Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195849 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 09:24:26 »

It was also put towards all major party leaders in Question time which was televised on the BBC in the last week and can be found as key pledges in their manifesto, it would have featured more had May accepted more interviews. In the few she did Neill, Dimbleby, Snow et al she raised the point in each, not sure how much more you want? All the info is within each manifesto, unfortunately if you only read the bias in tabloids you wont find much information there...
Think you're missing my point. I know the information is out there, but QT aside, it didn't feature very heavily at all in media coverage (broadcast as well as print media) of the campaign. Which I think suited both main parties, tbh, as neither can offer any kind of real story about how they intend to handle it, other than broad brush banalities. Neither would stand up to any detailed examination and it's disappointing they weren't grilled more intensely by the media on that because whoever wins this election, Brexit is likely to be an absolute fucking car crash which will affect us for decades to come. It needn't have been, if it had been prepared for properly.
milo t

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 09:37:42 »

Think you're missing my point. I know the information is out there, but QT aside, it didn't feature very heavily at all in media coverage (broadcast as well as print media) of the campaign. Which I think suited both main parties, tbh, as neither can offer any kind of real story about how they intend to handle it, other than broad brush banalities. Neither would stand up to any detailed examination and it's disappointing they weren't grilled more intensely by the media on that because whoever wins this election, Brexit is likely to be an absolute fucking car crash which will affect us for decades to come. It needn't have been, if it had been prepared for properly.

Well by its very nature it was promoted by Gove and Johnson who both used it as a play for control and lost, May herself as well as being a terrible orator was obviously known to be a silent remainer so the obvious compromise choice to lead afterwards. As such no one had a plan, and Cameron/Osbourne were so egotistical that they never assumed they would lose. May therefore has no clue, and every tabloid newspaper under Tory bias is not going to promote a point she is so poor on. On the other hand Corbyn is also a well known EU skeptical and as such never wanted to fight to remain until party pressure was piled on so i doubt he has much clue either. As every major newspaper is under either Tory/Labour bias it was never going to feature heavily in the press and the Lib Dems who are arguably the strongest on this issue have largely been ignored as per along with the greens
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 09:41:30 »

Pointless vote cast.  

I seem to be part of a dangerous, extreme "middle of the road" cell.

No worries.  Never has my vote been close to electing an MP or councillor.

Depressing Friday morning beckons.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #813 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 09:51:20 »

Oh i always do those things as I'm generally a floating voter with no set alligences.

Problem is it normally comes out with SNP or Welsh lot on top!

Because you compare all of the aspects of the party policies rather than just some questions and scaled range of answers it should clearer, unless you really are picking lots of different party policies in the various areas.

I got 25% green and 75% Lib Dem in the areas of most importance to me
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 09:56:44 »

Well by its very nature it was promoted by Gove and Johnson who both used it as a play for control and lost, May herself as well as being a terrible orator was obviously known to be a silent remainer so the obvious compromise choice to lead afterwards. As such no one had a plan, and Cameron/Osbourne were so egotistical that they never assumed they would lose. May therefore has no clue, and every tabloid newspaper under Tory bias is not going to promote a point she is so poor on. On the other hand Corbyn is also a well known EU skeptical and as such never wanted to fight to remain until party pressure was piled on so i doubt he has much clue either. As every major newspaper is under either Tory/Labour bias it was never going to feature heavily in the press and the Lib Dems who are arguably the strongest on this issue have largely been ignored as per along with the greens
Completely agree with all that, that's why I think it will be a car crash. And it doesn't need to be. Whatever the outcome of this election, I sincerely hope the odious fuckwit Johnson is buried without trace. I'd take that either metaphorically or literally tbh
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:01:09 »

Because you compare all of the aspects of the party policies rather than just some questions and scaled range of answers it should clearer, unless you really are picking lots of different party policies in the various areas.

I got 25% green and 75% Lib Dem in the areas of most importance to me

I did the full survey (any excuse to procrastinate..) and got 44% Labour, 28% Green, 14% Liberal, 14% UKIP. 

Glad to see that even in a blind selection process, I instinctively reject all things Tory
milo t

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:04:37 »

Completely agree with all that, that's why I think it will be a car crash. And it doesn't need to be. Whatever the outcome of this election, I sincerely hope the odious fuckwit Johnson is buried without trace. I'd take that either metaphorically or literally tbh

Well did you see Johnson attack Corbyn the other day on anti-terror laws which he helped Corbyn to oppose and voted against himself? It needed pointed out to him as he had obviously 'forgot' haha. Hes a complete idiot and May and co knows it which is why he was appointed Foreign secretary to keep him out of the country as much as possible..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:12:33 »

Well did you see Johnson attack Corbyn the other day on anti-terror laws which he helped Corbyn to oppose and voted against himself? It needed pointed out to him as he had obviously 'forgot' haha. Hes a complete idiot and May and co knows it which is why he was appointed Foreign secretary to keep him out of the country as much as possible..
Johnson has the same problem as Trump, he's lied so long and so often he no longer remembers which are lies and what the truth is. Sadly, think he was made Foreign Secretary more to keep the balls-up coalition that is the Tory Party together as he does have a strong faction within the Tory Party who will, post-election, be pushing his case after the inevitable coup ousts the appallingly incompetent May. The fact that Boris fucking Johnson is one of their strongest shining lights says all you need to know about the current state of the party who think they are the only party fit to lead the country into the most complex set of negotiations the country's ever been involved with. And no, I don't think the Labour front bench is a whole lot better.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:12:40 »

His performance on the Today Prog the other morning (which is probably the interview you're referring to) was nothing short of repulsive.  He's a horrible human being.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:13:15 »

Nominated proxy voter is a life long Tory.  Sad

Even though over 500 miles away I will know if they do a very bad thing.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
milo t

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:14:21 »

Johnson has the same problem as Trump, he's lied so long and so often he no longer remembers which are lies and what the truth is. Sadly, think he was made Foreign Secretary more to keep the balls-up coalition that is the Tory Party together as he does have a strong faction within the Tory Party who will, post-election, be pushing his case after the inevitable coup ousts the appallingly incompetent May. The fact that Boris fucking Johnson is one of their strongest shining lights says all you need to know about the current state of the party who think they are the only party fit to lead the country into the most complex set of negotiations the country's ever been involved with. And no, I don't think the Labour front bench is a whole lot better.

Completely agree, but then what does that say about us who will inevitably still vote such an incompetent party in...
Sad times
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:19:49 »

Which is why back at the beginning I said this wouldn't be a bad election to lose. The Tories got us into the Brexit mess, their reward should be carrying the can for the clusterfuck it will become.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #822 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:21:35 »

I'd rather be bummed to death than fucking vote Tory
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:23:09 »

Which is why back at the beginning I said this wouldn't be a bad election to lose. The Tories got us into the Brexit mess, their reward should be carrying the can for the clusterfuck it will become.
Yep, agree with that Reg. Although by rights, Paul Dacre really should be put in the Tower as a traitor to the national interest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10:24:16 »

I'd rather be bummed to death than fucking vote Tory
Now there's the T-shirt slogan this election campaign has been missing
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: