Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 198303 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 17:34:47 »

The thought of another 5 years of Tory austerity doesn't appeal at all, but I don't think Labour, unfortunately, has enough widespread appeal to defeat them.

Trying to console yourselves by thinking that the conservatives will fuck up Brexit, thereby enabling Labour to grow their vote sufficiently to win the election in 5 years time, shouldn't sweeten the pill at all. In 5 years time what will the NHS look like? Or other vital public services? How many more people will be living in poverty?

I've never voted Labour in a general election before, but they are the only credible opposition here. I've not read or heard anything to convince me that the tories are trustworthy, or have a better plan. Their campaign has been more about trying to discredit Corbyn than what they will do. Together with sound bites on being 'strong & stable' and 'making the tough decisions'. Unfortunately their 'tough decisions' only appear to be tough on people that aren't part of their elite club.

Not quite "tough" enough to stick to their "tough decisions" though,hey?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:19:14 »

Diane Abbott is "taking a break" and has been replaced by Lyn Brown.

I feel sorry for Diane, but there is clearly something not right and the recent bullying from the tories has been a step too far.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:21:01 »

I feel sorry for Diane, but there is clearly something not right and the recent bullying from the tories has been a step too far.

For many Tories there are two key problems with Diane Abbott which make her fair game.

Sadly being inept is not one of them.
Flashheart

« Reply #783 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:24:21 »

I've seen a lot of people say they'd vote Labour if it were not for Abbott. I wonder what excuse they'll use now.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:35:45 »

I've seen a lot of people say they'd vote Labour if it were not for Abbott. I wonder what excuse they'll use now.
Hopefully there wont be one and they will now vote Labour. One can hope
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:43:02 »

tbf, she's clearly not up to the job. Not sure she's been "bullied" any more than any high-profile politician who keeps fucking up would be (although it baffles me how Michael Fallon doesn't seem to get the same level of flak). She was put in a very high profile position where people taking a pop at you is part of the job, and she just wasn't up to it. Same as Theresa May, actually
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 09:03:35 »

tbf, she's clearly not up to the job. Not sure she's been "bullied" any more than any high-profile politician who keeps fucking up would be (although it baffles me how Michael Fallon doesn't seem to get the same level of flak). She was put in a very high profile position where people taking a pop at you is part of the job, and she just wasn't up to it. Same as Theresa May, actually

Yep. 100% this.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 09:43:39 »

Yup.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 19:13:07 »

Well, Tom Smith has come out as a Tory on Twitter... is a shame, I was hoping he'd get a new contract!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
corner

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 19:36:31 »

Well, Tom Smith has come out as a Tory on Twitter... is a shame, I was hoping he'd get a new contract!
Ha ha jokes aside I reckon he has....
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 21:06:07 »

For the undecided amongst you, here is a neutral take on who to vote for and why.

* IMG_0383.JPG (246.84 KB, 942x1200 - viewed 135 times.)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 21:07:25 »

For the undecided amongst you, here is a neutral take on who to vote for and why.

They missed off one from the list - "Would introduce Leveson in full"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 21:19:31 »

If you think chairman Corbinski is going to get the keys to No10 and you're going abroad for two weeks R&R as a member of the few get your currency now.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 21:29:21 »

If you think chairman Corbinski is going to get the keys to No10 and you're going abroad for two weeks R&R as a member of the few get your currency now.

Yes because the pound has been doing so well lately
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 22:10:34 »

Yes because the pound has been doing so well lately
In relation to what it will be yes. Get yours tomorrow comrade. For the many € not the few €, or $. Travel destinations may vary.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: