Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Scunthorpe  (Read 36263 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:04:38 »

It's interesting that the fella who won the league.. Wilder served his apprenticeship for many years in the non league at first Alfreton and then Halifax, when at Halifax he got them in them Conference PO's but then they went bust. 

So a job at Bury assisting before Lenagan the Oxford owner realised he was just the sort of thing they needed to get out of the Conference. 

He was driven from his job at Oxford by the fans who hated his dull Yorkshire persona, and largely negative tactics. He did however manage to get them up to the FL through the Conference PO's but no further.

He then won the league at Cobblers and Sheff U.

Our requirement, right now, is someone with a working knowledge of Conference/Div 4 football, with a bit of ambition who might see STFC as a step up. Power could do worse, than conduct a proper job thing and advertise, see who's interested and pick the best fit by interview

He could even get a fan on the interview panel....

Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:23:55 »

The Lincoln management team or Dave Challinor at AF C Fylde would fit the bill Challinor has steadily moved each team up the non league ladder plus we would have some long throw experts1
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:02:47 »

I've said it several times before and, gosh darn it, I'll say it again that these three coaches have zero experience as footballers in the Football League and that lack of experience has seemingly proved costly, amongst various other things of course.
On which basis, that explains the disastrous coaching and management careers of both Jose Mourinho and Andre Villas-Boas Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:12:54 »

On which basis, that explains the disastrous coaching and management careers of both Jose Mourinho and Andre Villas-Boas Smiley

Entire coaching staff, Paul, entire coaching staff.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:14:54 by Costanza » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:14:31 »

Entire coaching staff, Paul. Entire coaching staff.
Ah, fair enough, didn't realise that was the point you were making.
Chrystovski

« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:23:45 »

Yep.  I said something similar to the people who sit near me before a recent game.  Actually, I asked them if they could tell me which first team players they thought were showing any improvement since the start of the season.  They couldn't think of any. Nor can I.

I'd say our senior players have all gone backwards in recent seasons namely Thompson, Kasim & Obika.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 14:27:21 »

The Lincoln management team or Dave Challinor at AF C Fylde would fit the bill Challinor has steadily moved each team up the non league ladder plus we would have some long throw experts1

In an ideal world the sort of gaffer we should be looking at is Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe.... saved their bacon from returning to non league on the final day of the season, a couple back and them got them into PO's next year. So decent experience of Div 4. Wycombe are financially in trouble.

So even in the current desperate circumstances, we could be considered an upgrade, just about.

Every Town boss, since Macari who's managed us in Div 4, has gone on to higher clubs. Macari, himself WHU. Wise/Poyet, Leeds. Sturrock, then Championship Plymuff. PdC, Sunderland.

So far, so good, however it couldn't happen. GA has 3 years left of contract, and he gets to manage at WW.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 08:22:04 »

More ridicule in the press, albeit a small paragraph near the bottom of the page.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3413152/marcus-rashford-can-be-the-biggy-in-the-middle-for-man-united-in-the-hunt-for-a-new-central-striker/

"Truth hurts for Swindon

SWINDON banned all outside media from pre-match press conferences two years ago in an attempt to ensure fans could read only sanitised club-approved ‘news’.

And after they were relegated to League Two on Saturday, it took the club’s in-house media team 48 hours to acknowledge that they had, indeed, gone down. It won’t be long until one of these small-time despots running a club tries to sue a     paper for publishing a defamatory league table."

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 10:18:02 »

I was told Power, hired people on Saturday to eject anyone who voiced anything negative about him-williams. Any truth to this, anyone see anything?
Panda Paws

« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 10:35:34 »

Sounds like bullshit.

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 10:39:13 »

The fella who told me isn't a town fan but named somebody allegedly hired(i don't know the individual and have forgotten the name)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 10:40:34 »

There were a couple of people booted out of the directors box. They were sponsors but ended up in the DRS. At the back towards the Town End.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 11:06:43 »

There's been a big meaty security guard who's been near power in the directors box for the last 5 or so games of the season

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 11:10:29 »

There was a fracas in the Arkells before half time.
One report said  those ejected were physically trying to get at the management.
Another said that they were merely voicing disapproval.
Anyone know which is true?

Also, I've personally seen negative banners taken down PDQ - H&S or censorship?

Have to say I don't think censorship works and so unlikely to have been implemented. You can't stop a few thousand making their voices heard. Didn't even edit "Power Out" out the highlights Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 11:12:47 »

It looked like a lot of aggressive pointing to me. Wouldn't say they were trying to get at Williams physically

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: