Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195845 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 08:58:15 »

Internment did precisely that when used in N Ireland - "the best recruiting sergeant the IRA ever had"

That's it then,  let them roam the streets free to slaughter innocent civilians. Better that than upset the little luvvies
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 09:01:00 »

Internment did precisely that when used in N Ireland - "the best recruiting sergeant the IRA ever had"

Out of curiosity Pauld what do you think is the best course of action?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 09:05:20 »

Well they're certainly not going to radicalise anymore naive impressionable or law abiding Muslims

You do realise that even if it has a religious basis (it doesn't) ISIS represents only a small part of Islam (Sunni - they hate the Shia probably as much as they hate us), its like saying that due to the issues with the IRA and Catholics we should intern any Christians irrelevant of which ever strand of that overarching ideology they adhere to?
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 09:08:05 »

Eh - how come we just don`t hear anything from Diane Abbot on recent events - it seems the Labour Party has turned into a one man band??

Bathtime
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 09:14:56 »

You do realise that even if it has a religious basis (it doesn't) ISIS represents only a small part of Islam (Sunni - they hate the Shia probably as much as they hate us), its like saying that due to the issues with the IRA and Catholics we should intern any Christians irrelevant of which ever strand of that overarching ideology they adhere to?

Did I say round them all up? No I didn't, what I did say was those known to the intelligence services the hate preachers the sympathisers.
I understand the difference between the tribal factions of Islam and again I didn't say it was all Muslims, but what you're saying is vet all Muslims and if you're Sunni you're out.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 09:21:19 »

Eh - how come we just don`t hear anything from Diane Abbot on recent events - it seems the Labour Party has turned into a one man band??
because she's busy filming the new season of Bo Selecta?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 09:21:28 »

Say what you like about Corbyn being soft on terrorists, at least he's not actively enabling them.

Quite.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 09:41:03 »

That's it then,  let them roam the streets free to slaughter innocent civilians. Better that than upset the little luvvies
Well, yes, clearly that's the only alternative to a strategy that's been tried before and been proven to make matters worse not better. :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity Pauld what do you think is the best course of action?

I'd suggest that the intelligence services and police work together to prosecute those who commit or are conspiring to commit criminal actions. It's called the rule of law, it's how democracies function.

Knee-jerk reactions to terrorist threats server only to strengthen terrorists. They want us to dismantle our democracy.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 10:41:13 »

Well, yes, clearly that's the only alternative to a strategy that's been tried before and been proven to make matters worse not better. :rolleyes:
I'd suggest that the intelligence services and police work together to prosecute those who commit or are conspiring to commit criminal actions. It's called the rule of law, it's how democracies function.

Knee-jerk reactions to terrorist threats server only to strengthen terrorists. They want us to dismantle our democracy.

Yes let the police prosecute them, then what? Put them in a prison with access to all other fundamentalists and impressionables. The wheel keeps turning.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 10:43:58 »

'Round 'em up, stick 'em in a field and bomb the b*stards!'

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 11:03:37 »

because she an incompetent disaster.

Tories doing the same with May and Boris.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 11:23:17 »

High risk stuff from Corbyn this morning, saying May should resign over cuts to Police numbers.  Risks accusations of politicising tragic, recent events.  But strategically, could do huge damage to May's 'strong & stable' brand just days before the vote.  Calculation, possibly, that he has little to lose so might as well go for it.  It's going to be an interesting - and ugly - final few days.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 11:24:50 »

It was also high risk from the Tories at the outset in pinning so much of their message to the personality & attributes of the party leader.  The winner will get to write the history, so only time will tell which gamble was the best-advised.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 11:31:02 »

Just Catholics rather than all Christians to be interned?  Oh, that is what actually happened and it fuelled the terror rather than controlled it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 11:45:02 »

High risk stuff from Corbyn this morning, saying May should resign over cuts to Police numbers.  Risks accusations of politicising tragic, recent events.  But strategically, could do huge damage to May's 'strong & stable' brand just days before the vote.  Calculation, possibly, that he has little to lose so might as well go for it.  It's going to be an interesting - and ugly - final few days.

If there wasn't an election on he would say the same and many would agree, as for politicising I think May started that process when she started waving her dick about yesterday, making nonsensical comments about the internet (again) and trying to deflect the fact that this has all happened on her watch, both as PM and Home Secretary.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: