Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28653 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 11:43:32 »

Were there any signs of optimism from the Charlton performance?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 11:50:41 »

I wasn't there but Dion Conroy perhaps?

Adver didn't seem think our future prospects were up to much...

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 12:07:57 »

Conroy looked decent and Goddard appeared quite fired up; he and Brophy were trying to run at people. No one else stood out.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 12:34:05 »

I can't believe i'm reading posts about Williams signing players,WAKE UP  has no say they get players in and he has  to work with the shit that's picked for him.
The big problem is he usually he spouts out crap like " I'm happy with the squad i got".I don't know of any real manager who wouldn't want to sign more players,
I'n a nutshell we haven't had a real manager for ages.
Rossi Branco,Kasim,Barker, El Abd, Ince, Starkey, Barry,Rodgers are all players with links to Brighton who presumably have been recommended by Williams so he probably has some input into signings
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 12:55:38 »

Point well made but he wasn't manager when most of those signed.
Looking at the list he better not have any more input.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 13:13:09 »

No.  None whatsoever.
Panda Paws

« Reply #96 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 13:27:11 »

How does anyone think we'll walk League 2, or be relegation fodder? None of us have a clue what the playing side of this club is going to look like in 8-12 weeks.
Flashheart

« Reply #97 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 13:39:55 »

How does anyone think we'll walk League 2, or be relegation fodder? None of us have a clue what the playing side of this club is going to look like in 8-12 weeks.

OH MY GOD YOU POWER LOVER
adje

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 13:51:11 »

As I said earlier Conroy and Brophy were decent and Goddard could well be a gem in League 2.ALL the others were embarrassingly bad

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Panda Paws

« Reply #99 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 13:58:51 »

Conroy was by some distance our best player on Saturday. First name on the team sheet for me next year, hopefully alongside JSW. Goddard, Norris should do well in L2. Brophy and Barry are fine to have around (but Dabo back would be good). Vigs is off, by the looks of things.  Pretty much every other senior player can go.

No real idea about Starkey or the other young'uns. Henry is absolutely nowhere near being ready for first team football. Keep forgetting Jordan Young.... assuming he's fit for next season?

Power has recruited well before. He's also recruited terribly. None us have a clue what this summer holds, but it is going to be massively important, and the single biggest indicator of Power's desire to run this football club.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:01:04 »

Of course, nothing is definite, but what we do know is that Power and his side kicks, failed to assemble a squad fit for purpose in Div 3. Further this squad, failed to win a game against any of the Div  4 or Conference sides we came up against in Cups.

We know that only a handful of players from this squad will be left for next season, so major recruitment wil be required. The last recruitment in Jan, suggested that nothing will change and we'll have another squad not fit for purpose in Div 4.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:35:05 »

Yet,frustratingly,we beat 4 of the top 6

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:49:55 »

This is a fair point, the two things we must do if we are to be competitive though are

1) Get a proper Manager, when that has man management & motivational skills
2) Recruit a damn site better than we have the last couple of years.

If we fail to do those then it is likely to be a struggle
Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:53:38 »

The last time I attempted a prediction was after the Wilson/Hart season. I thought we'd challenge for promotion that year. Oh, how wrong I was.

I know some will be convinced that they are correct in whichever prediction they are making but the reality is that nobody really knows. Nobody can know.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:07:58 »

The last time I attempted a prediction was after the Wilson/Hart season. I thought we'd challenge for promotion that year. Oh, how wrong I was.

I know some will be convinced that they are correct in whichever prediction they are making but the reality is that nobody really knows. Nobody can know.

Ridiculous post. GL5 knows everything and can predict the future, im not going to make any guesses on where we will finish until the squad has been built and GL5 gives his review
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: