous, who can influence the recruitment to get more suitable players on board than a team of BOOs.

Lou Macari wasn't exactly a whiter shade of pale...when he skipped the light fandango
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 12:14:31 »

I don't want him because, character issues aside, he's only ever achieved anything when he's had a massive amount of money to do so, and has been bang average (or just plain shit) when he hasnt

I don't believe he has ever worked with a really big budget, ala Paolo but he does like a few quid to spend on players, but to be honest taking away his seedy reputation managers that are successful usually do get given a few quid extra, there are not many managers that are successful that are only given £1 to spend.

I'd suggest Evans is a decent lower league manager, but his reputation goes before him that rubs certain people up the wrong way.

I don't believe it will be him that gets the job anyway, I am still expecting someone who has worked as a No 2 or just a coach somewhere and Power will build him up like he did Williams as the best coach ever.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 12:25:11 »

Evans still has two years left on his Mansfield contract.

We've never really been a club to pay compensation to acquire new managers (Bobby Smith the last one?) and I don't envisage Lee Power opting to buck that trend.

Unless he has a walk away clause, of course.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 12:26:49 »

could just using us to screw more money/budget out of Mansfield..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 12:48:04 »

Mansfield Town confirm to @AdverSport that no approach has been made by Swindon Town for manager Steve Evans #stfc
https://t.co/RM3AnKmAXE
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: