Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holiday Season  (Read 64114 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 23:58:14 »

Time for a little break, thinking of doing a last minute trip down to Pensacola in Florida next weekend.  Feels like a while since we got away, but then I remember we had two trips abroad last year - both to Swindon!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 09:36:32 »

Off to Doha next Wednesday (had some free reward flights to use) for a long weekend.

I read somewhere that when you are out they frown on people wearing shorts, its going to be mid twenties so ideally I'll be in shorts and t shirt etc but if anyone has been and can advise if jeans would be more suitable?

It'll be interesting to not have a beer with lunch etc (although we can at the hotel of course) but there are some places in Turkey that are like that so not the end of the world!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 12:34:54 »

Off to Doha next Wednesday (had some free reward flights to use) for a long weekend.

I read somewhere that when you are out they frown on people wearing shorts, its going to be mid twenties so ideally I'll be in shorts and t shirt etc but if anyone has been and can advise if jeans would be more suitable?

It'll be interesting to not have a beer with lunch etc (although we can at the hotel of course) but there are some places in Turkey that are like that so not the end of the world!

Jeans and a long sleeve jumper Bobster.

https://www.onlineqatar.com/living/dress-code-doha-qatar.aspx
« Last Edit: Friday, February 15, 2019, 12:38:42 by 4D » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 14:32:45 »

Cheers Mr D. Smiley

I had better pack some more clothes!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Panda Paws

« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 15:52:33 »

Looking for somewhere long-haul for November for some winter sun. Mrs wants Asia, but not the best time of year for a lot of it.

Currently thinking Singapore>Phu Quoc>Ho Chi Minh - anyone been to any of them, or got any other recommendations, particularly south Vietnam?
Flashheart

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 15:54:32 »

Nha Trang is nice.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 16:01:54 »

I've done Thailand and India over that neck of the woods. Both come highly recommended. Great food and friendly people, loads to see and do and you can do it as cheap or as expensive as you like.

My wife loved Malaysia when she went there (before we met).

If you can, try and fly with Qatar airways, absolutely superb service (although we went business class so that probably had something to do with it!)

Panda Paws

« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 16:02:28 »

Nha Trang is nice.

Apparently so, but weather in November is questionable?
Flashheart

« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 16:08:14 »

Apparently so, but weather in November is questionable?

Not sure to be honest. I don't remember which time of year I went.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 18:56:25 »

Bob’s orange is a flash cunt...pass it on...always banging on about where he has been/going
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 19:55:42 »

Bob’s orange is a flash cunt...pass it on...always banging on about where he has been/going

Wouldn’t say flash. Just enjoy travel, plus the holiday season thread seems apt for travel related posts.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 20:14:43 »

Wouldn’t say flash. Just enjoy travel, plus the holiday season thread seems apt for travel related posts.

I've a mate who's a country collector.... it is a thing. Although I suspect you'e not.

https://slate.com/technology/2011/09/country-collectors-how-did-wanderlust-become-a-competitive-sport.html

I'm less ambitious being a county collector... that is the historic and ceremonial counties of GB and Ireland.  Not quite there yet...
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 00:25:46 »

Currently performing the long ass drive to Scotland,  walking the Great Glen way.
Driving overnight to avoid the BH traffic
 Suicide
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 15:04:50 »

Driving down to Orlando next week for 67 days of childish fun.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 19:17:51 »

Driving down to Orlando next week for 67 days of childish fun.
That sounds so wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: