Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Serious Concerns...  (Read 13504 times)
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:53:12 »

GL5 Red, is that you Christian K?

Sad to say, i must be on my way
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:09:36 »

Was it? Be interesting to see where all those that shot me down for daring to question the saviour. Dare to question the quality such as Barry, BOO, Branco etc etc.  I'll be there sat but won't be clapping at the end that's for sure.
Probably won't be anything to do clap for.   Burys result last night surely means if we don't win Saturday we are down, still I suppose looking at the bright side (if there is one) it will save us the early Sunday morning drag around the M25 to Charlton.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:15:15 »

Crewe look to develop players and sell them on.... they've accumulated £32 mill in recent years, much of which has gone back into their Cat 2 academy which costs £700K a year to run.  Further sums have gone into the upkeep and maintainance of Gresty Road, so they run sustainably.

Reg - what are you defining as recent years? I only ask as at £700k a year that £32m would have run the Academy for 45 years and I cannot see where they are spending money on Gresty Road as its essentially a 1990's ground in decent nick.

Not sure who owns the club (or ground in fact) but did note that Gradi was one of the best paid lower league managers as he got a cut of the money earned from selling players on (just imagine how popular that would be here?)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:17:30 »

And once again its another Gareth Cheeseman thread, discussing our relegation with glee and warming up the I told you so's....

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:35:30 »

Probably won't be anything to do clap for.   Burys result last night surely means if we don't win Saturday we are down, still I suppose looking at the bright side (if there is one) it will save us the early Sunday morning drag around the M25 to Charlton.
Not exactly, we could still in theory win just one of our last 2 games and if Bury and Port Vale both lose their remaining games we could still stay up, even if we lose on Saturday it could still go down to the last game if they both lose too.

Although I have no confidence in us going to the Valley and getting a result.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:37:12 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:47:17 »

Not exactly, we could still in theory win just one of our last 2 games and if Bury and Port Vale both lose their remaining games we could still stay up, even if we lose on Saturday it could still go down to the last game if they both lose too.

Although I have no confidence in us going to the Valley and getting a result.

I think more chance of getting the win at the Valley than beating Scunny but I do feel it will be too little to late
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:50:57 »

I'm hoping that if its coming, it comes on Saturday. Then I don't have to spend £££ to watch us fuck up at the valley, and thus karma restoring order after the deliriously happy time after the PO semi.

I say 'have to', might just stay in bed until 5 and turn on Final Score.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:56:05 »

I hope we can get a win Saturday as I am not able to go to Charlton and can't even listen to it as I am driving to Manchester during the game.

Actually it might be best to not even think about it until its over.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:58:11 »

I wish people would stop quoting Reg, it defeats the purpose of me having him blocked.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:59:36 »

More concerning that it took so long for the penny to finally drop. I would obviously rather we were not in this position because I go week in week out and have supported the club for years, but it was fairly obvious to most what Power would do, well most apart from the vast majority with input on here.
I don't think it was waiting for the penny to drop, but to think positive and give Power the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, Power has sorted the finances out in the background (allegedly) and yes Power said the right noises in Oct/Nov, but he failed to get the old heads to steady the ship. That said Ajosey and Ince were great acquisitions, so give him credit for that.

For Powers model to work, he needs to invest in better loanees or buy better (a few old head)

Sent from my SM-G935F
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 13:14:17 »

I don't think it was waiting for the penny to drop, but to think positive and give Power the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, Power has sorted the finances out in the background (allegedly) and yes Power said the right noises in Oct/Nov, but he failed to get the old heads to steady the ship. That said Ajosey and Ince were great acquisitions, so give him credit for that.

For Powers model to work, he needs to invest in better loanees or buy better (a few old head)

Sent from my SM-G935F
So power has to do something that has been fucking obvious for the last 2 years. And next season do it fucking g early instead of saying do it early. I really do fear for the club if he leaves it late again and we're playing catch up in October signing the same type of player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 13:16:41 »

I think its fair to say most of us have concerns over "the model" to say the least.
I think if we continue down the road we are on its a matter of time before it bites us even harder than now.
A lot don't subscribe to this, thinking we will at least be stable in division 4.

I doubt anybody is happy with any of that.
---
The issue would be more clearcut if it was proven Power was lying about stabalising the club financially, or at least converting investment into unfair and overpriced loans.

But there is nothing to support this. No evidence whatsoever that's convinced me yet.

Personally not that happy about a club that has (IMO) no chance of promotion, a chairman who is a bit of a twat with a massive communication issue and sunday league management structure.

But you aren't going to get a united fanbase until something more substantial threatens it.

So what exactly do you want and expect of the fanbase GL5?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 14:42:13 »

Reg - what are you defining as recent years? I only ask as at £700k a year that £32m would have run the Academy for 45 years and I cannot see where they are spending money on Gresty Road as its essentially a 1990's ground in decent nick.

Not sure who owns the club (or ground in fact) but did note that Gradi was one of the best paid lower league managers as he got a cut of the money earned from selling players on (just imagine how popular that would be here?)

I guess the the last 25, is my definition of recent. Crewe like Town have been around a long time. Joined Div 2 of the FL in 1892, with is 125 years.

Gradi did indeed get a cut of transfer fees, but this is common practice for various people to get finders fees.

Crewe's chairman Bowler has been there years, a devout Christian, he's of the Rev Pitt school, namely football is a vehicle for social good amongst the impoverished working classes.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 15:23:54 »

GL5 with a new attention seaking thread!  Doh Smug Fuck Off

Any different to your previous thread?

The season coming to a close and we look doomed. Recall posting a few times on here stating players such as Rodgers and Barry were poor and Power buying cheap rubbish would land us in trouble.  Several posters shot me down. Question, are these Pro Power backers still around? Still confident Power is taking us forward? So far he has successfully alienated the fans, signed a squad as poor as I can remember and made it a chore to attend matches. Season ticket  renewals are going to be interesting.  I will continue to go to support the team but will be calling for Power to leave at every juncture. Hopefully he loses money and realises he isn't wanted and finally fucks off. Roll on when this happens.  #POWEROUT

That will be a no.

"Im a season ticket holder, blah blah, i told you all power was a twat, blah blah."

Maybe this time (in case your packing you next pack lunch for saturdays game) you could reply to my previous question to you.

The point I'm actually getting to is what do you actually want? And realistically are you going to get it? Is it sustainable? Because for a fan has apparently been around 30 years this isn't the worse you have seen and this isn't the worst chairman you have seen.
GL5 Red

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 16:19:48 »

Packing my lunch box for Saturday, joke wasted on you. What do I want? Perhaps an owner who is a little more transparent and has a little more business acumen.  Successful businessman he certainly isn't.  Someone who will provide us with some players that can play football as opposed to the dross we currently have, that really too much to ask for?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 16:21:37 by GL5 Red » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: