Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons STFC games live for overseas fans  (Read 26339 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 11:43:12 »

I still want to know who gets the proceeds from these games. My credit card was charged to EFL. Do the clubs get anything for providing the content?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 12:01:02 »

As far as I can tell you already have access anyway.

Oh.  Embarrassed Never noticed that before.

Right, clear a sofa and get me a Laphroaig on the rocks. I might be some time...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #122 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 12:03:44 »

I still want to know who gets the proceeds from these games. My credit card was charged to EFL. Do the clubs get anything for providing the content?

The club's don't provide the live content. It'll be wrapped up into a league wide digital rights deal, and the clubs will probably get a % of revenue based on sign ups.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 12:19:58 »

I meant by actually providing the 'entertainment'
Chrystovski

« Reply #124 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 12:33:19 »

What is this lounge that you speak of? 
Flashheart

« Reply #125 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 12:51:00 »

What is this lounge that you speak of? 

It's a secret bit for members that are brilliantly smart, good looking and have massive knobs (or great tits).

And Red Frog.
Panda Paws

« Reply #126 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 12:56:18 »

I meant by actually providing the 'entertainment'

They'll get a fixed sum per sign up, almost certainly, as a top up to their of value of the digital rights deal signed by the league. Some clubs have opted out too.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 14:11:04 »

It's a secret bit for members that are brilliantly smart, good looking and have massive knobs (or great tits).

And Red Frog.

Flaccid Dick

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chrystovski

« Reply #128 on: Friday, August 11, 2017, 07:22:49 »

And Red Frog.

So Red Frog is the only member then?!  Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #129 on: Friday, August 11, 2017, 07:29:40 »

I may have used a somewhat liberal definition of the terms "brilliantly' 'smart' 'good-looking' and 'massive'
Fowey

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 12:34:48 »

Just to let you know about my friend’s experience

He decided to use his Windows 10 PC with a VPN client and the ifollow service. 

He signed up to NordVPN for a 3 days trial. No credit card was required, just his email address so that NordVPN could send an email with a link in it to activate the trial.

https://nordvpn.com/free-trial/

He clicked on the link to activate the 3 Day trial and received another email with a link to download the VPN client software. He downloaded the NordVPN client software and installed it on his Windows PC.

He then ran the NordVPN client software on his Windows PC, logging in using his email address and password that he had set up previously when he signed up.

He then connected to a server in Spain using NordVPN.

(He got a “geoblocked” error message when he tried a Dutch server).

After this he started his Chrome browser and went to the subscription page

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/ and he could see that there was an option for a Season Pass for 130 euros. He selected “Subscribe Now”.

He was asked to create an iFollow account for which he was required to enter and setup his email address and password. He was then given options on how to pay for the season pass. He decided to pay with a UK based credit card. He entered his UK billing address but this caused an error message so he changed the country field from UK to Spain and tried again and his transaction when through.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 12:44:37 »

I wonder of the FL will clock onto a potential to move to UK streaming if this proves popular for all those abroad and all those other "abroad"?  Might be a better money spinner than a Sky TV deal, especially if they throw in some advertising.  They could even carry on with the Sky deal by excluding those games that go National, just like I think this current set-up does.
Chrystovski

« Reply #132 on: Monday, August 14, 2017, 09:41:21 »

Just to let you know about my friend’s experience

He decided to use his Windows 10 PC with a VPN client and the ifollow service. 

He signed up to NordVPN for a 3 days trial. No credit card was required, just his email address so that NordVPN could send an email with a link in it to activate the trial.

https://nordvpn.com/free-trial/

He clicked on the link to activate the 3 Day trial and received another email with a link to download the VPN client software. He downloaded the NordVPN client software and installed it on his Windows PC.

He then ran the NordVPN client software on his Windows PC, logging in using his email address and password that he had set up previously when he signed up.

He then connected to a server in Spain using NordVPN.

(He got a “geoblocked” error message when he tried a Dutch server).

After this he started his Chrome browser and went to the subscription page

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/ and he could see that there was an option for a Season Pass for 130 euros. He selected “Subscribe Now”.

He was asked to create an iFollow account for which he was required to enter and setup his email address and password. He was then given options on how to pay for the season pass. He decided to pay with a UK based credit card. He entered his UK billing address but this caused an error message so he changed the country field from UK to Spain and tried again and his transaction when through.

Cheers for the info.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: