Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28645 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:14:23 »

How does anyone think we'll walk League 2, or be relegation fodder? None of us have a clue what the playing side of this club is going to look like in 8-12 weeks.

Well, at the moment I'm going to say we're relegation fodder based on the below facts.

1. Luke Williams is still our manager
2. Our team is garbage

Now, there is time for both of those facts to change naturally but if Williams is still in a job tomorrow the he'll still be in job in August.

Season is done now, should have been sacked today.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:16:42 »

Should have been sacked last night
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:17:34 »

This is a fair point, the two things we must do if we are to be competitive though are

1) Get a proper Manager, when that has man management & motivational skills
2) Recruit a damn site better than we have the last couple of years.

If we fail to do those then it is likely to be a struggle

Can't think anyone can disagree with that, other than the fluke factor of getting a few premier rejects that actually give a shit and have the ability to back it up. I suppose that's "better recruitment" in some eyes, blind luck I say. Better recruitment will be getting the squad together in the first week of pre-season.

Conroy falls into that category. Maybe Dabo. Not the greatest success rate.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:19:32 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:18:17 »

Should have been sacked last night

Should have gone straight after the relegation. Its not happening is it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:34:50 »

He should have gone last year....however, he didn't.

There was no point sacking him right after relegation, with one game left. Everything was said and done might as well let him finish the season.

He shouldn't have lasted 24 hours after the Charlton game. Should have either been given the boot right after the match or if Power wanted to let it settle a bit then today.

The fact he is still here indicates he will stay here.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:55:54 »

Can't think anyone can disagree with that, other than the fluke factor of getting a few premier rejects that actually give a shit and have the ability to back it up. I suppose that's "better recruitment" in some eyes, blind luck I say. Better recruitment will be getting the squad together in the first week of pre-season.

Conroy falls into that category. Maybe Dabo. Not the greatest success rate.

The squad in place is key.

We fucked about in the Summer (again) points went begging and then again in January (yet again) more points pissed away.

FFS learn...get the players lined up and in place.

Shrewsbury brought a raft of players in straight away in january., It saved them.

Need a different manager though...that's obvious.

I live in hope.

Clems Army!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 18:43:28 »

Were there any signs of optimism from the Charlton performance?
It was more of the same, so no.

Some ok effort and some ok individual performances. However, collectively not good enough.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 18:53:00 »

There's a piece in today's Telegraph (behind a paywall) with reference to Swindon. It can be found here for free

https://behindthepaywallblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/from-barry-chuckle-and-jay-z-to-swindon-town-the-news-is-thick-with-wishful-thinking/

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 19:59:02 »

There's a piece in today's Telegraph (behind a paywall) with reference to Swindon. It can be found here for free

https://behindthepaywallblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/from-barry-chuckle-and-jay-z-to-swindon-town-the-news-is-thick-with-wishful-thinking/

Good little article that. Also highlights the seriousness associated with "fake news" too. Media has changed massively in a short period of time and many outlets either refuse to catch up or don't know how to. In fact in the modern day and all the "social media", we (the average man on the street) are the media more than ever before.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 11:47:08 »

Will we be the only team next season wanting our manager sacked on day 1 of the new season

If Williams does stay in place (it is odd it is taking time to sack him) then I really hate to think what the attendances will be like, as even if we sign a few decent looking players fans will not have the confidence in Williams to get them playing correctly.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 11:57:44 »

If we sign the correct players, and have a good pre-season who knows...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 12:29:36 »

I can't see either of those things happening Sippo. I imagine our business won't be done until the end of August, when we'll probably see a few kids in on loan from Chelsea (or any other Prem team) who will be technically good, but the opposite of what we'll need after (probably) a shaky start to League Two.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 12:48:09 »

Power has realised his mistakes, so hopefully he will have something in the pipeline..

Like I have said previously, the January signings were pretty good apart for Feruz.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:13:48 »

The attention the match report on the club website has received continues to confound me. Its not fake news, it didn't say we stayed up. The only people who head to the club website to read the match report know full well what transpired at the end of the game. I've sometimes read opposition club matchday reports but only to see the game through a completely opposite and 100% bias view point, each club is as bad as each other in this regard. If you want more neutral reporting then read a report from a source you trust. It was at best an oversight and at worst misguided spin to exclude the repercussion of the loss but it was not fake news. Comparing it to an entirely fake picture is complete nonsense.

Flashheart

« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:18:40 »

It is a massive over-reaction to what was probably nothing more than an honest oversight. Do people really think they deliberately excluded it in the hope that nobody would notice? Actually, I bet some people think exactly that.

Still, it's another stick and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: