Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 198302 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 20:53:00 »

Is Paxman always a massive cunt?

I mean the best thing that you can say for him is that he's an absolute horror to all sides. Not really what I want to see to inform me on anything but it does reveal how politicians react under pressure.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 20:58:02 »

Is Paxman always a massive cunt?

To be fair he is on University challenge too
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 08:16:24 »

Paxman let May answer his questions for a lot longer than he did Corbyn before butting in or talking over them... he was tough on both though.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 08:19:11 »

Paxman let May answer his questions for a lot longer than he did Corbyn before butting in or talking over them... he was tough on both though.

I liked the fact that May got longer. It showed how fucking clueless she is. Sound bite after sound bite...

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #574 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 08:27:44 »

I didn't watch (and wouldn't) but when I accidentally catch May on TV I love how she comes across a nasty, clueless, lying old bag.

It seems no matter what she says she resents being asked (almost as though it's beneath her), hates having to answer and doesn't believe a word she's saying.

Oh well, if that cunt wins, then maybe the country can descend into chaos sooner and positive change can be affected.

And Paxman is one of the only people who's great at interviewing politicians. I love how he tries to make them crack and doesn't give a fuck.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 08:35:36 »

Watched the interview yesterday, Corbyn came across as Corbyn, May came across a May, the only real loser was actually Paxman who came across as a busted flush and I suggest added further fuel to the fire that he is pointless in introducing such events these days as he has just become a self absorbed caricature of his former perceived self.

Can we just vote tomorrow and stop wasting time on this charade, after the fact that despite the dire damage being done to schools, the NHS, the disabled and unhealthy and the financial position of the elderly the Tory vote will remain as it is and people just obviously don't care about such matters so the other parties are just piddling in the wind. Its getting boring now - sadly.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 10:46:51 »

Those that are pro Labour thought May came across bad, and vice versa.  I am still undecided and from what I have seen no performance has helped me get closer to a decision.  They both came across as full of shit on different subjects..

I still think they should spend more time talking about what they can bring to the people rather than slagging the opposition off.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 10:52:18 »

I still think they should spend more time talking about what they can bring to the people rather than slagging the opposition off.
Maybe that's because they haven't got much to offer?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:02:56 »

Had another Tory leaflet drop today and again its all vote for us or you will get Corbyn and vote for me, I am Theresa Mays candidate, it barely mentions the Tories just May and if she is their most valuable canvassing asset we are more fucked than I ever believed as she is a useless conniving bitch (in my opinion of course).

What makes it most bizarre round here is that its solely a Tory v. Lib Dem race (its Farrons seat) as Labour don't get a sniff (as shown by the fact they seem to have put up a 12 year old boy as their candidate http://www.southlakeslabour.org.uk/ge2017 ), yet all the Tory stuff just bangs on about Corbyn!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:05:36 »

Seen Corbyn getting a bit of roasting for not knowing the cost of Labour's childcare policy, and trying to use his iPad to find out. What's actually wrong with that? Not as if he would have to cost everything off the top of his head if he does come into power? Better to check so that he doesn't get it wrong.

Meanwhile, the Tory manifesto (which is not costed like Labours is) doesn't get any questions?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:42:03 »

Seen Corbyn getting a bit of roasting for not knowing the cost of Labour's childcare policy, and trying to use his iPad to find out. What's actually wrong with that? Not as if he would have to cost everything off the top of his head if he does come into power? Better to check so that he doesn't get it wrong.

Meanwhile, the Tory manifesto (which is not costed like Labours is) doesn't get any questions?

I can entirely understand the bias shown by the print media, the main stream papers and their proprietors tend to historically have been very right wing in their outlook and now with the Tories proposing to drop Leveson 2 plus other proposed controls on them it makes entire sense for them to back May to the hilt.

What I struggle to really get my head round is why the BBC are giving the Tories such an easy ride, although the writing has been on the wall since they failed to report anything regarding Spanker John.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:53:09 »

I can entirely understand the bias shown by the print media, the main stream papers and their proprietors tend to historically have been very right wing in their outlook and now with the Tories proposing to drop Leveson 2 plus other proposed controls on them it makes entire sense for them to back May to the hilt.

What I struggle to really get my head round is why the BBC are giving the Tories such an easy ride, although the writing has been on the wall since they failed to report anything regarding Spanker John.

The BBC, save for perhaps a short period in the early 70's has always been the mouthpiece of the establishment, which is always likely to mean a Tory bias.

You're more likely to find decent questioning journalism on ITV.  Someone like John Pilger would prove the point
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 13:09:41 »

Had another Tory leaflet drop today and again its all vote for us or you will get Corbyn and vote for me, I am Theresa Mays candidate, it barely mentions the Tories just May and if she is their most valuable canvassing asset we are more fucked than I ever believed as she is a useless conniving bitch (in my opinion of course).

What makes it most bizarre round here is that its solely a Tory v. Lib Dem race (its Farrons seat) as Labour don't get a sniff (as shown by the fact they seem to have put up a 12 year old boy as their candidate http://www.southlakeslabour.org.uk/ge2017 ), yet all the Tory stuff just bangs on about Corbyn!
Probably raising the spectre that a vote for the Lib Dems will actually risk you getting a Labour government.  A few will adjust their voting to avoid that, so they target those people.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #583 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 11:07:11 »

I think we've reached a new low in politics. I've watched a lot of the debates, questions etc and its depressing. May's main selling point appears to be "vote for me, I'm less shit than Corbyn", which is actually questionable. To use football parlance, she's playing the man, not the ball. The press appear to be giving her quite an easy ride and helping dig up everything about Corbyn.
It looks like this is turning the British public, much like project fear in the Brexit vote.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 11:18:50 »

I think we've reached a new low in politics. I've watched a lot of the debates, questions etc and its depressing. May's main selling point appears to be "vote for me, I'm less shit than Corbyn", which is actually questionable. To use football parlance, she's playing the man, not the ball. The press appear to be giving her quite an easy ride and helping dig up everything about Corbyn.
It looks like this is turning the British public, much like project fear in the Brexit vote.

Indeed its becoming an entirely pointless campaign as the Tories don't seem to be bothering with policies, and when they do try they majorly fuck it up!

Project Fear obviously didn't turn voters as they all voted to leave but I see where you are coming from with the statement, the funny thing is that from personal experience those who made a big deal about project fear being plain wrong are the self same lapping up the Tory campaign...

Its a funny old world.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: