Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28658 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 13:42:58 »

Yeah, I know.
(Thread timing and the possibility of upsetting the gods of good fortune is probably not an issue on this occasion!)

Rather than use up valuable drinking time tomorrow morning, thought it might be better to post this shit at a time nearer to when the game should be kicking off.

12.00 o’clock on a Sunday is when most people are getting home from church, thinking about preparing Sunday lunch and then gathering the family around the piano for an afternoon sing song.

Will be glad to see the back of a truly dreadful season.
An uncertain looking seventh visit to the bottom tier looms on the horizon.

The Tim Sherwood “you fucking mug” award for services to lost causes, goes to all of the travelling army who bother to turn up tomorrow. Sadly the great man has declined the opportunity to say a few words and present the signed gilets.

The “spare some change please?” award for away player of the season, sponsored by all of the unfortunate beggars encountered everywhere since August, goes to the outstanding Vigouroux.
Lawrence gets to keep the replica empty white coffee cup trophy and is welcome to use it to store some shrapnel as a reminder of his time at the club.
Will probably be sold in the summer to whoever offers most cash up front, hopefully to be used to bolster a shrinking budget.

Away day highlights.
Fleetwood & Bolton plus the satisfaction of finally seeing a win at Oldham.

Hall of Shame.
First half at Scunthorpe, second half at Sheffield. Could add numerous other displays to that as well.
Just as well that we haven’t had more media exposure over the season, as the Tit ‘na Trance* could have become a new, if challenging, alternative dance craze.
*Ability to convey a sense of uncertainty while remaining stationary and waving the arms about.

Best pre-match drinking session.
Coventry.

Worst journey.
Anything involving a CrossCountry train.
Birmingham New Street station. Still not worked out how it works but I’m getting there.
Arriving in Cheltenham on the way back from some Northern outpost and realising that there is still another hour of the journey to go.

Home highlight.
Trudging down the steps of the DRS to join the exit scrum after yet another disappointment, and witnessing what may well have been Batch Jnr delivering a sly wanker sign in the direction of the departing players.
(Shocking behaviour, for which the parents (or one of them) should take some responsibility for).

For what it’s worth, think it will be a draw tomorrow with most of the entertainment coming from the stands.
Wouldn’t mind getting hold of a plastic flying pig as a souvenir for the mantelpiece.

If things don’t go well next season then could we see lumps of Emmentaler launched from the CG stands.
(Would have to be plastic though as the real stuff is pretty dense and could do some damage).

Hopefully Swiss Lee will come to the realisation that owning a football club is indeed like making love to a beautiful woman. By all means give her a squeeze now and again, but not too hard or too long.

A football free summer to look forward too, but with the best will in the world, Wimbledon, the British Grand Prix and The Open always end up as just markers in the countdown to a new season.

No doubt over 3,000 good reasons will be crying out for me to stay at home on away days from next August to April, only to be ignored as usual…….Fuck Yeah.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 13:48:22 »

There is no game.
There is no football.
There was no relegation.
Everything is fine.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 13:49:53 »

I take full responsibility. I spotted him, told him off and told him if he doesn't change his ways he'll end up like me. that Seemed to do the trick!

good write up, we'll excuse the timing Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 13:50:51 »

Quote from: Flashheart
There is no game.
There is no football.
There was no relegation.
Everything is fine.
going for ASD's job?
iamchris

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 14:41:45 »

I live in Charlton, and The Valley is at the end of my garden. If any fellow masochists want to join me, the Antigallican pub opens at 10am.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 07:30:20 »

Surprising number of town fans on the 08:26

Will be good to wish the class of 2016-17 a fond farewell. Angry

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 07:40:31 »

One of the better away days when you think of some of the dross we will have to go to next season.
We will probably win today, 3-1, giving Power all the more reason to keep our top level coaching duo of Williams and Embleton.

Nevertheless, come on you reds

I come from a land down-under
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 08:37:08 »

I'm really not sure why I am going to this. Hopefully we will see some promising youth teamers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 08:42:49 »

Quote from: molepar
I'm really not sure why I am going to this. Hopefully we will see some promising youth teamers
it's ok if you don't, we'll ignore them next season and bring in youth teamers from other clubs who are no better instead.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 08:45:51 »

Hopefully we will see some promising youth teamers

Isn't that what we have on loan from Chelsea at the moment?

I come from a land down-under
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 08:49:10 »

Apparently so
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 09:31:56 »

I hope we get hammered today, not being unpatronising but I don't want Power having an excuse to keep the present management team!  If we were to win I can see Williams on his knees in front of the chairman after the game exclaiming "one more season to piss everybody off please Mr Power, I have shown you I can do it"!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 10:07:38 »

Seeing that team, I think you may get your wish

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 10:09:27 »

if we are playing youth, why the fuck are loanee crap playing ahead of our own contacted players.

feruz.. fuck off. colkett not Goddard, fuck off.

just fuck off Williams
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 10:10:36 »

Islam Feruz. Cant even get in a development team.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: