Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359958 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 16:24:55 »

Chang should be the new manager. He's got some amazing contacts in the game and as we all know, he's got all the answers.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 16:50:55 »

Luc Nijholt, has experience in bringing through youth in his current employment at Dutch side AZ. Also has international experience (albeit with Qatar).

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:08:53 »

Chang should be the new manager. He's got some amazing contacts in the game and as we all know, he's got all the answers.

All he'd need to do is predict a defeat before each game and we'd be undefeated all season!

It's All Good..............
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:16:36 »

Jackett for me, but unlikely to happen, I couldn't see him working in the way that Power works.  We will end up with a cheap option no doubt.

If we go down the cheap route let's take a punt on a new manager/ex player..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:29:04 »

Same here. Scott Parker would fit the bill.
In theory Power could still make a profit on a manager with a buy out clause of some sort or add on if they go on to manage in the PL for example.

Failing that, dig out someone who is making their way in / having some success in non-league.

Saw Scott Parker come on for Fulham against Leeds a couple of weeks ago - he would make a decent player/manager shout!

I know he hasn't managed since he left Port Vale, but I thought the chairman's comments about Micky Adams were interesting.

"I did not realise what a big asset Micky Adams was until he left us who, in reality, he was much more than just the manager. On his departure I became vulnerable without his structured management of the football department."

We need someone to manage the football department, although that may not be how Power sees the role !

Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:36:55 »

I keep hearing the name Scott Parker popping up. I must confess I've no idea who he is.

Why does his name keep popping up over others? Does he have links to Power or something?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:42:09 »

I keep hearing the name Scott Parker popping up. I must confess I've no idea who he is.

Why does his name keep popping up over others? Does he have links to Power or something?

No. Sonic Youth loves him and he's managed to create a movement  Smiley

Scott Parker: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Parker
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #67 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:42:31 »

Eek
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:43:02 »

Ex player for Newcastle, Charlton and others, managed at Port vale for a short period....... apart from that don't know if he has any links to Power, maybe because he is an ex-player like PDC / Wise / Hoddle / Macari that he might be a good "cheap" manager.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:44:26 »

Eek

What's 350+ Premier League appearances to someone when you're supporting a lower league side while living in Thailand?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:48:39 »

Who was sacked at Norwich? Gave us Toffolo, a goalkeeper and cash for Thompson? Alex Neil?

More likely though to be the bloke who was a manager up in Scotland who was shortlisted when Ling got the job.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:48:46 »

Ex player for Newcastle, Charlton and others, managed at Port vale for a short period....... apart from that don't know if he has any links to Power, maybe because he is an ex-player like PDC / Wise / Hoddle / Macari that he might be a good "cheap" manager.

Must have managed Port Vale in a parralel universe!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 17:55:13 »

Steve Evans has instigated the beginning of the end of his career at Mansfield.................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39816162

Popcorn
Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 18:02:14 »

What's 350+ Premier League appearances to someone when you're supporting a lower league side while living in Thailand?

Exactly. It may sound odd to you lot over there initially, but I only follow STFC. I'm not much of a neutral fan and rarely watch/follow anything else. There's no reason for me to know of him (although having just googled him I was surprised to see he has England caps)

I bet I know more about the lower leagues than a lot of football 'fans' in the UK, though.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 18:05:31 »

Exactly. It may sound odd to you lot over there initially, but I only follow STFC. I'm not much of a neutral fan and rarely watch/follow anything else. There's no reason for me to know of him (although having just googled him I was surprised to see he has England caps)

I bet I know more about the lower leagues than a lot of football 'fans' in the UK, though.

(The question mark made my comment read sarcastic but I wasn't joking)

There are definitely a few recent England internationals/up-and-coming PL England prospects that I could pass in the street without noticing. That wouldn't have been the case a few years ago.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: