Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195868 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 22:15:01 »

Christ on a bike.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 09:32:21 »

The Conservative party are proposing to abandon the Leveson reforms which they agreed on a cross-party basis in 2011, and to cancel Part 2 of the inquiry which would investigate police corruption and the cover-ups of criminality at newspapers.

Their manifesto pledges to repeal the “Section 40” low cost arbitration incentive and, some might say, deny ordinary people affected by illegal press abuse access to justice.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 10:59:22 »

I was actually rather pleasantly surprised by the tory manifesto.  Perhaps less bad than I feared would be more accurate.  Also it pandered to one of my pet hates, universal winter fuel allowance.

What staggers me is that her campaign is managing to get even more presidential.  That such a mediocre person believes, quite possibly correctly, that focussing solely on her personal attributes is an election winning strategy is just so depressing.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 13:40:21 »

The Conservative party are proposing to abandon the Leveson reforms which they agreed on a cross-party basis in 2011, and to cancel Part 2 of the inquiry which would investigate police corruption and the cover-ups of criminality at newspapers.

Their manifesto pledges to repeal the “Section 40” low cost arbitration incentive and, some might say, deny ordinary people affected by illegal press abuse access to justice.

And people wonder why the Mail, Express Sun and others pander to them so much!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #439 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:04:39 »

Can somebody put me straight on something in the Tory manifesto. If I own a home jointly with my wife say worth £300k and one of us goes into a home or has home help. They stay there for a while and the bills rack up. Their £150k equity becomes £100k. The survivor would then have to stump up £50k or sell the house. Is this right?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:14:10 »

No, you won't be forced to sell, but the local authority may take a legal charge over the property under a 'deferred payment' arrangement.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:17:56 »

Can somebody put me straight on something in the Tory manifesto. If I own a home jointly with my wife say worth £300k and one of us goes into a home or has home help. They stay there for a while and the bills rack up. Their £150k equity becomes £100k. The survivor would then have to stump up £50k or sell the house. Is this right?

The Tories should introduce voluntary euthanasia as part of their policy....although the Mail would probably veto it on the grounds that it's got EU in the word.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:20:24 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #442 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:33:28 »

No, you won't be forced to sell, but the local authority may take a legal charge over the property under a 'deferred payment' arrangement.
OK ta. I'd imagine equity release schemes will do well out of this as will care homes etc unless they regulate it and even then.....
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 19:54:16 »

The Tories should introduce voluntary euthanasia as part of their policy....although the Mail would probably veto it on the grounds that it's got EU in the word.

Indeed...

Their headline tomorrow is 'Terrorists. Brown skin. So even we'd prefer EU than Asia'

Has anyone seen my coat?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 17:19:44 »

HIdden away in the Tory manifesto small print is that they'll be restricting funding for non-chemotherapy cancer treatments. Which will include additional drugs needed to cope with chemotherapy.

But people will still vote for them because they'll raise the income tax limit and save people £600 a year

Things get better but they never get good
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #445 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 10:44:21 »

Phillip May is CEO of a company with a 30% market share in house equity insurance.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2017/05/21/is-the-dementia-tax-a-plan-to-make-money-for-theresa-may-and-her-husband/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 11:36:07 »

Phillip May is CEO of a company with a 30% market share in house equity insurance.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2017/05/21/is-the-dementia-tax-a-plan-to-make-money-for-theresa-may-and-her-husband/
Retirement planning is a key part of the Tory manifesto. Mainly Theresa May's planning for her own very comfortable retirement.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 11:51:49 »

He will be very peeved as she has now contradicted everything that was said over the weekend and suggested that a cap will be imposed....

So that's what strong and stable looks like.

In other news she has also suggested this morning that one should vote for her as a new government would not have time to be prepared for the negotiations with the EU, they are getting evermore rattled....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #448 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 12:27:05 »

He will be very peeved as she has now contradicted everything that was said over the weekend and suggested that a cap will be imposed....

In other news she has also suggested this morning that one should vote for her as a new government would not have time to be prepared for the negotiations with the EU, they are getting evermore rattled....

The section of the manifesto dealing with data collection, protection and the way the internet will be regulated directly by a Tory government contradict each other.

As if being able to monitor our browsing history and pass it over to practically every central agency the government could think of wasn't enough, they would now like to censor what we can read or view.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 12:50:34 »

Part of the Tory Brexit negotiating team will be Boris Johnson, the same bloke who was heavily involved in West Ham getting use of the Olympic stadium from the state for barely anything. Alongside him will be Liam Fox, and David Davis.

Labour on the other hand will have ex QC and barrister Keir Starmer.

I know who I would prefer to have negotiating on our behalf.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: