Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195820 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:49:42 »

I'd never considered the scenario before so I may be wrong, but I thought I heard last night that they had very specifically ruled that out during the campaign.

Also a Corbyn minority govt propped up by SF would surely be disastrous electorally, even in these extraordinary times.

Who knows, I saw that comment also, however, I suspect it was made before it became clear that their political opponents had the power to become kingmakers, in terms of constituencies with the scope to be royally fucked by Brexit SF hold them all along the border so its a new world now?

As for them propping up Corbyn, who knows they may just choose to sit to skupper the possible power of the DUP, it would rather hypocritical if we were happy for them to have a say in ruling NI but make a fuss here, whilst being happy to jump into bed with the DUP?

Going to be interesting to see what happens, in terms of the Laws of Unexpected Consequences I suspect many Tories are a little sad they fucked the Lib Dems over so hard in 2015.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #901 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:53:17 »

Any result that leaves us with a Tory government is a poor result for the country, but it could have been a lot worse..
Yes

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:07:25 »

Also a Corbyn minority govt propped up by SF would surely be disastrous electorally, even in these extraordinary times.
A minority government propped up by a party founded in Irish terrorism would be completely unacceptable. Unless it's the Tories being propped up by the DUP, of course
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:08:00 »

A minority government propped up by a party founded in Irish terrorism would be completely unacceptable. Unless it's the Tories being propped up by the DUP, of course

Quite.

It's All Good..............
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:10:32 »

That depends on your point of view.

Its a total shambles, and runs the risk of a Tory leadership contest and yet anther GE and even the small chance of a delayed Brexit.

On the other hand it stops the Tory carte blanche "brexit means brexit, no deal is better than any deal" bullshit they were pursuing and may lead to a more reasoned Brexit.

That's another fine mess the Tories have got us into.

Spot on. if we wanted see chaos then the "no deal" strategy that May was pursing would be a very good way of seeing it.

Short term political instability is a small price to pay to prevent the utter calamity she was going to inflict upon the country
« Last Edit: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:24:16 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:12:51 »

Labour lost convincingly, but what a turnaround from what was 'supposed' to happen.

Strangely, it feels like a victory.

A spirit of revolution in Canterbury after a 100 years as well.

The prospect of a BJ for the country moves that ever bit closer.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:16:40 »

Good analysis here..

http://tuckered.co.uk/2017/06/09/so-whos-in-charge-fuck-knows/

It's All Good..............
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:18:34 »

I'd never considered the scenario before so I may be wrong, but I thought I heard last night that they had very specifically ruled that out during the campaign.

SF would have to swear an allegiance to the Queen to take up their seats. Can't see that happening.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:22:11 »

It's a poor result for the country

That's always the view in this situation. But actually maybe having less power could be good for the country. Perhaps it would bring more consensus politics? We certainly need it. Too much polarisation just now
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:34:33 »

Agreed, one could argue that the DUP don't have quite the toxicity in mainland Britain that SF do but it's all shades of black.  I can't see a DUP backed Tory minority govt lasting for long.   
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:39:02 »

That sounds a whole lot like a coalition of chaos to me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:46:10 »

And in case anyone was wondering - because, strangely, the DUP's roots in Loyalist terrorism haven't been covered quite so widely in the UK press as Corbyn meeting Sinn Fein leaders - here's the photos of DUP founders Peter Robinson and Ian Paisley in the uniform of terrorist gang Ulster Resistance:

and Peter Robinson again:
Flashheart

« Reply #912 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:52:10 »

The red tops must be fuming. This makes me smile. A lot.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:58:04 »

Nuttall's quit to concentrate on taking Bottom on tour
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 09:59:37 »

What a mess - so easy to promise the earth when you are in opposition - May has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with an unbelievably naïve campaign - so easy to pick her off - Corbyn just had to wake up every day with another populist promise - he will be laughing now especially as he will remain a hero because he doesn`t actually have to keep to his promises.

As regards whether or not the country will suffer now - I think we all know the answer to that....

Bathtime
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: