Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Most frustrating tactic/ non tactic this season?  (Read 3291 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:53:50 »

What it says in the title.

For me, one of the most frustrating non tactics has been the way we generally stood around or just ambled out after Vigs thwarted an opposition attack. There he is, on the edge of our area, ball in hand, looking for an out (or at least he started to towards the end). What is he faced with? Our defence and midfield taking a sunday stroll in the general direction of the half way line whilst the opposition make haste to get their defence back in position.

Move FFS!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:56:17 »

I think most people just want to forget about this season tbh

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:57:33 »

We had tactics?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:02:48 »

What it says in the title.

For me, one of the most frustrating non tactics has been the way we generally stood around or just ambled out after Vigs thwarted an opposition attack. There he is, on the edge of our area, ball in hand, looking for an out (or at least he started to towards the end). What is he faced with? Our defence and midfield taking a sunday stroll in the general direction of the half way line whilst the opposition make haste to get their defence back in position.

Move FFS!

I thought this exact thing on Saturday.

The lack of movement and urgency with this current team, as well as any tempo at all is really irritating.

Scunny took 4 or 5 incisive passes on Saturday to get into our box, we took about 20 and then would still fuck it up by giving the ball away!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:04:58 »

The accommodating of players after injury or suspension no matter what .

Stupid substitutions, even on Saturday we were 1-0 bury were winning so we were relegated and he still replaced a left back for another left back
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:09:22 »

Players not being able to take throw ins properly, no one wanting the ball from one either. In fact , set pieces in general. Pathetic.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:10:53 »

giving as much space as required to the opposition in the final third.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:56:07 »

A lot of this could have been down to the lack of fitness, if your knackered, your not going to be running, but walking. Lack of concentration because they are getting tired because they was'nt fit could also be the reason why we did give so much space to the opposition in the final third.

A group of shit players that are fit and organised would have trounced this seasons turgid pile of turd.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 14:00:22 »

Not defending well enough
Not winning battles in midfield
Not scoring enough goals
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 14:21:17 »

Total lack of urgency/pace, allowing teams to set 10 men behind the ball whilst we are pissing about with the damend thing!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 14:26:29 »

I can't comment as I never attended this season, were we pretty much like the play off game against Preston?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 17:36:47 »

Players not being able to take throw ins properly, no one wanting the ball from one either. In fact , set pieces in general. Pathetic.

This really annoys me too.

But it's not just from throw ins, we get fed up with the aimless passing across the back but half the time it's because there's little or no movement in front of them.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 20:14:25 »

Making virtually everyone we played look fitter and more organised than us.

Cup ineptitude foretelling the inability to win 'must-win' matches.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 21:05:41 »

Total lack of urgency/pace, allowing teams to set 10 men behind the ball whilst we are pissing about with the damend thing!

This for me. Don't think we have been quite so suicidal in defense, but jesus christ we still deploy "why make one pass when ten will do". Its ineffective and fucking dull. Add into that passing backwards from a free kick, usually going back to Vigs.

After the Chesterfield game Ince was asked about urgency. Said something about if we gave the ball away they could lob it over the top. Suppose it never occurred to supercoach that if it works for the opposition, it could work for us.
REDBUCK

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 21:34:40 »

This has been an issue for at least 5 years not just this seadon.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: