Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dermot Drummy  (Read 12135 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 6, 2018, 13:30:35 »

Cheers Reg, I have been up to Ninestone a few times as used to visit Robin Hood Stride. We had friends at nearby Birchover.

Yes Arbor Low is well visited up here and also *Nine Ladies. Interesting that we (Derbyshire) would name two stone circles 'nine' when Ninestone has about four, possibly five and Nine Ladies has ten stones. Although Nine Ladies is representative of nine witches turned to stone, dancing to a pipe player ('The King Stone' as some may call it) in the centre. My late Granddad used to tell me on the Solstice the Witches rise again (he wasn't a devout Pagan), at 5/6 years old that was pretty scary!

Ninestone must've had nine at one point unless it referenced laylines too. I don't know as much about Ninestone and it isn't as well known. Beautiful parts of my County, I must admit.

*Nine Ladies is not a Derbyshire version of the fast food chain Five Guys

Nine ladies just sounds like a typical Friday night out for Reg.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 6, 2018, 15:40:47 »

Sad news, but how do we know he was suffering from depression? Being sad or even desperate is not necessarily the same thing.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/chris-hargreaves-pays-tribute-former-864331

He always had a smile on his face, and like most of us I would never have known that he had suffered from recent bouts of depression – this after being sacked from Crawley and not feeling he had been given a proper second chance anywhere.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: