Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195775 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 10:38:41 »

I don't agree, not raising tuition fees was an absolutely key reason I voted for them.

Last election I spoiled my paper as I couldn't find anyone representing enough of my views. You don't HAVE to vote for someone.

Frankly anyone not voting labour because "they don't like Corbyn" is a bit simple. Don't like his policies, fair enough.

I can't stand Corbyn, however the policies Labour have put forward are the best option. He along with Abbott and Mcdonald are stopping me voting labour.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:00:07 »

Whilst the conspiracy theories accusing May of being behind the attacks in Manchester are nothing short of ridiculous, I do feel that it will cause some of the " yet undecided" voters to distance themselves from Corbyns slightly more relaxed immigration policy.

I haven't seen the theories but human beings love a conspiracy don't they!

I must confess my cynical nature does think that this will help the Tories, being spun as the party to control such matters despite it happening on their watch..... People will link immigration to EU immigration which is totally irrelevant in this case.

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:02:21 »

I must confess my cynical nature does think that this will help the Tories, being spun as the party to control such matters despite it happening on their watch..... People will link immigration to EU immigration which is totally irrelevant in this case.

Which highlights how stupid people are. The same sort who think Corbyn is an IRA supporter.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:09:39 »

I have no doubt whatsoever that our old friend Dosser will think it's a conspiracy.

Corbyn has brought the IRA issue on himself, could have been swiftly dealt with
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:47:28 »

in security terms, a failure to reach an agreement would mean our co-operation in the fight against crime and terrorism would be weakened

Theresa May making a link between getting a trade agreement with the EU and co-operation on terrorism in her Article 50 letter to the EU. 

Perhaps she would care to explain what she meant?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:57:56 »

I can't stand Corbyn, however the policies Labour have put forward are the best option. He along with Abbott and Mcdonald are stopping me voting labour.
You're right.  This holy trinity are effective political operators (and share some decent values) but they are rooted in 70s thinking and their superannuated political baggage is a joke making them a sitting target for the Tory press as well as the tiresome but effective "May" election campaign.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 12:43:17 »

You're right.  This holy trinity are effective political operators (and share some decent values) but they are rooted in 70s thinking and their superannuated political baggage is a joke making them a sitting target for Tory nearly all thepress as well as the tiresome but effective "May" election campaign.

Apologies but couldn't resist the correction.

Tbh, Abbott made one error on figures on TV. How many errors has May/Hunt/Boris/etc made? Labour make one error and every cunt jumps on it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 13:00:18 »

Whilst I understand where you're coming from, Theresa May is as tight as 1/20 on to be Prime Minister.  So unless you live in their constituencies, Corbyn and co will not be troubling you. 

The difference between a terrifying, unchecked huge Tory majority, and a much smaller one will be significant...I'd be advocating any decent local candidate best placed to dent that majority.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 13:01:45 »

One thing that gets me is this "an I.D was found"  This seems to happen all the time. The Berlin attack, they "found" an I.D card. The same in Manchester. Now i'm not being funny but, if we were to blow ourselves up, there's little chance of your i.D surviving and then even more greatly, why would you take your I.D with you anyway? What if you got foiled and were arrested? What if you survived the impact (re:Berlin) and fled? It's nonsensical, people who say "They wanted to be known" bullshit. They aren't thinking "oh i'll just put my I.D down over here conveniently for someone to find, because after all i'm a member of a small terrorist group. They'll write a wonderful obituary."

Sorry, those things always give me red flag and that's where questions need to be asked. Damage limitation and all that but it wouldn't surprise me if their were higher power working to control the masses. These things always happen when the powers are starting to lose their grip on control and another "manufactured bad thing" happens.

Of course it is absolutely terrible for all the people involved directly that have lost lives. Whether a generated act of terror or a manufactured plot by something else, the targeting of a group of people whose demographic was mainly children is a very big low.

If the so called guy was known to security services, why weren't they monitoring him and tracking his every move? This makes me feel like a broken record because the same questions get asked every single time. You don't wait for something terrible to happen then make the capture. Yes it's difficult to arrest but if you are a top end authority with higher powers than the police and you suspect a terror plot then you detain them. Furthermore you keep them under 24/7 surveillance and put them into a new society where the temptations are not as strong. i.e not a fucking big city. You have them limited to travel curfews and other restrictions until they can prove that they have been "unradicalised" if you must.

That is of course if it isn't a cover up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 13:14:07 »

If the so called guy was known to security services, why weren't they monitoring him and tracking his every move? This makes me feel like a broken record because the same questions get asked every single time. You don't wait for something terrible to happen then make the capture. Yes it's difficult to arrest but if you are a top end authority with higher powers than the police and you suspect a terror plot then you detain them. Furthermore you keep them under 24/7 surveillance and put them into a new society where the temptations are not as strong. i.e not a fucking big city. You have them limited to travel curfews and other restrictions until they can prove that they have been "unradicalised" if you must.
F**k me, it's Katie Hopkins Smiley Can't believe you're seriously suggesting this but, leaving aside the dismantling of democracy/rule of law that would involve, it just won't work. Because there's 1000s of perfectly innocent people who have strayed across the radar of the police and security services, because they went to a meeting out of curiosity, or had a mate who was radicalised (but weren't themselves), or attended a mosque that unwittingly played host to a radical cleric. You can't arrest/restrict all of these people, unless you're seriously advocating mass internment of 1000s of innocent people? Even if you do want to abandon the whole concept of rule of law in a free society (which would utterly delight ISIS/AQ), you only need to look at how badly the much smaller scale internment of Republicans backfired in N Ireland in the 70s to see it's just plain counter productive.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 14:19:12 by pauld » Logged
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 14:05:28 »

One thing that gets me is this "an I.D was found"  This seems to happen all the time. The Berlin attack, they "found" an I.D card. The same in Manchester. Now i'm not being funny but, if we were to blow ourselves up, there's little chance of your i.D surviving and then even more greatly, why would you take your I.D with you anyway? What if you got foiled and were arrested? What if you survived the impact (re:Berlin) and fled? It's nonsensical, people who say "They wanted to be known" bullshit. They aren't thinking "oh i'll just put my I.D down over here conveniently for someone to find, because after all i'm a member of a small terrorist group. They'll write a wonderful obituary."

Sorry, those things always give me red flag and that's where questions need to be asked. Damage limitation and all that but it wouldn't surprise me if their were higher power working to control the masses. These things always happen when the powers are starting to lose their grip on control and another "manufactured bad thing" happens.

Of course it is absolutely terrible for all the people involved directly that have lost lives. Whether a generated act of terror or a manufactured plot by something else, the targeting of a group of people whose demographic was mainly children is a very big low.

That is of course if it isn't a cover up.

ID is carried for allowing access to the afterlife and the virgins that are waiting for them.
On the radio today they said there are 600+ people on the watch list, how do we monitor that many people movements 24/7?
I'm not a trump supporter but don't you think his comments "if a bag of skittles had one poisonous one that would kill you in it, would you buy the bag" have any sort of reasoning? Who are we allowing across our border?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 14:11:11 »

Who are we allowing across our border?

As he was born here that's not really relevant in this case,too many seem to think that leaving the EU will reduce immigration from the Asian sub-continent but the two are entirely unrelated. You will have to remind me who was the long serving Home Secretary recently who singularly failed to make any impact upon immigration levels, yet we are supposed to believe what she says now?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 14:18:42 »

ID is carried for allowing access to the afterlife and the virgins that are waiting for them.
I'm not fully up on the doctrine, but I'm pretty sure they don't do ID checks at the gates of the afterlife Smiley
On the radio today they said there are 600+ people on the watch list, how do we monitor that many people movements 24/7?
More like 6000 but your point is still (all the more) valid
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 14:52:31 »

One thing that gets me is this "an I.D was found"  This seems to happen all the time. The Berlin attack, they "found" an I.D card. The same in Manchester.

Is that how they identified in Manchester, not seen it reported? It does seem odd that they knew so quickly who did it, yet nearly 2 days after the event potential victims are still missing, despite the police having spoken to all the relatives of both the deceased and those in hospital?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 14:56:03 »

Is that how they identified in Manchester, not seen it reported?
US media reporting (thanks to US intel leaking like a sieve) that he had a bank card in his pocket. Which unless you've gone out of your way to clean yourself of ID, most of us would.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: