Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons STFC games live for overseas fans  (Read 26333 times)
Chrystovski

« on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:11:27 »

I saw this and thought it would be of interest to some overseas Reds.

Cut a long story short £110 for all of STFC's games streamed live.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/live-streaming-platform-ifollow-unveiled-for-global-efl-fans-3704134.aspx

Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:12:38 »

And to some non-overseas reds, thanks to the power of VPN
Chrystovski

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:13:08 »

And to some non-overseas reds, thanks to the power of VPN

Yes
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:42:04 »

Read this on another thread. Works out a tad more than Player but as long as the streaming is at least mainly lag free then It's a decent option even to pay for. Unless Player negotiate some kind of deal as surely this will see many unsubscribe? plus will it just be one fixed camera angle or will there actually be say 2 (side stand view and SB view) or even a side stand view operated (much like BBC FA Cup matches?

What implication does this do to the effective "lost seats" Will clubs be given a chunk of TV compo for say the equivalent of 100 lost seats? May only be say c£2k @ £20 per ticket but £2k x min 23league + min 4cup = c£52k. I know in relative terms we don't sell out our stadia, however this is a fair claim for clubs to consider, lets face it from that alone many LG2 and LG1 clubs could factor that into paying a players wages for a season and for the some clubs or clubs ran efficiently that could be a welcome chunk of cash.

Also, on the flipside  (we know there is nothing like being at a live match but this could deter some "maybe i'll re-new my ST" to "well for £100 I can just get annoyed at home instead?" and save £350 in the process. That's also an attractive prospect for many a floating voter if the season isn't going so great. Obviously even better if you use the VPN method.

Have I thought about this a bit too much?  Doh Doh

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:45:56 »

I've been waiting for this day. The internet finally arrives at what it was built for.

Just need someone to buy me it for my birthday, then I can be as miserable as everyone else on a Saturday.

Not sure I'll ever need to return to the UK again.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:56:46 »

You say that, but "Brexit means Brexit"

#softStrongAndVeryLong, no wait that's not it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:57:19 »

Fuck, I'd managed not to watch our descent this year, what excuse do I have now?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 12:25:33 »

Maybe we could have a whip round? Wink
Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 13:02:57 »

Read this on another thread. Works out a tad more than Player but as long as the streaming is at least mainly lag free then It's a decent option even to pay for. Unless Player negotiate some kind of deal as surely this will see many unsubscribe? plus will it just be one fixed camera angle or will there actually be say 2 (side stand view and SB view) or even a side stand view operated (much like BBC FA Cup matches?

What implication does this do to the effective "lost seats" Will clubs be given a chunk of TV compo for say the equivalent of 100 lost seats? May only be say c£2k @ £20 per ticket but £2k x min 23league + min 4cup = c£52k. I know in relative terms we don't sell out our stadia, however this is a fair claim for clubs to consider, lets face it from that alone many LG2 and LG1 clubs could factor that into paying a players wages for a season and for the some clubs or clubs ran efficiently that could be a welcome chunk of cash.

Also, on the flipside  (we know there is nothing like being at a live match but this could deter some "maybe i'll re-new my ST" to "well for £100 I can just get annoyed at home instead?" and save £350 in the process. That's also an attractive prospect for many a floating voter if the season isn't going so great. Obviously even better if you use the VPN method.

Have I thought about this a bit too much?  Doh Doh

It's replacing player.

And the clubs will get a split of revenue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 13:18:48 »

I've been waiting for this day. The internet finally arrives at what it was built for.

Just need someone to buy me it for my birthday, then I can be as miserable as everyone else on a Saturday.

Never mind "need".  I doubt that you'd be returning anywhere near the UK if you'd had to endure what we have back here.

PS  It may have suffered in comparison with Joshua:Klitscko but at least the election candidates your way aren't scared of a televised scrap.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 16:23:56 »

Never mind "need".  I doubt that you'd be returning anywhere near the UK if you'd had to endure what we have back here.

PS  It may have suffered in comparison with Joshua:Klitscko but at least the election candidates your way aren't scared of a televised scrap.

I'll hold off until Sunday before making any judgments about the relative shitness of the state of France and England.

But I console myself that however bad things get, there will always be cheese. And wine.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 17:31:58 »

It's replacing player.

If its replacing Player what about those far away fans without a sea in the way, I am pretty sure that despite Mrs Mays best efforts Cumbria is still not abroad?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 17:47:00 »

If its replacing Player what about those far away fans without a sea in the way, I am pretty sure that despite Mrs Mays best efforts Cumbria is still not abroad?

Not to mention those of us over the bridge! Do I count as overseas I wonder?

Bloody hell, imagine if we got commentary that actually worked?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Panda Paws

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 5, 2017, 08:52:07 »

My understanding is this: PlayerHD and the whole EFL service provider contract (website template etc) is up, and this new product is part of the replacement service provider. Radio comms will be available as part of that new service provider.
Baltic Robin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 15:37:12 »

iFollow is a great service--I've been waiting for something like that for a long time. Now I'll be able to watch Swindon Town whilst sitting comfortably in my armchair in Gdańsk. Clap
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: