Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195842 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 11:44:25 »

Project Fear obviously didn't turn voters as they all voted to leave

That's a bold statement, and obviously untrue, well the last bit anyway..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 11:46:25 »

Its been like this since day 1. The tories have never tried to sell their own policies they have just tried to pick faults with Labour's policies. And when they can't do that they just make shit up knowing their supporters will eat it all up.

Admittedly Labour have bee drawn into the petty school yard squabbling but i don't think they had a choice.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 11:49:58 by Chubbs » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 12:49:57 »

That's a bold statement, and obviously untrue, well the last bit anyway..

Probably worded badly, should have noted it was all the brexiteers who whinged to me about 'project Fear' at great length before the referendum all still voted to leave and now see no problem with Mrs Mays election campaign approach.

Its still a funny old world though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 13:35:53 »

Corbyn has now agreed to take part in tonight's debate, having originally said he wouldn't unless May did (Amber Rudd is representing the Tories, which is an interesting choice as probably the most prominent remaining Tory remainer).

A very interesting move with the polls closing, admire the bravery of it. I'm impressed with how Labour have handled the election campaign so far, and Corbyn's definitely improving as a media presence, although it may just be in comparison with how the Conserv...sorry, Theresa May's team have made a truly spectacular hash of it at every step.

Still think Labour will lose seats mind, mostly because of the significant UKIP vote going to the Tories.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 13:40:41 by Nemo » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 13:41:15 »

Corbyn has now agreed to take part in tonight's debate, having originally said he wouldn't unless May did (Amber Rudd is representing the Tories, which is an interesting choice as probably the most prominent remaining Tory remainer).

A very interesting move with the polls closing, admire the bravery of it. I'm impressed with how Labour have handled the election campaign so far, and Corbyn's definitely improving as a media presence, although it may just be in comparison with how the Conserv...sorry, Theresa May's team have made a truly spectacular hash of it at every step.

Still think Labour will lose seats mind.

Jeremy had to cancel his Swindon appearance at the last minute in order to get to Cambridge. Angela Rayner stepped in.

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 13:41:29 »

Still think Labour will lose seats mind.

Corbyn has nothing to lose. He's growing in popularity despite the media and fleet Street campaign against him whilst May is on the slide. He's taking a gamble and why not? Could go in his favour.

I'm in the mindset that I've never felt more certain about voting labour. Don't know about anyone else but Corbyn grows on me more and more by the day. May appalls me more and more by the day. Hiding from the public and debate despite calling this election.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 13:44:26 by Arriba » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 13:44:31 »

Jeremy had to cancel his Swindon appearance at the last minute in order to get to Cambridge. Angela Rayner stepped in.
Smokescreen. He heard jayo was going to be there and legged it Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 13:47:45 »

Corbyn has nothing to lose. He's growing in popularity despite the media and fleet Street campaign against him whilst May is on the slide. He's taking a gamble and why not? Could go in his favour.

Absolutely, you can see why he'd do it, and changing his mind at the last minute will put a lot of pressure on May to follow suit. Of course, if you were cynical, you might think that Corbyn may have decided to take the risk ages ago and been practicing for weeks but left announcing to the last minute to leave the Tories up shit creek.

Not sure Corbyn is the most Machiavellian politician around, but it's a thought...
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:22:08 »

Heard a rumour, so don't shoot the messenger.
To pay for the free tuition, child care costs and free NHS parking council tax will rise considerably, figures quoted being 100-200%rise all down to garden size and value of property. Corbyn apparently didn't want this leaked as it won't prove popular. I don't have the first fucking clue who to vote for, I can only imagine what the youngsters for whom this is their first ever vote must be thinking.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:35:00 »

To pay for the free tuition, child care costs and free NHS parking council tax will rise considerably, figures quoted being 100-200%rise all down to garden size and value of property. Corbyn apparently didn't want this leaked as it won't prove popular. I don't have the first fucking clue who to vote for, I can only imagine what the youngsters for whom this is their first ever vote must be thinking.

I heard this at the gym earlier and had no idea what on earth it was about, so have looked it up and apparently it was in the Sun today.

Sounds like replacing council tax with a land value tax, which from the Labour manifesto is kinda mentioned in passing as something they'd look at, not a full commitment and not part of the costings they've done (whether or not you trust them).

If it *was* to be implemented, it would effectively mean a massive rise if you owned expensive land (say, in Corbyn's own constituency in Islington) but probably not a big change either way for most people outside of London, depending of course on the rate it was set at.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:35:27 »

The youngsters who don't own any property and probably won't be able to until they're in their mid-30s? Probably not a lot.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:38:48 »

The youngsters who don't own any property and probably won't be able to until they're in their mid-30s? Probably not a lot.

Sorry didn't make myself clear.
I only meant in relation to the tit for tat squabbling, the he said she said. Not the land tax bit,  just this election in general. Very divisive.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:39:08 »

I heard this at the gym earlier and had no idea what on earth it was about, so have looked it up and apparently it was in the Sun today.
So, basically it's not actually true then.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:40:20 »

Its not a rumour, its a lie that was peddled out by the Tories via Boris and lapped up by their supporters in the press earlier in the week and is total bollocks! In short its suggesting that land be taxed based upon its potential development value (I don't know the detail but would suspect its trying to stop developers land banking), however as the development of gardens is contrary to national planning policy and thus in the majority of cases highly unlikely to get planning permission it essentially doesn't have a development value.

It would also mean someone doing a planning appraisal on every piece of land in the country to try and come up with its development value, which would mean a lot of work for consultants like me - sounds like a good idea then!

Just one of many lies being peddled by the evermore desperate Tory machine..... http://www.huckmagazine.com/perspectives/opinion-perspectives/theresa-may-secret-plan-keep-britain-european-union/

I don't think they can lose, but I do wonder whether they are not going to do nearly as well as she thought they would....
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:45:59 by horlock07 » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 14:40:48 »

The policy could work, if for no other reason than to bring a halt to the crazy property price surges you see - nobody will want their house to go up in value if their taxes go up at the same rate.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: