Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Scunthorpe  (Read 36561 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 00:37:28 »

To be fair to him and Sherwood, the January transfers weren't too bad. Yes it would have been better to get them in July, but obviously that was not possible.

Our record since the end of January reads P16 W4 D3 L9 - so hardly made the world of difference?

Just for comparison our 16 games before the window slammed shut reads as P16 W4 D3 L9 ironically
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 00:38:43 »

So, the January signings made our team as equally shit as it was before. Not what I'd call a successful window
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 07:43:30 »

seriously? the January excuse? he had from November to work on something proper and ended up signing a load of kid punts at the last minute. again.

fuck me, think i need a TEF holiday, think I'll come back when Williams is sacked or in a week or so..

Agree with all that apart from he had from November. The writing was on the wall well before November, did he come back out from his suite for the second half or did he know what was coming? I left early because i couldn't watch anymore, gutted to be going down but fucking furious at the nature of it. Saying that I'm still going to Chastill!!
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #213 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 07:48:33 »

When we are top of Div4, let's see what people's thoughts are then...

All this will be forgotten.
Course it will. I will guarantee though if we are it will be because he changes his philosophy,changes manager etc so in effect doing what people have cried out for all season.
Flashheart

« Reply #214 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 07:53:30 »

So, the January signings made our team as equally shit as it was before. Not what I'd call a successful window

It's almost as though one of the variables remained exactly the same throughout the season...
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:05:32 »

For me it isn't the relegation that bothers me as much as the state of the club and the fact that we are spiralling downward.

Things won't change, Power has just had his temporary Xmas Calendar shop moved to a different street
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:16:58 »

Sherwood - Moron who all but took over managing the team for a couple of months, was crap and backed away very quietly and left Williams holding the reins again. Regarding his comments about SBC. Its certainly not their fault for relegation this season but they have to share an element of responsibility for the lack of progress the club has made off the pitch. The assertion that the ground is much as was when Kamara played there is fair lets be honest. Unfortunately though Power doesn't seem interested in improving the ground, though the training area will be good if/when that ever happens.

Williams - I blame the bloke very little. He is a good coach, too many people/players have said that as well for me to doubt it. Fans wanting a new manager at the club forget that who ever it is that replaces him will be a coach, they will not be in charge of recruitment. He was given shit players and did the best he could. Would someone else have kept this team up? I doubt it. When he is involved in recruitment he knows what he is doing, Ince for example was down to Williams. I think Power will sack him, partly to appease the fan base (most of who are idiots anyway) and partly for business reasons to try and re-energise it all ahead of next season. Unless the structure changes though i doubt we will get a better coach in to replace him.

Power - Listened to his post match interview and i understand his decision making process. He's right most of the blame is his for recruitment. He must learn from this and set the club up to get promoted next season. Continuing to run the club so it doesn't lose money is the correct and responsible way to run the club. Anyone who thinks he has made money from the club so far needs their head examined! If he learns from what has gone wrong then fingers crossed for a prosperous future.

People wanting Power out - Who the hell is going to take over, there is no alternative i can see.

Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #217 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:30:26 »

Sherwood - Moron who all but took over managing the team for a couple of months, was crap and backed away very quietly and left Williams holding the reins again. Regarding his comments about SBC. Its certainly not their fault for relegation this season but they have to share an element of responsibility for the lack of progress the club has made off the pitch. The assertion that the ground is much as was when Kamara played there is fair lets be honest. Unfortunately though Power doesn't seem interested in improving the ground, though the training area will be good if/when that ever happens.

Williams - I blame the bloke very little. He is a good coach, too many people/players have said that as well for me to doubt it. Fans wanting a new manager at the club forget that who ever it is that replaces him will be a coach, they will not be in charge of recruitment. He was given shit players and did the best he could. Would someone else have kept this team up? I doubt it. When he is involved in recruitment he knows what he is doing, Ince for example was down to Williams. I think Power will sack him, partly to appease the fan base (most of who are idiots anyway) and partly for business reasons to try and re-energise it all ahead of next season. Unless the structure changes though i doubt we will get a better coach in to replace him.

Power - Listened to his post match interview and i understand his decision making process. He's right most of the blame is his for recruitment. He must learn from this and set the club up to get promoted next season. Continuing to run the club so it doesn't lose money is the correct and responsible way to run the club. Anyone who thinks he has made money from the club so far needs their head examined! If he learns from what has gone wrong then fingers crossed for a prosperous future.

People wanting Power out - Who the hell is going to take over, there is no alternative i can see.

Hate this argument. There are never alternatives until it becomes apparent the club is up for sale.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:40:21 »

You know what pissed me off more on Saturday? Scunthorpe's persistent fucking diving!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 09:15:04 »

Hate this argument. There are never alternatives until it becomes apparent the club is up for sale.

Then you might get Jed or BEST holdings... or, if we're really lucky, another Fitton type. Clearly, the ideal situation would be to have a buyer waiting in the wings who would clearly be an improvement. Years ago that might have been the Trust/Bill Power but they're not really set up to run the club at the moment.

Any new owner might be better, might be worse (yes, that very much is possible). They might not exist at all and then we'd really be in trouble. You can see why people might be a bit risk averse at least?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 09:40:32 »

And on the flip side, the club might not be put up for sale until the owner is aware that a party is interested.

It's not an aguement, it's reality.  You can shout for Power to leave as much as you like, but:
1.) He's not going to just walk away and write off the money
2.) He's not going to openly come out and say the club is up for sale, that reduces the amount he is likely to get for it
3.) Unless there is an identified buyer, we are better off with Power, otherwise we could just cease to exist.  I know we are all pissed off with things but surely it's not worth gambling the clubs future existence on whether there is somebody out there that will step in and take it on.

I would prefer him gone as much as the next guy, but I only want him gone when we have a suitable replacement, not another Jed and not the liquidation route..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 10:23:19 »

Power has said he's not going anywhere.

All we can hope is that he has learned something from this season.  From what he has said, he does appear to accept that he shoulders much of the blame, now I suppose that should mean Luke is of the hook, but that would be a very brave decision.

What should happen, is that we have to take a fresh approach, with a new head coach, preferably someone with a bit of knowhow.  Even a return to the earlier model, where we had Darren Ward as a sort of organiser on the pitch to help the kids, would be acceptable, I'd prefer the old head to be a midfield man myself.

Chrystovski

« Reply #222 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 10:40:09 »

When Cooper was here, LW was given all of the credit for our style of play and results. Is it now safe to say Cooper was better than most thought?

Either way LW is clearly out of his depth and I feel a different manager like a Martin Ling type would of got more out of this inadequate squad. Whether that would of been enough to avoid relegation, who knows?

The appointment of Tactics Tim I thought appeared to be a good idea at the time although I did have some reservations, has turned us into a National media laughing stock. It reminds me of a Laurel & Hardy sketch, it beggars belief. LP & TS just spout so much shit it's difficult to keep up with. Neither has any credibility left with me and the quicker they are out of the club the better. If I was offered a double relegation to the Conference to gain a credible trust worthy owner I'd take it in an instance.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #223 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 10:50:25 »

When Cooper was here, LW was given all of the credit for our style of play and results. Is it now safe to say Cooper was better than most thought?

Either way LW is clearly out of his depth and I feel a different manager like a Martin Ling type would of got more out of this inadequate squad. Whether that would of been enough to avoid relegation, who knows?

The appointment of Tactics Tim I thought appeared to be a good idea at the time although I did have some reservations, has turned us into a National media laughing stock. It reminds me of a Laurel & Hardy sketch, it beggars belief. LP & TS just spout so much shit it's difficult to keep up with. Neither has any credibility left with me and the quicker they are out of the club the better. If I was offered a double relegation to the Conference to gain a credible trust worthy owner I'd take it in an instance.
Nah think it's simpler than that.

Cooper had better players
Williams is a good coach
The players this year are worse
Chrystovski

« Reply #224 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 10:52:42 »

Nah think it's simpler than that.

Cooper had better players
Williams is a good coach
The players this year are worse

Cannot argue with that. I do feel for LW, the team he's had to work with have clearly been below par.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: