Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195760 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 07:48:27 »

It's a poor result for the country
It could have been much much worse
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #886 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 07:52:16 »

Why?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:00:33 »

See Samdy's post a few back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:00:54 »

The only winners are potentially the DUP, well done FPTP

The DUP seem to hold all the cards....... unless.....

On seeing the DUP may begin to have serious sway in parliament Sin Fein decide to take their seats finally, then its open house again?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:03:16 »

The foxes, hares, deer and mink have done alright out of it too.

A lot of other creatures will be mightily pissed of about the minks success, bloody alien invasive vermin!

I am no expert (as my prediction of a big Tory majority proves) but from my untrained eye, at least would it not have made sense to have the election prior to activating A50 and not have the clock ticking whilst this self imposed shit storm was on-going!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #890 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:14:09 »

A poor campaign from May and a strong one from Corbyn has (re)engaged people with politics, particularly young people if reports are to be believed. When was the last time there was hope amongst the electorate that they could have a significant influence?

Where from here? Brexit negotiations are likely to stall, will a Tory-DUP coalition emerge and what does that mean for the country and the wider Brexit issue?

Strong and stable eh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:18:36 »

That depends on your point of view.

Its a total shambles, and runs the risk of a Tory leadership contest and yet anther GE and even the small chance of a delayed Brexit.

On the other hand it stops the Tory carte blanche "brexit means brexit, no deal is better than any deal" bullshit they were pursuing and may lead to a more reasoned Brexit.

That's another fine mess the Tories have got us into.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:20:59 »

Nick Clegg: Anyone who whinges about how cynical and self serving our politicians are should ask themselves whether we really encourage anything better.  History will surely recognise that at the very least he did what he genuinely believed was right for his country and got annihilated for it.

Heartily agree with this. Very sad to see Remain's best advocate removed from the debate in parliament. History has not been kind to a decent man.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:24:20 »

I am no expert (as my prediction of a big Tory majority proves) but from my untrained eye, at least would it not have made sense to have the election prior to activating A50 and not have the clock ticking whilst this self imposed shit storm was on-going!

The arrogance of May, thought Labour were such a shambles and the Tories so strong that they could increase the majority and put to bed "unelected, no mandate" arguments.

And to be fair, most of us agreed they would.

I may be wrong, but the presumptions of thinking they knew why 52% of people voted Brexit and what they wanted out of it , ignoring 48% who voted remain, attacking the old with the dementia tax/heating payments, etc etc - may not have gone down well!

And Corbyn offered the opposite. And pulled in the youth vote....

Labour lost convincingly, but what a turnaround from what was 'supposed' to happen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:26:18 »

Heartily agree with this. Very sad to see Remain's best advocate removed from the debate in parliament. History has not been kind to a decent man.

On the flip side, say one thing and do another is shooting himself in the foot when its a major policy you are abandoning. Good man maybe, but not much sympathy.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:27:24 »

Where from here? Brexit negotiations are likely to stall, will a Tory-DUP coalition emerge and what does that mean for the country and the wider Brexit issue?

Strong and stable eh?

The DUP are pro-Brexit as shown by the dubious 'donation' for the newspaper wrap being channeled through the DUP to avoid election rules, however it would appear from what is being reported that they are seeking reassurances re 'soft' brexit as part of any coalition deal?
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:31:48 »

The DUP seem to hold all the cards....... unless.....

On seeing the DUP may begin to have serious sway in parliament Sin Fein decide to take their seats finally, then its open house again?

I'd never considered the scenario before so I may be wrong, but I thought I heard last night that they had very specifically ruled that out during the campaign.

Also a Corbyn minority govt propped up by SF would surely be disastrous electorally, even in these extraordinary times.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:35:51 »

That depends on your point of view.

Its a total shambles, and runs the risk of a Tory leadership contest and yet anther GE and even the small chance of a delayed Brexit.

On the other hand it stops the Tory carte blanche "brexit means brexit, no deal is better than any deal" bullshit they were pursuing and may lead to a more reasoned Brexit.

That's another fine mess the Tories have got us into.

That is my point of view  Smiley

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:41:46 »

On the flip side, say one thing and do another is shooting himself in the foot when its a major policy you are abandoning. Good man maybe, but not much sympathy.

I agree, but that's what I meant about history not being kind. People retain one item per person (viz Tony Blair = Iraq, forgetting all he did to revalue health and education, since thoroughly diminished once again).

Anyway, it's a detail in today's shambles.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Friday, June 9, 2017, 08:46:25 »

Any result that leaves us with a Tory government is a poor result for the country, but it could have been a lot worse..

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: