Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 361250 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 12:27:14 »

Simon Ferry's up for it:

Si Ferry‏
@siferry8

Follow
 More
Replying to @WillSugg92 @TrustSTFC
Il boot arses
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 12:30:35 »

still no official comment...

thought they might have simply been caught on the hop by the news leaking, but a bit slow getting a statement out aren't they?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 12:32:12 »

Its only been a few hours...

In terms of new manager - anyone who has more nous about how to win a football match than Williams  approach.

Things get better but they never get good
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 12:32:28 »

Good old Hamlet, loved those pink shirts, lived up the road for years so a soft spot for me too, specially in that great old ground.

Someone like John Still knows our level better than anyone in the game. He'll know the leaders at that level be they players or current managers. I'd pay him as a consultant to recommend a hungry young man, not necc a big name, then ask him to mentor whoever he suggests for a year as they learn the ropes. He'd know straight away if someone like Gavin Rose is up for it.

Dulwich Hamlet eh?  My uncle used to have a season ticket to the old ground by the railway, used to stay with my gran in the flats on Dog Kennel Hill!!  Memories!!!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 12:39:08 »

Dulwich Hamlet eh?  My uncle used to have a season ticket to the old ground by the railway, used to stay with my gran in the flats on Dog Kennel Hill!!  Memories!!!

The new ground is next door to the old one, which is now a Sainsbury's, so still on Dog Kennel Hill.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 13:26:00 »

Used to live very close.  Well Barry road in East Dulwich.  Lovely part of London (until the end of the road when you're in to Peckham)

Never knowingly overstated.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 13:52:36 »

The new ground is next door to the old one, which is now a Sainsbury's, so still on Dog Kennel Hill.
Yes, had a wander around a couple of years ago - they have had some decent players through their hands over the years.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 14:10:59 »

Paolo Di Canio

I'm really not up to speed with whose who in management anymore but Jackett has always done a decent job higher up the pyramid than we are currently.

If we could tempt him, great do it.

If not, I'd like to see us try the 'new manager' route
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 14:14:53 »

If not, I'd like to see us try the 'new manager' route

As opposed to the 'no manager' route?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 14:16:09 »

Well, you could argue we've done that a few times

As in new to management - rather than a managerial merry-go-round manager who has been sacked countless times before and never achieved anything anywhere but somehow keeps getting jobs.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 14:17:09 »

I'll settle for someone who has basic competence.

The chances of getting someone though are slim... Power is going to have to trim the budget, by a £mill, and then presumably still be paying Luke off, unless he can agree a lump sum, out of the proceeds of any Vigs sale.

Anton Rodgers player/manager.
Panda Paws

« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 14:35:57 »

I'll settle for someone who has basic competence.

The chances of getting someone though are slim... Power is going to have to trim the budget, by a £mill, and then presumably still be paying Luke off, unless he can agree a lump sum, out of the proceeds of any Vigs sale.

Anton Rodgers player/manager.

I'm guessing, but there's no way LW's contract was actually 5 years with no break clauses. I'd be very surprised if he's due anything more than a couple of months.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 14:56:51 »

Is Ady Viveash still at Chelsea? Would make sense
He is. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/video-chelsea-u21-coach-adi-viveash-scores-casual-chip-training?utm_m_medium=t

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 15:06:25 »

I'm guessing, but there's no way LW's contract was actually 5 years with no break clauses. I'd be very surprised if he's due anything more than a couple of months.

Of course we'll never know, but the LMA are pretty hot on making sure their members, get what is due to them.
Panda Paws

« Reply #59 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 15:56:13 »

Of course we'll never know, but the LMA are pretty hot on making sure their members, get what is due to them.

He'll get what's due in his contract, as he agreed. Anyway, he's gone by mutual consent, not sacked, so a package has obviously been agreed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: