Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 198252 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 12:24:51 »

To be honest,I've got friends and family members who feel exactly the way you do towards Corbyn and the Labour party.

We have to remember the only way that conflict was resolved in NI  was through all parties sitting down and talking together.

The situation with Isis is completely different.
I just don't believe the Tory party with their disastrous foreign policy and cuts to the police and security services are best equipped to deal with it.

Here's what you need to know about Tory foreign policy....

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/05/31/libyas-link-to-manchesters-tragedy/
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 12:29:45 »

Suppose on that basis we all need to read and accept with whats written in the Daily Star or on Facebook then.

No. You could read each party's manifesto and actually listen to the candidates, instead of reading (or listening to) a biased version from a media platform.

Oh and I think you meant The Morning Star. The Daily Star is owned by the Express Group and not known for any left wing leanings.

It's All Good..............
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 12:30:14 »

To be honest,I've got friends and family members who feel exactly the way you do towards Corbyn and the Labour party.

We have to remember the only way that conflict was resolved in NI  was through all parties sitting down and talking together.

I just don't believe the Tory party with their disastrous foreign policy and cuts to the police and security services are best equipped to deal with it.

This is part of the problem, you have the Tories, on which you are correct above, and you have Labour that are saying the right things about the Police (even though they don't understand how they are paying for it).

However, when you have the Labour leader stating in the recent past that he disagrees completely with the governments shoot to kill policy, something that addressed and ended the attacks within 8 minutes last night, it is a difficult to feel confident voting for either.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 12:35:54 »

We have to remember the only way that conflict was resolved in NI  was through all parties sitting down and talking together.

The problem is you couldn't sit down and discuss it with ISIS, there is no negotiating with them and I'm not sure why Corbyn thinks he could. The only question is whether we continue to be involved in the military intervention against them or leave others to it. Even if we stayed away we are a Western country thus everything they despise so would always be a target regardless. Iraq was Labours 'foreign policy' so don't see them any more equipped either.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 12:42:19 »

Seriously, do we really have so many soft liberal bastards in these parts 😂. Macdonald, he's a fucking Marxist if ever their was one, of course Corbyn has his hand in he communist camp. And you accuse me of talking bollocks. In light of the terrorist attacks you should be ashamed to associate with 'friend of the terrorist' Corbyn, and yes he absolutely did say that himself.
Jesus wept, this country is going down the shitter thanks to these cunty 'tolerant' liberals. Make no mistake, labour are not the Labour Party anymore.

Utter drivel.

It's All Good..............
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 13:12:31 »

The thing with politics is many people's voting intention changes on the actual day of the vote itself. I will admit to usually voting Tory (although I'm also responsible for voting Blair in). A couple of months ago it was unthinkable to vote Labour in its current format, although again I will admit leading up to the election Corbyn has easily been the better candidate against May who at times looks a little lost. Although for all we know that could just be the public side of her and behind closed doors she's completely a different person. Up until Thursday I was siding towards Labour as I think they have a more attractive manifesto, whether they can make the numbers hold up remains to be seen. However the last few days I find myself sliding away from Corbyn purely because I think his softly approach to terrorism is dangerous. His idea of sitting down with the likes of ISIS for talks will never happen. These are people that behead you, they won't be interested in tea and biscuits. So the next few days are crucial for all parties in my opinion. Yes the NHS is an important issue as is of course Brexit, but for me the party that convince me the most in the next few days that they have a clear and hard plan on how they will eradicate terrorism will secure my vote.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 13:29:45 »

I'm no Tory
No need to assert that, you've already amply demonstrated you're considerably further to the right than the Tories
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 14:03:04 »

Utter bollocks. Having a backbone has nothing to do with having 'right wing' sympathies.
Although in this day and age, the far right is much more palatable than the far left. Liberalism has taken an extreme turn, just looking at the Labour Party proves that, a typical centre left party harbouring marxists, anti-semites and blatant racists (Dianne Abbot).
I don't like some of the Tory policies, and I would typically be a labour voter, but I'm not going to vote for a gutless cunt like Corbyn. Seriously, what a bunch of chicken chested liberals have we turned into in this country 😂
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 14:03:49 »

soft on terrorism..

I don't believe he will be, but we need a different approach as this one isn't working.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 14:28:31 »

soft on terrorism..

I don't believe he will be, but we need a different approach as this one isn't working.
Exactly this

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 14:46:00 »

Corbyn may not be what you personally look for in a politician, but when you consider many of his actions and causes over the past 40 years it's clear that he is most certainly not a gutless cunt:

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/jeremy-corbyn-was-right-so-many-times.html
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 14:47:03 »

Utter bollocks. Having a backbone has nothing to do with having 'right wing' sympathies.
No, but supporting far right political parties does make you a far right supporter. That's kind of how words work.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 14:56:17 »

You consider the conservatives 'far right' 😂. I may aswell accuse you of being extreme left? The problem now is people don't associate others as off centre, you are making the mistake of branding people 'far' this & that.
Voting Tory doesn't not mean I value their policies, as far as I'm concerned they are the best of a very bad bunch. I will be using my vote tactically, to keep labour out of power as imo they would be an utter disaster for this country, and I find members of the current Labour Party pretty disgraceful characters. A vote for Corbyn is a vote for being shafted by the EU, a vote for leniency on terrorists, a vote for a man who clearly hates the British history and would love for the UK to dissolve, a vote for a future that I believe puts our children's future in danger.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 15:05:32 »

You consider the conservatives 'far right' 😂.
No, I said you were. I said "you've already amply demonstrated you're considerably further to the right than the Tories" on the basis of your support on here for Marine Le Pen, a far-right politician, and leader of the far-right Front National. Both of whom are considerably further to the right than the Tories. Due to being far-right. Like you.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 15:06:47 »

I feel like a diagram is required here Paul

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: