Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195762 times)

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 07:50:31 »

For the undecided amongst you, here is a neutral take on who to vote for and why.

If people are stupid enough to believe that filthy rag then they deserve everything they get.

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 07:51:24 »

If you think chairman Corbinski is going to get the keys to No10 and you're going abroad for two weeks R&R as a member of the few get your currency now.

I didn't know you were Martin Lewis. 👋
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:09:15 »

my pointless x has been cast
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:12:51 »

Quote from: Arriba
For the undecided amongst you, here is a neutral take on who to vote for and why.
If people are stupid enough to believe that filthy rag then they deserve everything they get.

unfortunately they are. not all of them obviously, but if that's your main source of news....

I've cast my pointless x. if Tomlinson had bitten heads off babies he'd still get in.

from polls it looks like an increased Tory majority. disappointing but not the landslide it had looked. still (imo ) fucks over the country, but what can you do.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:19:01 »

Still can't decide who to vote for.  Not that it matters in my constituency or nationally, both are easy Tory victories.

Can see myself just going with gut instinct in the polling booth
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #800 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:22:42 »

If you're unsure of who to vote for then go to this excellent site to easily review and compare policies blindly. The results may or may not surprise you.

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:28:15 »

Oh i always do those things as I'm generally a floating voter with no set alligences.

Problem is it normally comes out with SNP or Welsh lot on top!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:29:38 »

from polls it looks like an increased Tory majority. disappointing but not the landslide it had looked
Think it will be that - a hugely undeserved increased majority. It's been a very odd election, in that the campaign has barely touched on several key issues, notably the economy and Brexit, which will still be the main factor in how many people vote. Which is because neither of the main parties have a very good idea of how they're going to handle Brexit and so have steered clear of it. Disappointed that the media have largely let them get away with that as it means large sections of the electorate are going to be voting on that basis with little or no idea of what they're actually being asked to vote for (that's a criticism of the parties and the media, btw, not the voters). Most odd.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:30:05 »

Whoop its Theresa's Coronation Day!

The only way I can see any surprise occurring (and even that would be a lower tan expected Tory landslide) is if the <30 vote actually materialises...

How much does she need to increase her majority by for her not to be seen as a failure, considering the open door she was pushing on?
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:31:55 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:30:53 »

Oh i always do those things as I'm generally a floating voter with no set alligences.

Problem is it normally comes out with SNP or Welsh lot on top!

Just don't vote Tory and then you can at least claim the moral high ground when the shit invariably hits the fan in the next 5 years.
milo t

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:35:05 »

Think it will be that - a hugely undeserved increased majority. It's been a very odd election, in that the campaign has barely touched on several key issues, notably the economy and Brexit, which will still be the main factor in how many people vote. Which is because neither of the main parties have a very good idea of how they're going to handle Brexit and so have steered clear of it. Disappointed that the media have largely let them get away with that as it means large sections of the electorate are going to be voting on that basis with little or no idea of what they're actually being asked to vote for (that's a criticism of the parties and the media, btw, not the voters). Most odd.

Quite the opposite, all three major parties have clarified their stance on Brexit, for example the Tories will quite happily take a "hard brexit" removal from the single market, no freedom of movement etc and in addition are quite happy to also walk away without any deal in place which would be even worse.. Labour on the other hand want a "softer brexit" who would like to retain the benefits of the single market and customs union with additional allowances in place for EU nationals... Lib Dems are pretty much aligned to that of labour with the addition that they would like to keep freedom of movement and most importantly to them a second referendum put to the public on the final deal at the end of the negotiations..
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:45:16 »

I didn't know you were Martin Lewis. 👋
Well there you go. Read the right stuff and you might learn some too.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 08:57:44 »

my pointless x has been cast

And mine.  Didn't spoil my ballot paper in the end, but stood there in the booth for a good while considering it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 09:06:23 »

Quite the opposite, all three major parties have clarified their stance on Brexit, for example the Tories will quite happily take a "hard brexit" removal from the single market, no freedom of movement etc and in addition are quite happy to also walk away without any deal in place which would be even worse.. Labour on the other hand want a "softer brexit" who would like to retain the benefits of the single market and customs union with additional allowances in place for EU nationals... Lib Dems are pretty much aligned to that of labour with the addition that they would like to keep freedom of movement and most importantly to them a second referendum put to the public on the final deal at the end of the negotiations..
We knew all that before the election. Brexit has barely featured in the campaign itself, but will feature heavily in how people vote
milo t

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 09:12:21 »

We knew all that before the election. Brexit has barely featured in the campaign itself, but will feature heavily in how people vote

It was also put towards all major party leaders in Question time which was televised on the BBC in the last week and can be found as key pledges in their manifesto, it would have featured more had May accepted more interviews. In the few she did Neill, Dimbleby, Snow et al she raised the point in each, not sure how much more you want? All the info is within each manifesto, unfortunately if you only read the bias in tabloids you wont find much information there...
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: