Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Serious Concerns...  (Read 13499 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:06:22 »

It's horrible when the people whom predict doom turn out to be right, especially when the bastards are talking about something you love so much.

I hated telling Poxy Ray in Marseilles in June that we would struggle this season.... I take no pleasure that it's all come true and the bastard reminds me about it every fucking week...

Clems Army!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:09:57 »

GL5

Power has done me a favour........

He has cured me of my desire to support a football team that I have loved and have missed with a passion.

With his inability to share the passion that I have held since my first visit to the County ground in 1963.

Thank you Lee, I no longer wake in the middle of the night to listen to the results or the second rate commentaries.

Bye    
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:11:26 »

I argued with you a bit GL5. Your problem was that if someone didn't think the apocalypse was coming, you assumed they were a Power lover. I said to you many times I wasn't particularly happy with how the model works, but I'm pleased we are operating sustainably(ish) and I genuinely believed we had a squad strong enough to survive up until January when I accepted we were heading down.

I'm sure there will be a nice vocal group letting their displeasure known on Saturday you can join in with and indulge your schadenfreude
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:11:58 »

GL5

Power has done me a favour........

He has cured me of my desire to support a football team that I have loved and have missed with a passion.

With his inability to share the passion that I have held since my first visit to the County ground in 1963.

Thank you Lee, I no longer wake in the middle of the night to listen to the results or the second rate commentaries.

Bye   

Yet you're still registered and post on the forum? Good one.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:17:53 »

Tails...

I simply do this out of habit.......... or is it like having a crap on a regular daily basis.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm similar on both accounts. Eek
GL5 Red

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:20:43 »

Talis, sometimes passion and emotion take over hence some posts could be worded better. Honestly, what do you see for next season? I am worried.
GL5 Red

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:22:03 »

And Talis, rest assured I will be making my feelings known, why shouldn't I either? Pit up with this shit all season and last. Totally fed up? I don't enjoy going and that is sad.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10:08:12 »

I have no idea what next season will bring, neither does anyone else. We can only speculate. As I've said in another thread, for me, Williams has to either be sacked or demoted. If we continue down the road we're going we'll be in L2 for a while. I'm not in the Reg school of thinking we'll be relegation fodder next season too... yet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10:19:46 »

I have no idea what next season will bring, neither does anyone else. We can only speculate. As I've said in another thread, for me, Williams has to either be sacked or demoted. If we continue down the road we're going we'll be in L2 for a while. I'm not in the Reg school of thinking we'll be relegation fodder next season too... yet.
Well you should get into that mindset early doors, that way if we have another car crash of a season next season, you can start a thread boasting about how prescient you were and how everyone else is really fucking stupid for not listening to you.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:09:48 »

Of course, but my speculation is based on Crewe. Of the 4 who went down last year they're the ones who've flirted with the drop. They should just about be OK for next season.

Let's consider the Crewe model.... they still play ground based football with a team of kids most of whom have come through their academy augmented by a few loans. The boss Artell an ex player, but also ex youth team coach with no experience beyond that.

Crewe look to develop players and sell them on.... they've accumulated £32 mill in recent years, much of which has gone back into their Cat 2 academy which costs £700K a year to run.  Further sums have gone into the upkeep and maintainance of Gresty Road, so they run sustainably.

It's entirely conceivable that they have been fucked over by the Prem clubs over acquisition, the bar being moved so high that whereas a promising lad might have opted for Crewe as a step forward, now a failed career at say Man City, can provide you with a tidy sum by the time you're 20. Crewe haven't sold a player for a sizeable fee 4 years.

I'm sure the paedo scandal hasn't helped them, but the process was in action before these revelations. The concern to us is that Crewe are way ahead of STFC in terms of the model.

We've a cat 3 academy, so are only ever going to produce the odd player, hence the reliance on loans and non league. 

Crewe also don't buy experience, because of the cost. However, they're now losing a mill a season, because no players to sell.   

Clearly Power will be trimming the budget right back in the summer, and hoping that Luke and Embers can polish a turd for him.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:17:03 »

As much as we all lambaste Mr Sherwood on here. I am hoping that he is not at the games etc and working on tying up new players for next season, permanent signings made early so that we are organised before the start of the season.

Its not too much to ask is it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:22:35 »

I doubt tim has been doing much in the way of STFC work for a good few months

Things get better but they never get good
Stevens

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:30:49 »

Of course, but my speculation is based on Crewe. Of the 4 who went down last year they're the ones who've flirted with the drop. They should just about be OK for next season.

Let's consider the Crewe model.... they still play ground based football with a team of kids most of whom have come through their academy augmented by a few loans. The boss Artell an ex player, but also ex youth team coach with no experience beyond that.

Crewe look to develop players and sell them on.... they've accumulated £32 mill in recent years, much of which has gone back into their Cat 2 academy which costs £700K a year to run.  Further sums have gone into the upkeep and maintainance of Gresty Road, so they run sustainably.

It's entirely conceivable that they have been fucked over by the Prem clubs over acquisition, the bar being moved so high that whereas a promising lad might have opted for Crewe as a step forward, now a failed career at say Man City, can provide you with a tidy sum by the time you're 20. Crewe haven't sold a player for a sizeable fee 4 years.

I'm sure the paedo scandal hasn't helped them, but the process was in action before these revelations. The concern to us is that Crewe are way ahead of STFC in terms of the model.

We've a cat 3 academy, so are only ever going to produce the odd player, hence the reliance on loans and non league. 

Crewe also don't buy experience, because of the cost. However, they're now losing a mill a season, because no players to sell.   

Clearly Power will be trimming the budget right back in the summer, and hoping that Luke and Embers can polish a turd for him.

What a flipping good post Reg
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:33:25 »

Well sonic I can recall many posters saying we had a competitive a quad and they trusted power and saw no reason why we couldn't challenge are the right end. Don't ask me to start finding those posts as I cannot be assed.  There are a few on here who must feel simple having backed power and believed his bullshit.
If you say so, I'll have to reluctantly accept your facts with nothing whatsoever to back them up.

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:33:43 »

As much as we all lambaste Mr Sherwood on here. I am hoping that he is not at the games etc and working on tying up new players for next season, permanent signings made early so that we are organised before the start of the season.

Its not too much to ask is it?

That's what Power and Williams have said, he came in initially to work with Luke and give him an experienced head to bounce ideas off, once they thought Luke had got what he wanted Sherwood then fell into the backdrop and is working on the Director of Football role which is lining up players.

I am optimistic that we will have things done early this year as last year it was Power pulling all the cords and it didn't happen, this time he has Sherwood to do all the work while he concentrates on other things (away from stfc). Power has taken a massive back seat in regards to what goes on at the club and lets the staff he has chosen (rightly or wrongly) do their jobs with minimal interference (hence his lack of visibility at games recently).

Waterford seems to be doing really well from the same things he has done here, he obviously learnt from the initial mistakes and got a proper team setup there and let them do all the recruitment.

The way I see it is that STFC was a massive learning curve for him for his model, he has made some right royal cockups but he has been willing (a little) to admit to them and delegate tasks to other people rather than running it all himself. We are all human and make mistakes but unfortunately the mistakes he has made here has put us in the position where we are.

If he is to continue running the club then there needs to be some fundamental changes in the way things are done and one of them is to demote Williams back to just the training ground coach and get a proper manager in who knows what the fuck they are doing come match day as Luke is like a deer in headlights, his team selection, tactics and subs confuse me. There then needs to be a change in the ethos, I am fine with signing kids like Conroy and Starkey but we need 2/3 experienced pro's in there like Ince who can dictate the game.

We got to the playoffs in 2014 with a similar aged squad as now so there has been no fundamental change in philosophy but just the recruits brought in just haven't been upto par, hopefully Power has realised that and is willing to make changes sooner rather than later.

p.s. just realised how long this has got........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: