Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195765 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 21:36:31 »

Fuck me, Diane Abbott is a fucking blubbering mess. Corbyn needs to get rid. She's a mess. Even when Amber Rudd is avoiding questions, or spouting lies, at least she does it with conviction and composure.

This is in reference to her recent appearance on sky. Horlock, if you would be so kind....

Apologies I am only available for finding you tube clips during working hours 😉

Plus I am away darn south for the next two days so you will all have to find your political comedy yourselves.....

Edit - cos you piqued my interest and I am here to provide a service... This one?

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 07:28:47 »

The three issues the Tories can always rely on to work for them are financial probity, defence and law & order.  Incredibly May is managing to lose on law & order against a man who has consistently voted against counter-terrorism measures introduced by successive labour governments.

I wouldn't have believed it a few weeks ago but I'm not sure how anyone would credibly answer the question "what makes you think that Teresa May would be any less catastrophic for the people of this country than Jeremy Corbyn?"

You couldn't make it up.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 07:31:47 by Pax Romana » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 07:38:52 »

Apologies I am only available for finding you tube clips during working hours 😉

Plus I am away darn south for the next two days so you will all have to find your political comedy yourselves.....

Edit - cos you piqued my interest and I am here to provide a service... This one?

As if by magic. :-)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 07:52:31 »

The three issues the Tories can always rely on to work for them are financial probity, defence and law & order.  Incredibly May is managing to lose on law & order against a man who has consistently voted against counter-terrorism measures introduced by successive labour governments.

I wouldn't have believed it a few weeks ago but I'm not sure how anyone would credibly answer the question "what makes you think that Teresa May would be any less catastrophic for the people of this country than Jeremy Corbyn?"

You couldn't make it up.
Looking at the car crash that Brexit is going to be this looks like being a good election to lose, let someone else carry the can of what is going to be an unholy fucking mess. I think I said this a few days ago, but the thought keeps coming back to me that the Tories might have stared into the abyss and decided to chuck it. I don't yet believe it, but every time I see or hear May, Rudd, Fallon, Johnson, it gets all the stronger.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:03:40 »

Diane Abbott pulled out of the Woman's Hour election phone-in special because of "illness". Chinny reckon Smiley
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:16:16 »

Looking at the car crash that Brexit is going to be this looks like being a good election to lose, let someone else carry the can of what is going to be an unholy fucking mess. I think I said this a few days ago, but the thought keeps coming back to me that the Tories might have stared into the abyss and decided to chuck it. I don't yet believe it, but every time I see or hear May, Rudd, Fallon, Johnson, it gets all the stronger.
I can see why you say that.  Like you, I don't actually believe it (why would May annihilate herself for the good of the next Tory leader?  She's an idiot not a selfless patriot) but you are right that it's probably a good one to lose.  A struggling Corbyn minority government could easily be followed by a huge Tory majority in a few years time.  Two frightening thoughts rolled into one.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:21:53 »

Diane Abbott pulled out of the Woman's Hour election phone-in special because of "illness". Chinny reckon Smiley
Or Corbyn told her to climb into a dark hole and don't surface until after Friday
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:23:53 »

I'm still very surprised at how much of a Horlicks Theresa May's team (previously the Conservatives) have made of this election but still think they're going to win and win by a very good margin. I've just put some bets on exactly that to soften the blow...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:37:55 by Nemo » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:58:48 »

I can see why you say that.  Like you, I don't actually believe it (why would May annihilate herself for the good of the next Tory leader?  She's an idiot not a selfless patriot) but you are right that it's probably a good one to lose.  A struggling Corbyn minority government could easily be followed by a huge Tory majority in a few years time.  Two frightening thoughts rolled into one.
Hoping for the other way round ...
I'm still very surprised at how much of a Horlicks Theresa May's team (previously the Conservatives) have made of this election but still think they're going to win and win by a very good margin. I've just put some bets on exactly that to soften the blow...
.. but have a horrible feeling Nemo's right. Everyone's getting carried away with the polls, which we all know they don't translate into seats, and while the Momentum (pun intended) may well be with Labour it's not enough to close the gap sufficiently.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 09:20:29 »

The thought of another 5 years of Tory austerity doesn't appeal at all, but I don't think Labour, unfortunately, has enough widespread appeal to defeat them.

Trying to console yourselves by thinking that the conservatives will fuck up Brexit, thereby enabling Labour to grow their vote sufficiently to win the election in 5 years time, shouldn't sweeten the pill at all. In 5 years time what will the NHS look like? Or other vital public services? How many more people will be living in poverty?

I've never voted Labour in a general election before, but they are the only credible opposition here. I've not read or heard anything to convince me that the tories are trustworthy, or have a better plan. Their campaign has been more about trying to discredit Corbyn than what they will do. Together with sound bites on being 'strong & stable' and 'making the tough decisions'. Unfortunately their 'tough decisions' only appear to be tough on people that aren't part of their elite club.

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 10:33:36 »

Having heard Johnson on the Today Programme earlier - bombastic, playground bully in full flow - I'm starting to wonder whether you may have a point.  Turned my stomach (& hopefully a few others as well).

Hoping for the other way round ..... but have a horrible feeling Nemo's right. Everyone's getting carried away with the polls, which we all know they don't translate into seats, and while the Momentum (pun intended) may well be with Labour it's not enough to close the gap sufficiently.

I'm pinning my hopes not on the Tories failing to win an outright majority.  As you say, that is probably asking too much.  But I would expect May's authority - and thus, her ability to drive through a damaging 'Hard Brexit' - will be irreparably damaged if her political gamble fails to generate the significant improvement in working majority that she was aiming for.

The Working Government Majority stood at 17 on the day she called the election.  If that figure does not top 50 on Friday morning, I think she will be deemed to have failed - and if it falls below 17, she will be finished.  After running one of the most disingenuous, evasive political campaigns in recent memory – in which she ran away from her own record and manifestly failed to address key issues head on – I’m hoping for the latter.  And it will be no more than she deserves.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #776 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 10:41:50 »

I'm pinning my hopes not on the Tories failing to win an outright majority.  As you say, that is probably asking too much.  But I would expect May's authority - and thus, her ability to drive through a damaging 'Hard Brexit' - will be irreparably damaged if her political gamble fails to generate the significant improvement in working majority that she was aiming for.
Here's hoping for a Hard Brexit.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 12:55:23 »

The thought of another 5 years of Tory austerity doesn't appeal at all, but I don't think Labour, unfortunately, has enough widespread appeal to defeat them.

Trying to console yourselves by thinking that the conservatives will fuck up Brexit, thereby enabling Labour to grow their vote sufficiently to win the election in 5 years time, shouldn't sweeten the pill at all. In 5 years time what will the NHS look like? Or other vital public services? How many more people will be living in poverty?

I've never voted Labour in a general election before, but they are the only credible opposition here. I've not read or heard anything to convince me that the tories are trustworthy, or have a better plan. Their campaign has been more about trying to discredit Corbyn than what they will do. Together with sound bites on being 'strong & stable' and 'making the tough decisions'. Unfortunately their 'tough decisions' only appear to be tough on people that aren't part of their elite club.

I'm with you. Annoyingly my local MP is Tory and is actually quite good but I just can't vote for them in the GE so I am thinking Labour now.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 15:48:43 »

I wonder how many voters will be in a quandry in the voting booths on Thursday, along the lines of:-

I'll be a few quid better off per year under the Tories, but Stephen Hawking, arguably one of the most intelligent people on the planet, has endorsed Labour. Shit, what do I do.

I like that in some countries people get their kids to put the ballot paper in the box. Fixed terms and the cyclic nature of the party political merry go round are maybe not conducive to people prioritizing the future of their children's children when voting.

Dystopia. Coming soon.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 15:54:03 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 17:08:36 »

This kind of sums up my feelings about the whole fucking shebang....

http://twohundredpercent.net/podcast-96-general-election-special/
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: