Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29080 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 14:47:10 »

Well just got home.Conroy Brophy decent and Goddard when he came on. The rest (including Obika im afraid) were a total embarrassment.Now seen a worse footballer than Rodgers,namely Feruz.Side had a distinctly conference look about it,no exaggeration.Stayed til the end and was horrified to discover most our team wear bras
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 14:51:03 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 14:59:26 »

Don't say that some on here think this isn't the worst squad ever.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 15:09:11 »

I think it's a squad with some of the worst players we've ever had but with some good players who would have got into our better squads. If that makes sense?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 15:53:29 »

Out of that whole team today I would only keep Conroy & Norris.  Norris is definitely not league 1 standard but think he will do well next season.

Dabo & Colkett have something about them else Chelsea wouldn't have offered them contracts. Unfortunately they never really shined due to how dire our squad was and how tactically naive Williams is. Furuz I just don't get, too lightweight and to me either has lost interest in football in which case why the fuck is he playing? or he's a fooking good actor and has managed to pull the wool over chelseas eyes and successfully passed himself off as a footballer.

Can't really judge Starkey as he's not long signed but he looked completely out of his depth playing Ince's role today if they was what he was meant to be doing.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 15:55:16 by RJack » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 16:07:27 »

Thought Byrne was a cunt today with his pathetic simulation after a tussle with Dabo.showed a lack of respect to the club that made him a first team player.Then our fans applauded him when he went off.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 16:20:44 »

I think it's a squad with some of the worst players we've ever had but with some good players who would have got into our better squads. If that makes sense?

We know that one or two of our players have on occasions shown themselves to be good enough for Div 3 football, but have steadliy got worse as the season has gone on.

As a collective, these are probably not as a bad as 10/11, but that squad did have a few decent players, who for whatever reason just clocked off. There's nothing in this squad remotely near say a Ritchie or Caddis etc.  NSSJO has the unique distinction of having been in both.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 17:57:05 »

Or....Austin
       Morrison
       Flint
       Douglas
       Ferry
       Mcgovern
       Prutton
They may have not performed for us but i would swap these for what we had this season anyday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 18:04:22 »

Or....Austin
       Morrison
       Flint
       Douglas
       Ferry
       Mcgovern
       Prutton
They may have not performed for us but i would swap these for what we had this season anyday.

Austin and Morrison both left in the Jan window, Flint had only just signed form non league... Prutton was terrible.

This squad has got 44 points, and finished 3rd bottom. 10/11 got 41 points and finished bottom, that included a Plymuff side docked 10 points. Therefore collectively worse, despite having some useful individuals.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 18:14:04 »

Who in the current squad do you rate?
Were Austin and Morrison in the squad that season or not?
Do the January loans this season count as squad members?
Apart from the goalie can you see anyone from our current squad playing at championship level?
As much as we dislike the players 10/11 season they have proved their quality elsewhere,there was some reason in the background why they didn't perform for us but they were on paper a much better squad.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 18:31:01 »

Wilson's squad much better on paper, worse on the pitch. As Reg said they only got 41 points.

Iffy's side was probably just as bad as the current lot on paper but amassed more points than the other two but that side played to its limited strengths
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 19:10:02 »

I'd rather Anton fucking Rodgers than Prutton.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 19:15:59 »

Who in the current squad do you rate?
Were Austin and Morrison in the squad that season or not?
Do the January loans this season count as squad members?
Apart from the goalie can you see anyone from our current squad playing at championship level?
As much as we dislike the players 10/11 season they have proved their quality elsewhere,there was some reason in the background why they didn't perform for us but they were on paper a much better squad.

None.

As mentioned until January.

Yes.

No, and Vigs will only bench warm somewhere at best. Of the players who've left since Fitton/Black era, only Luongo has managed to get a reasonbly regular game at Championship level.

It was rumoured, a poisonous dressing room caused by cliques.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 19:22:09 »

difficult one. The Wilson relegation team had talent but turned into disinterested lazy shits.

this squad are unfit, largely crap and deploying dubious tactics.

a motivated Wilson team pisses over this one. as shown the year before relegation.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 19:51:54 »

I'm going full Reg if that happens

You won't be alone.......
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 20:01:52 »

along with Feruz on loan again..

Can you believe that Feruz is contracted to Chelsea for two more seasons!?!

Celtic and his agent really whipped up a storm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: