Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 197942 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 18:21:44 »

She really is a horror isn't she... if you just read transcripts of what she has been saying you would think it had all gone swimmingly!
I think she got the wrong speech.That was the one for the expected "landslide"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 18:41:22 »

confidence and supply deal done with the  dodgy Irish DUP fuckwits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40236152
Flashheart

« Reply #947 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 18:44:15 »

How would that work, anyway?

Does it mean they are expected to support the tories and, in return, the tories lend them support? In which case, does this mean we could potentially see creationism in classrooms being debated in government?
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 18:49:51 »

-The DUP can't vote on English laws (due to the EVEL law passed in 2015) this meant the tories only have a majority when it comes to Brexit and the DUP promised a soft Brexit in their manifesto (due to the border with Ireland). This means the tories can't vote through their manifesto without the consent of other parties MPs (and it looks like a lot of their own MPs will vote against anyway).
-if it becomes evident they can't pass bills then there will be a vote of no confidence and there will be another election (hence boris getting ready to oppose her)
-technically there can't be a coalition with the DUP due to the peace agreement and our promise of neutrality, so there is a "supply of consent"- so the tories are a minority government.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 19:00:27 »

How would that work, anyway?

Does it mean they are expected to support the tories and, in return, the tories lend them support? In which case, does this mean we could potentially see creationism in classrooms being debated in government?
seems to be just that, an exchange of supporting Tories in voting for ' something' in return (limited in voting support as above if that's right).

What that something is, we'll have to see I suppose. Can't be as retarded as creationism though Smiley
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 19:21:03 »

If the Tories and the DUP fail to reach an agreement, do the Tories still get a chance to form a minority government or could Corbyn himself go see the queen and put his hat in the ring so to speak?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 19:37:52 »

If the Tories and the DUP fail to reach an agreement, do the Tories still get a chance to form a minority government or could Corbyn himself go see the queen and put his hat in the ring so to speak?
1) Downing St now saying they have reached an agreement on a "confidence and supply" basis
2) That IS a minority government, with or without an agreement with the DUP
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 19:50:13 »

This is extraordinary.  Why is no one in her party tapping TM on the shoulder and letting her know that every day she associates the Conservatives with the DUP, it's another day the Tory brand is contaminated?  It's bizarre.  How on earth does she think that this is going to end?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 19:55:21 »

-The DUP can't vote on English laws (due to the EVEL law passed in 2015) this meant the tories only have a majority when it comes to Brexit and the DUP promised a soft Brexit in their manifesto (due to the border with Ireland). This means the tories can't vote through their manifesto without the consent of other parties MPs (and it looks like a lot of their own MPs will vote against anyway).
-if it becomes evident they can't pass bills then there will be a vote of no confidence and there will be another election (hence boris getting ready to oppose her)
-technically there can't be a coalition with the DUP due to the peace agreement and our promise of neutrality, so there is a "supply of consent"- so the tories are a minority government.

But do the Tories not have an overall majority in England?  Of the 650 parliamentary seats, 533 are English.  I can't find how many of those were won by the Tories online - but fairly sure it's 267 or over (which is what they would need to pass English-only legislation).
Flashheart

« Reply #954 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 20:06:31 »

This is extraordinary.  Why is no one in her party tapping TM on the shoulder and letting her know that every day she associates the Conservatives with the DUP, it's another day the Tory brand is contaminated?  It's bizarre.  How on earth does she think that this is going to end?

I read somewhere that 13 (I think, I forget the actual number) tory MPs are gay. Fuck knows what they must be thinking (If true).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 20:12:47 »

I read somewhere that 13 (I think, I forget the actual number) tory MPs are gay. Fuck knows what they must be thinking (If true).
Statistically, it's likely to be a hell of a lot more than 13. Although it may well be that few that are openly gay. Even then. I'd be surprise if it wasn't more.

Ruth Davidson, the leader of the Scottish Tories, is about to marry her long-term partner, a marriage that would be illegal if the DUP had their way. She's sought specific assurances about the DUP from May and is currently having to fight off rumours she's planning to take the Scottish Conservatives out into a separate organisation. (I'd lay a penny to a pound those rumours are bollocks, FWIW)
Flashheart

« Reply #956 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 21:21:53 »

seems to be just that, an exchange of supporting Tories in voting for ' something' in return (limited in voting support as above if that's right).

What that something is, we'll have to see I suppose. Can't be as retarded as creationism though Smiley

Why not though?

If the DUP say "We want X debated and we want your support", and the tories refuse, what's to stop the DUP from saying "Well fuck you then" and pulling out, leaving (even more) of a mess for the tories?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 21:28:59 »

Justine Greening, education secretary, came out only last year. Bet her next chat with Teresa will be fun
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 21:34:37 »

Why not though?

If the DUP say "We want X debated and we want your support", and the tories refuse, what's to stop the DUP from saying "Well fuck you then" and pulling out, leaving (even more) of a mess for the tories?

Ask the Lib Dems what happens when you start conceding in the wrong way. OK not exactly the same, but the long term damage to the Tory party would be colossal.

Well, in my opinion anyway. I couldn't see how May wouldn't have ended up with a massive majority when she called the election either.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 21:51:23 »

Statistically, it's likely to be a hell of a lot more than 13. Although it may well be that few that are openly gay. Even then. I'd be surprise if it wasn't more.

Ruth Davidson, the leader of the Scottish Tories, is about to marry her long-term partner, a marriage that would be illegal if the DUP had their way. She's sought specific assurances about the DUP from May and is currently having to fight off rumours she's planning to take the Scottish Conservatives out into a separate organisation. (I'd lay a penny to a pound those rumours are bollocks, FWIW)
At least 19 is the number doing the rounds, plus as you say Davidson who seems to have done more for the Tories than May.

So DUP bring 10 seats, buts going to seriously undermine 19 MPs, I assume May is as shit at maths as she is at elections​...

And that's ignoring the erm terrorism issues.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: