Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sendles White  (Read 14879 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 19:53:52 »

Just had a look at the clip.

Awful from Pope. Awful.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 19:55:25 »

Terrible. Pope should be banned for life.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 19:58:40 »

Terrible. Pope should be banned for life.

Nothing short of excommunication....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 08:52:35 »

Pope had no involvement in the injury, it was an accidental collision involving Zeli Ismail, a winger. Always amuses me how Pope is repeatedly brought up when he had no involvement what so ever.

It was right in front of me and it was a fucking terrible challenge from Pope.

I don't get the hysteria. I'd have liked him to stay but understand the risk as many players never recover from an ACL. Its a chance to give the club shit though so I guess many will take it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 09:29:44 »

in fairness DRS wasnt giving the club shit over not offering him a contract
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 09:30:25 »

I wasn't having a pop at DRS.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 09:35:56 »

oh, you mean outside of this forum. all the posts in here are sane.

let's be honest, if Power stood at the corner of the Town End handing​ out £10s, there is a section of fans that would slate him for not handing out £20s.

that is not to say many of their criticisms are invalid, just that he's gone past the point of return
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 10:36:22 »

Yeh pretty much, but its the usual. The reaction here is usually pretty sane with the odd loon going nuts, but on twitter the amount of people who were going mental about it was ridiculous.

And yes you're right on the last point. I guarantee if we sign a player for money this summer the reaction will be "it's only so Power can sell him on for profit". Or something along those lines. Not to say I disagree with the criticisms of Power (I agree with a lot of them) but some people are out for blood and that will never change, even if we get 3 promotions in a row.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 12:01:06 »

Its a shame the club was not prepared to put a contact on the table for him and advise him he needs to prove his fitness and there would a a contract waiting or advise him to come back pre season prove himself with no commitment either side, but sadly it seems he has been thrown on the scrap heap although he was good enough before his injury, I'm sure he wasn't the highest paid player.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 12:24:31 »

Personally I'm less bothered by not offering him a new contract than I am by the fact we appear to have dumped him mid recovery.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 12:27:44 »

Quote from: Posh Red
Personally I'm less bothered by not offering him a new contract than I am by the fact we appear to have dumped him mid recovery.
this
Chrystovski

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 13:44:25 »

Our budget and squad size is likely to be smaller again next season, no point wasting budget on a half crocked player. We've had that too much this season with Beeks, Thompson & Kasim.

Cannot comment on how the club treated him as we don't know the whole story.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 15:08:35 »

Our budget and squad size is likely to be smaller again next season, no point wasting budget on a half crocked player. We've had that too much this season with Beeks, Thompson & Kasim.

Cannot comment on how the club treated him as we don't know the whole story.

Half crocked ?

There is no reason he wont make a full recovery to fitness, it does not mean he will be injury prone after 1 bad injury
Chrystovski

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 15:12:30 »

Half crocked ?

There is no reason he wont make a full recovery to fitness, it does not mean he will be injury prone after 1 bad injury

Poor choice of words maybe, on a player who's fitness is currently questionable would be more fitting.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 16:09:07 »

If we knew the extent of the damage then we wouldn't need to debate this.

If it's as bad as his injury can be then there's no way on earth that we can be outraged by his release.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: