Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359990 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 19:14:10 »

Evans would be a superb appointment and a statement of intent that we mean business in reclaiming League 1 status at the first appointment.

Sadly, him being under contract makes that a non-starter.

Cometh the hour.....

What the frec is under that shirt?
Looks like the devil I tell thee . . balls in the boxzz.

nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 19:57:42 »

Is Evans still wearing his eye liner?
Which ex Town full back will be our new boss?
Hockaday, Ramsey, Phil King, Paul Bodin, David Kerslake?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 20:12:41 »

Not Phil King.  The VIP matchday experience would be so much poorer for the lack of shit jokes from the 1970's

Never knowingly overstated.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 20:22:26 »

For some reason I seem to be the only one who doesn't care that he's fat, I think being a morally bankrupt, quite possibly sexist, criminal is enough. I don't want him anywhere near us, even if he guaranteed us promotion.

Ah, so you are questioning why people are calling him fat, of which there is quite considerable evidence, by calling him sexist instead, which by your use of the word probably means that even you admit that there is little evidence..

Good work Cheesy

I don't care either way btw, just pointing it out.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #184 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 20:26:41 »

He's actually not fat any more so now there's more evidence of him being sexist than fat, because he isn't fat.

Good work  Cheesy

Still a cunt though. A cunt that happens to be a pretty good lower league manager, but still a cunt.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 20:30:37 »

He lost a lot of weight, the utter fucking cunt isn't so fat nowadays.

Judging by his comments here he is expecting a fair bit of investment in the Mansfield squad in the summer from the chairman.

He's probably better off staying there to be honest, and i'd fancy them to be up there next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39816162
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 20:39:11 »

yeah he's got a better chance of promotion at Mansfield than with us, ffs. but it's true.

I just can't see Evans coming here on any level. nothing fits with Power's MO.

but it's good fun to talk.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 20:52:04 »

yeah he's got a better chance of promotion at Mansfield than with us, ffs. but it's true.

I just can't see Evans coming here on any level. nothing fits with Power's MO.

but it's good fun to talk.

He worked at Leeds under Cellino, albeit very briefly
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 22:02:29 »

Ah, so you are questioning why people are calling him fat, of which there is quite considerable evidence, by calling him sexist instead, which by your use of the word probably means that even you admit that there is little evidence..

Good work Cheesy

I don't care either way btw, just pointing it out.

The difference being sexism is a greater offence than being overweight..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 22:05:35 »

Not Phil King.  The VIP matchday experience would be so much poorer for the lack of shit jokes from the 1970's

I was with the ball sponsor for the Millwall game and I thought Kingy was brilliant, very warm, and funny in an old fashioned (but still funny) way
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 23:07:08 »

He worked at Leeds under Cellino, albeit very briefly

As did Hocky... as for Evans he may be a cross between Jabba the Hutt and Richard Scudamore, but if he can put out a side that vaguely looks like it might be trying to win a game, he'll do for me.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 07:25:59 »

Evans is very good friends with Power, I know that for certain,as when we met Power at Calne training ground a few years ago. He told us he was going to Leeds a few days before it was announced and did talk about being interested for the Swindon job before (until Leeds came for him) after Cooper left.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 08:28:02 »

I understand why people wouldn't want him here. But as a manager I think Evans is exactly what we need next season. Been there and done it in the lower divisions, and gets players fired up.
But I'm never one to get uptight about who plays for or manages us... Ranger and Di Canio for example. Do well on the pitch and I couldn't give a monkeys what you get up to or believe in off it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 08:34:05 »

I think I'd suffer him if it gets us up. if he does that he'll leave for bigger things anyway.

but I still can't see it ever happening. It would take an absolute and complete change of approach from Power.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 08:39:53 »

As Blinkpip says, I have heard they are quite matey.
Maybe Power has realised he has more chance of selling players for good money if they're playing in a promotion chasing team than passing the ball around and sitting in mid table.
I do think we will see a change of approach next season.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: