Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 198108 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 12:58:18 »

Could they not just write it on Theresa May?
Goat, Satan....close enough
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 13:00:17 »

Could they not just write it on Theresa May?

Bung her in a bottle and throw her overboard?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 13:09:13 »

TM should be shown more respect.

She has made an immense personal contribution to a changed political outlook for the UK
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 13:16:24 »

This is class from Town fan David Squires -

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2017/jun/12/david-squires-on-theresa-mays-deal-with-the-dup

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 14:27:58 »

The Green Party have criticised Gove's recall as environment secretary (a decision that's right up there with the alliance with the terrorist-sympathising gaybashing bigots IMO) saying he is "entirely unfit for the role of environment secretary". Which begs the question of what he is fit for?

It is being questioned as to whether the return of Gove, is a personal favour to Murdoch, in return for the Sun backing off.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 17:01:52 »

TM should be shown more respect.

She has made an immense personal contribution to a changed political outlook for the UK

Am "immense personal contribution" to.... wrecking the Conservative party? Continually missing her own targets (by quite some way) as home secretary for six years? Making the Labour party electable again? I'm struggling to think of other achievements.

Re: Gove, as someone who works in education, and with friends who work in the justice system, I despise the man. However, I like the idea that he could be there as a potential warning/prevention measure to Boris if he tries mounting a leadership bid again.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 17:03:38 »

Am "immense personal contribution" to.... wrecking the Conservative party? Continually missing her own targets (by quite some way) as home secretary for six years? Making the Labour party electable again? I'm struggling to think of other achievements.

Re: Gove, as someone who works in education, and with friends who work in the justice system, I despise the man. However, I like the idea that he could be there as a potential warning/prevention measure to Boris if he tries mounting a leadership bid again.
The tories are a clusterfuck and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 17:53:14 »

The phrase that keeps playing in my head at the moment is 'Politics is not a game!'  (As delivered by Head Girl Theresa May to Nicola Sturgeon earlier in the campaign.)  It got up my nose then - but now, how can anyone doubt that game-playing is all the Tories are doing?  Everything that is happening this week is damage limitation for the benefit of the Conservative Party, with the needs of everyone else a distant second.  Charlatans, the lot of them.

I'm not enjoying it because the stakes are too high.  David Davis today has gone all out to shore up his previous position on a Hard Brexit - which necessitates keeping TM in post, pretty much the only reason she's still there.  Carrying on as if the election had never happened; as if the electorate had not just punished the Conservatives for pursuing a 'harder' form of Brexit that most of the country seems uncomfortable with.  'As you were, lads.  Don't blink.  We're ramming this through anyway, and fuck the consequences.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 18:54:46 »

it's a dangerous game to play, the Scottish conservatives won't be best pleased to be set on hard Brexit.

Then again that's what the their constituents knee when they voted Tory.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 20:03:54 »

it's a dangerous game to play, the Scottish conservatives won't be best pleased to be set on hard Brexit.

Then again that's what the their constituents knee when they voted Tory.
I thought the DUP were also against a hard Brexit?

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 20:56:29 »

Apparently, though god knows what those nutty bastards will abandon for a bit of Tory love.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Monday, June 12, 2017, 22:21:50 »

Apparently, though god knows what those nutty bastards will abandon for a bit of Tory love.
NOTHING! NEVER! NO ABANDONMENT! NO SURRENDER! DOWN WITH POT-POURRI!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 05:27:40 »

I'm not enjoying it because the stakes are too high.  David Davis today has gone all out to shore up his previous position on a Hard Brexit - which necessitates keeping TM in post, pretty much the only reason she's still there.  Carrying on as if the election had never happened; as if the electorate had not just punished the Conservatives for pursuing a 'harder' form of Brexit that most of the country seems uncomfortable with.  'As you were, lads.  Don't blink.  We're ramming this through anyway, and fuck the consequences.

The main problem with David Davis is he's another out of his depth. He sat in front of a select committee last year clearly not knowing the difference between the EU customs union and the single market. Pretty basic stuff. He is taking a "hard brexit" line largely due to stubbornly insisting that being in EFTA/EEA (single market) means accepting free movement even though he has been briefed to the contrary that it is not the case.

But certainly the arrogance of carrying on as normal and hijacking the result for their own ends does beggar belief. It's the equivalent of say if remain had won the referendum, and Cameron emerged on the Friday morning stating that he now took this as a mandate to join the Euro, Schengen and relinquishing all our other opt outs.

Certainly this issue is far bigger than the whims of the Tory Lunatic Fringe, and if reports are true that there are moves towards a cross party committee on the process of withdrawal that would be very welcome.

No wonder Barnier is getting frustrated at these bunch of children.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 05:30:40 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 07:30:02 »

There should be more Children of the Corn references in modern life
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 10:21:25 »

Jeremy Hunt being reappointed as health minister pissed me off. These twats never listen
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: