Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holiday Season  (Read 64152 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 19:39:21 »

Going to the states in October, can't decide whether to go to Florida or Vegas

Do both!
Have you been to either before? And what sort of holiday are you looking for/length?

Just back from a drive down to Orlando for a few days, and we had our family over a month ago to see us and checkout Nashville, Memphis and Biloxi.  Been fun being able to see loads of new places.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 19:51:25 »

Do both!
Have you been to either before? And what sort of holiday are you looking for/length?

Just back from a drive down to Orlando for a few days, and we had our family over a month ago to see us and checkout Nashville, Memphis and Biloxi.  Been fun being able to see loads of new places.

It's just me and the Boy (albeit that he's 21 now).

Have been to Florida several times in the past before his Mum passed away, but not for 5 years or so.

Have never been to Vegas, we were going to go a few years back when we went to California, but ended up going to San Diego (to watch a Cowboys game) instead. I quite fancy a day trip to the Grand Canyon, but also quite fancy a day out in the everglades.

We're planning to go for 7-10 days so not really sure I fancy trying to fit both in.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 21:03:09 »

Probably a bit long for Vegas, so if you go there I'd definitely suggest adding another location into the mix on the West coast.  I combined it with a few days in Napa a few years back, very contrasting locations!

For Orlando you could always slot the Everglades in with a night or two in Miami, even fly back from there.  If you do end up in. Disney park, I can highly recommend the new Avatar ride, was not expecting it to be as good.  Universal have just opened their new water park as well and Disney Springs has loads of new bars and restaurants.  Throw in an evening in Epcot for the food and wine festival while you are at it!  Done that twice and have no memory of leaving yet.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, July 29, 2017, 17:07:58 »

You could combine Vegas with a trip to the canyon and a few days in San Francisco? Plenty to see and do there
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, July 30, 2017, 15:04:24 »

@ RobertT private message for you. No not more shed advice 😉
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 08:55:10 »

The Amalfi coast part of Italy has to be one of the finest places in Europe. Breathtaking scenery, cracking weather and great food.

Not overly looking forward to climbing over 100 steps in a suit for the wedding today but you can't have everything in life!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 11:12:01 »

The Amalfi coast part of Italy has to be one of the finest places in Europe. Breathtaking scenery, cracking weather and great food.

Not overly looking forward to climbing over 100 steps in a suit for the wedding today but you can't have everything in life!

Be careful of people making an offer you can't refuse in that part of the world.

Would love to visit Naples, more so after the recent Ross Kemp Extreme World episode!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 11:34:57 »

Be careful of people making an offer you can't refuse in that part of the world.

Would love to visit Naples, more so after the recent Ross Kemp Extreme World episode!

Hasn't happened yet Smiley

I like the Ross Kemp programmes. Presumably that was meeting the commorra? (Possible sp)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 11:51:58 »

Hasn't happened yet Smiley

I like the Ross Kemp programmes. Presumably that was meeting the commorra? (Possible sp)

Yes, a real eye opener.
Tied in with watching Gomorrah on Sky as well.

The food must be great over there. Enjoy.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 13:30:06 »

Booked a week All inc. for the family to Majorca. About 30 min from Palma in the opposite direction of shagaluf.
Didn't have a massive budget but im happy with what i managed to get. Few dodgy Trip Advisor reviews but on the whole it looks decent enough.
Going on the 1st of Sept so with any luck it will be a little bit quieter as kids start going back to school
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 15:31:28 »

We got back early Tuesday morning. Highly recommend playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Go off the tourist track by one road, and the prices drop dramatically. We are talking 49p for a pint can of estrella. To put this in perspective, a 500ml bottle of water costs 45p.

Tropical Island was spot on as a resort. Food was edible, kids loved all the pools. Beer on site was Amstel but was 'tampered' with like all AI resorts. Cou,d only drink so much of it so bought a lot off site.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 08:42:02 »

Now the kids have gone back to school time for me and the wife to go on our jollies.

Off to Turkey for 2 weeks of sun relaxation and watching Town lose on TV (I have seen us lose 3 times in Turkey without scoring any goals).

Then back for a couple of days before we are off to Florida for my sister's wedding. Hopefully the hurricanes will have made their exit by then! (the weather ones, not the 90s TV cartoon football team, they are welcome and here to stay)

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 12:24:06 »

Florida is currently emigrating to me.

It will be back up and running within a few weeks, they know how to recover post Hurricane.  Was there in 2004 when a Category 3 came directly through where we were staying, two days later, bar the missing trees it was as if it had never happened.  This one is a bit stronger but they build houses and stuff here in weeks.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 06:34:23 »

Heading to Tallahassee in Florida today/tomorrow. Owt to do there, worth visiting?

We are staying close to FSU so imagine the bars etc will be fairly lively!

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 08:03:36 »

I went to Northumberland last week and had an amazing time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: