Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dermot Drummy  (Read 12030 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 16:27:01 »

So the same as the much-feted Di Canio, or Hoddle etc.

Or not much cop in his last gig, like Cooper or Wilson etc.

Or is just because he's not a name?
no nothing to do with 'name', just academy football and most importantly a record to rival Williams.

I'd rather take a chance on an upcoming successful young non league manager.

but this guy seems the most likely type we'll get, just hope we don't pick a dud.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 16:43:23 »

Plenty of managers have been shit at one club and decent at another.

That's enough of that kind of talk, now is no time to be rational.  What we need is mass panic & hysteria unless we tempt Pep or Jurgen to be our next manager.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 16:53:46 »

He can't come here. We don't want any fucking Drum(my)s at The County Ground..

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 17:09:35 »

According to the Crawley forum he should fit in well.

I have been amazed at how much time off DD seems to give the players. Particularly given the level of under performance in the team.
Fitness has been a huge issue both in terms of our ability to close teams down when we don't have possession, our ability to get to 50 - 50 balls and also frankly the general appearance of some of the players - they look unfit.

Actually can he be any worse than Williams if he did come here?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 20:18:33 »

For Dermot Drummy read Maurice Malpas .... been there done that!

I used to be Fatbury
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 08:22:11 »

So the same as the much-feted Di Canio, or Hoddle etc.

Or not much cop in his last gig, like Cooper or Wilson etc.

Or is just because he's not a name?
Love an argument you don't you
Panda Paws

« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 08:44:31 »

Love an argument you don't you

Not really - I do think lots of people are instantly negative about most things though, before they've even happened or know more about it, or even if they're probably not going to happen. And I like calling that out.

StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 16:51:24 »

RIP
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-43647451
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 20:23:48 »

That's awful. Suicide just makes it that little bit sadder.

RIP Dermot  Sad
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 20:48:06 »

The amount of depression related stuff coming out of football is staggering. The pressure is huge. Would probably help if football fans weren't such cunts as well.

RIP Dermot.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 21:19:22 »

The amount of depression related stuff coming out of football is staggering. The pressure is huge. Would probably help if football fans weren't such cunts as well.

RIP Dermot.

To be honest, depression is everywhere. It's just being talked about more, which is bloody paramount. Especially amongst many blokes. We need to talk more and ignore all this "oh man up!", "It wasn't like this in my day, you just got on with it", "What's up with you, get that pint down you!" and other such like. That in essence was/is part of the problem - lets just shuffle that under the carpet and it'll go away. No it won't. We need to talk. As we would if we had a stinking cold.

As always, I don't take this stuff lightly and always will offer an ear to anyone. That includes people I might not even get on very well with. Even the unknowns to me on here. Even if you don't really like me. You got something that is on your mind or wearing you down? I'll listen. I might even offer some advice but in any case. Talk more.

RIP to anyone who has fallen foul to this awful condition.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 6, 2018, 00:07:33 »

To be honest, depression is everywhere. It's just being talked about more, which is bloody paramount. Especially amongst many blokes. We need to talk more and ignore all this "oh man up!", "It wasn't like this in my day, you just got on with it", "What's up with you, get that pint down you!" and other such like. That in essence was/is part of the problem - lets just shuffle that under the carpet and it'll go away. No it won't. We need to talk. As we would if we had a stinking cold.

As always, I don't take this stuff lightly and always will offer an ear to anyone. That includes people I might not even get on very well with. Even the unknowns to me on here. Even if you don't really like me. You got something that is on your mind or wearing you down? I'll listen. I might even offer some advice but in any case. Talk more.

RIP to anyone who has fallen foul to this awful condition.

You might be interested in this...

http://blog.english-heritage.org.uk/human-henge-how-can-a-historic-landscape-be-good-for-you/

Up your way... there's Arbor Low, which is reasonably well known, but less so Ninestone Close

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 6, 2018, 08:25:34 »

It was rumoured at the time he died that he did take his own life, such an awful position to be in, everyone who has suffered badly from depression can relate to the feelings he must have felt before he unfortunately did what he finally did.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 6, 2018, 08:37:29 »

Sad news, but how do we know he was suffering from depression? Being sad or even desperate is not necessarily the same thing.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 6, 2018, 12:42:51 »

You might be interested in this...

http://blog.english-heritage.org.uk/human-henge-how-can-a-historic-landscape-be-good-for-you/

Up your way... there's Arbor Low, which is reasonably well known, but less so Ninestone Close

Cheers Reg, I have been up to Ninestone a few times as used to visit Robin Hood Stride. We had friends at nearby Birchover.

Yes Arbor Low is well visited up here and also *Nine Ladies. Interesting that we (Derbyshire) would name two stone circles 'nine' when Ninestone has about four, possibly five and Nine Ladies has ten stones. Although Nine Ladies is representative of nine witches turned to stone, dancing to a pipe player ('The King Stone' as some may call it) in the centre. My late Granddad used to tell me on the Solstice the Witches rise again (he wasn't a devout Pagan), at 5/6 years old that was pretty scary!

Ninestone must've had nine at one point unless it referenced laylines too. I don't know as much about Ninestone and it isn't as well known. Beautiful parts of my County, I must admit.

*Nine Ladies is not a Derbyshire version of the fast food chain Five Guys

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: