Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holiday Season  (Read 64138 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 23:19:16 »

Booked a week in Porto next month. Anyone been - changed my mind from Lisbon.

Porto Talboto?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 23:40:13 »

Backpacking around South East Asia with my mate McMenemy  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 07:00:33 »

Made it to our apartment in Turkey flying with Turkish Airlines.2 flights -London to Istanbul, Istanbul - Izmir were pretty uncomfortable with my leg in a cast but what a god send to be able to use the special assistance staff wheeling me about in a wheelchair through ‘secret’ passport controls and security checks away from the normal people. Can’t fault those staff for efficiency at both Heathrow and Istanbul/Izmir.

We’re flying EasyJet on the way home direct which I’m a little reticent about.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:36:42 »

Made it to our apartment in Turkey flying with Turkish Airlines.2 flights -London to Istanbul, Istanbul - Izmir were pretty uncomfortable with my leg in a cast but what a god send to be able to use the special assistance staff wheeling me about in a wheelchair through ‘secret’ passport controls and security checks away from the normal people. Can’t fault those staff for efficiency at both Heathrow and Istanbul/Izmir.

We’re flying EasyJet on the way home direct which I’m a little reticent about.

Was there no direct flights to Bodrum BJV? or was it just cheaper to go two journeys?

Anyway I'm sure the beverages are flowing nicely. Where in Turkey are you. I stayed between Bodrum and Izmir

'Incessant Nonsense'

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:43:36 »

Booked a cottage in broadchurch for the week end of May. Taking the mother in-law so could make the next series 😉
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:47:09 »

Was there no direct flights to Bodrum BJV? or was it just cheaper to go two journeys?

Anyway I'm sure the beverages are flowing nicely. Where in Turkey are you. I stayed between Bodrum and Izmir

The holiday season starts this Saturday so the choice of flights weren’t that available. Generally the Turkish Airlines flight through Istanbul is not too expensive but the overall journey takes ages. Return is direct from izmir.

We are coming back the end of May direct to Bodrum. The good news is that more people are coming out to Turkey after a pretty barren couple of years. Not sure how long that will last with that rocket Erdogan in charge!

We are in Kusadasi, an hour from Izmir and about an hour and a half from Bodrum. I’ve already reserved a seat in our ‘local’ for the football on Friday. Last time I was there we beat FGR away on the big screen. The people who were watching were questioning if it was always that bad! I said no, sometimes it’s worse!

Can’t beat an Efes or two in a frozen glass by the sea! I love it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:48:28 »

Booked a cottage in broadchurch for the week end of May. Taking the mother in-law so could make the next series 😉

Haha! Will keep an eye out for that on ITV. Won’t be much of a suspense now you’ve given the ending away!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #157 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:07:36 »

It is filmed about 16 miles from us, my car was in one of the episodes as I was driving through Bridport, we saw them filming but thought nothing more of it until we saw our car.

The wife did spot David Tennant and had a moist moment!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:27:18 »

The holiday season starts this Saturday so the choice of flights weren’t that available. Generally the Turkish Airlines flight through Istanbul is not too expensive but the overall journey takes ages. Return is direct from izmir.

We are coming back the end of May direct to Bodrum. The good news is that more people are coming out to Turkey after a pretty barren couple of years. Not sure how long that will last with that rocket Erdogan in charge!

We are in Kusadasi, an hour from Izmir and about an hour and a half from Bodrum. I’ve already reserved a seat in our ‘local’ for the football on Friday. Last time I was there we beat FGR away on the big screen. The people who were watching were questioning if it was always that bad! I said no, sometimes it’s worse!

Can’t beat an Efes or two in a frozen glass by the sea! I love it.

Absolutely. A nice temperature hike of 20C too I'd imagine. I was last out there in October 2016 but missed last year. Was at Didim but have been to Gulluk previously. It was about 40C when we arrived at 11pm and sticky. Love going to local restaurants that basically turn into a Football Fanzone for a few hours.  Enjoy your Efes BO  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 10:15:30 »

Pretty sure I asked this on a thread previously but i'm taking the wife to Valencia tomorrow for her birthday. Luckily Spain won the group and are playing Sunday afternoon rather than Saturday night when we are out for dinner!

Unfortunately my walking is still not great after my achilles surgery so I can't walk around as much as I would like but for those that have been to Valencia and local hints and tips, mainly food and drink wise I guess. Is there likely to be a big screen/square setup for the football?

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:32:09 »

Pretty sure I asked this on a thread previously but i'm taking the wife to Valencia tomorrow for her birthday. Luckily Spain won the group and are playing Sunday afternoon rather than Saturday night when we are out for dinner!

Unfortunately my walking is still not great after my achilles surgery so I can't walk around as much as I would like but for those that have been to Valencia and local hints and tips, mainly food and drink wise I guess. Is there likely to be a big screen/square setup for the football?

Have a great trip!  You've probably already seen this: https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/blog-turismo-valencia/where-watch-2018-world-cup-valencia
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:36:47 »

I hadn't actually, that's great appreciate that PF. Smiley

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, December 1, 2018, 09:24:08 »

Going to Chicago for work tomorrow for 4 nights, any bars/restaurants recommendations from the great minds on the TEF? I saw the Chicago Blackhawks are playing Ice Hockey tomorrow night which I could potentially go to, they have unallocated standing tickets for 30 dollars, what on earth can that be? Like leaning against the glass at the back of the arena or something?

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, December 1, 2018, 14:46:15 »

I remember there being a good deep dish pizza place at the front of the pier. We went out on one of the cruises on Lake Michigan
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, December 1, 2018, 14:58:02 »

Going to Chicago for work tomorrow for 4 nights, any bars/restaurants recommendations from the great minds on the TEF? I saw the Chicago Blackhawks are playing Ice Hockey tomorrow night which I could potentially go to, they have unallocated standing tickets for 30 dollars, what on earth can that be? Like leaning against the glass at the back of the arena or something?

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/photos/290826260/1024x576/cut.jpg

I had to look. This is Golden Knights but it's basically a concourse at the back of seating. Probably pretty enjoyable if not close to the action. Can't help you on "drinkeries/eateries". I've not been although one of my sisters has (she went to a White Sox game) but never discussed food which we usually do. Apologies BO Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: