Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29151 times)
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 20:38:13 »

Jayohaitchenn.                                                                                                                                                              Over the whole playing career of Rodgers and Prutton would you still pick Rodgers,i know he was shit for us but i can't see Anton playing any better for any other team.
Or did you mean you'd rather Anton fuck his dad and not Prutton?
He won't end up on easy street talking bollocks on sky like Prutton.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 22:57:59 »

Sad days. Our club is surely better than this?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 09:42:37 »

Sad days. Our club is surely better than this?

We are definitely entering uncharted territory as club, the question being can we at least arrrest the decline next season?

It's not easy to say yes with any great confidence, given the available evidence.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:02:15 »

We are definitely entering uncharted territory as club, the question being can we at least arrrest the decline next season?

It's not easy to say yes with any great confidence, given the available evidence.

This for me.

Forget all this bounce back bollocks.

Let's stay in the league.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:08:18 »

we are relegation fodder as things stand. things won't stand still though.

most interesting/worrying post season for ages. last year was similar but the safety net is gone now. hopefully this is obvious to a Power
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:14:05 »

If Wiliams is seriously considering signing Feruz up for next year they can go fuck themselves. Thats all.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:28:22 »

If Wiliams is seriously considering signing Feruz up for next year they can go fuck themselves. Thats all.

I think both you and I know that Williams isn't seriously considering signing Feruz....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:31:06 »

we are relegation fodder as things stand. things won't stand still though.

most interesting/worrying post season for ages. last year was similar but the safety net is gone now. hopefully this is obvious to a Power

True things won't stand still, but the worry is that all evidence points to a deterioration... at this point in time, it just isn't possible to gauge where that might end up taking us.

Consider the case of neighbours Oxford, next season will be the first for 30 years that they'll be playing in a higher Div than us, however when they got on a slide, it bottomed out somewhere about 18th in the Conference, when they were losing to the likes of Droylsden, Hayes & Yeading and Salisbury.  It took the appointment of Wilder to sort it out. 

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:34:41 »

True things won't stand still, but the worry is that all evidence points to a deterioration... at this point in time, it just isn't possible to gauge where that might end up taking us.

Consider the case of neighbours Oxford, next season will be the first for 30 years that they'll be playing in a higher Div than us, however when they got on a slide, it bottomed out somewhere about 18th in the Conference, when they were losing to the likes of Droylsden, Hayes & Yeading and Salisbury.  It took the appointment of Wilder to sort it out. 

Oxford were top 10 in all four of their modern Non-League seasons but apart from that I agree.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:39:03 »

I think both you and I know that Williams isn't seriously considering signing Feruz....
Then why play him
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:40:18 »

Oxford were top 10 in all four of their modern Non-League seasons but apart from that I agree.

When Wilder took over they were flirting with the relegation places to Conference South, he turned them around rapidly. One season they were fucked by getting docked points for playing an ineligible player Eddie Hutchinson, who incidentally they gave a three year deal to, as we wanted him. He was terrible.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:47:11 »

I can't believe i'm reading posts about Williams signing players,WAKE UP  has no say they get players in and he has  to work with the shit that's picked for him.
The big problem is he usually he spouts out crap like " I'm happy with the squad i got".I don't know of any real manager who wouldn't want to sign more players,
I'n a nutshell we haven't had a real manager for ages.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:49:50 »

Then why play him

Because he has to? See also, Mark Cooper with Harry Agombar.

It's a mess at the moment.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 11:02:12 »

As I was walking out of The Valley yesterday, a steward said to me "Never mind, mate.  Lots of easy wins for you next season in League Two". 

I took no pleasure in quickly putting him straight on the likelihood of that happening.   Bad Mood
woolster

« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 11:14:13 »

As I was walking out of The Valley yesterday, a steward said to me "Never mind, mate.  Lots of easy wins for you next season in League Two". 

I took no pleasure in quickly putting him straight on the likelihood of that happening.   Bad Mood
exactly, there are some people I know that are under the impression we are going to walk league 2 Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: