Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195769 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:50:29 »

they're just trying it on as we pay 1/5 of the total budget
Untrue.  That neatly doubles the share of what the UK pays (before it receives anything back).

The EU budget for 2016 was £131 bn. at today's GBP/Euro exchange rate.

The Pre-Rebate UK contribution was £17 bn. or 13%.

The UK rebate however is deducted BEFORE the UK pays over one penny or cent (remember the side of the bus ignoring this?) so the actual gross UK payment is GBP 13bn. or about 10%.

For completeness, it would be fair to mention that the UK receives back £4bn. (eg agriculture, poorer regions, scientific research etc), leaving a net contribution of GBP 9bn.  
« Last Edit: Monday, May 1, 2017, 10:55:43 by RedRag » Logged
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 12:50:04 »

The EU can do one.

They're showing themselves up for what they are.

Think we will end up just walking away.

And as for the divorce bill- quite how an organisation that has not had accounts audited and signed off for 20 years know the liability of a member state is beyond me- they're just trying it on as we pay 1/5 of the total budget

The EU is being entirely reasonable, they have their own concerns not least the issues of the Irish border which will undermine the integrity of the single market. Regarding the budget we have agreed to pay the costs that the EU is requesting.

This is not the EU's fault but our own. It seems to have escaped many in this country that the EU actually wants us gone and wants a relatively quick and smooth Brexit. To put it bluntly it's our own PM who is currently being delusional.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 13:48:00 »

The French elections will have a big say on how the EU deals with the Brexit negotiations..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 13:53:19 »

The EU is being entirely reasonable, they have their own concerns not least the issues of the Irish border which will undermine the integrity of the single market. Regarding the budget we have agreed to pay the costs that the EU is requesting.

This is not the EU's fault but our own. It seems to have escaped many in this country that the EU actually wants us gone and wants a relatively quick and smooth Brexit. To put it bluntly it's our own PM who is currently being delusional.

The Mail who largely set the agenda for May, need to create the impression that this is a battle between Brittania and Johnny Foreigner... so the gullible are taken in.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:00:58 »

The Mail who largely set the agenda for May, need to create the impression that this is a battle between Brittania and Johnny Foreigner... so the gullible are taken in.

Yes, there has always been the "plant the UK flag" on an EU story mentality from the Mail and indeed right across all newspapers. Westminster, political parties and the media have never understood the EU project which is why they are being caught out in trying to understand Brexit negotiations..
« Last Edit: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:03:07 by ghanimah » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:04:45 »

Yes, there has always been the "plant the UK flag" on an EU story mentality from the Mail and indeed right across all newspapers. Westminster, political parties and the media have never understood the EU project which is why they are being caught out in trying to understand Brexit negotiations..

Best summed up by the quote from Rupert Murdoch.....

"When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:48:35 »

thought this might brighten up May Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/JaneyGodley/videos/10155380841194653/

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:49:58 »

Best summed up by the quote from Rupert Murdoch.....

"When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

Murdoch is being disingenuous there. The EU is precisely the sort of organisation Murdoch loves. It's easily amiable to rich men lobbying the bureaucracy while it is immune from the ballot box - Branson loves it for the same reason, and so does Mandelson

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/what-did-lord-m-do-on-holiday-hung-out-with-tycoons-and-ran-britain-1769945.html

If nothing else Murdoch is a pragmatist he is only interested in selling papers, media and making money - which is why the English Sun supported Brexit, but the Murdoch owned Times and Scottish Sun did not.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 1, 2017, 14:51:39 by ghanimah » Logged

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 18:01:46 »

Corbyn posted a photo of his cat on his Instagram today, that's why I'm voting for him.

(his cat also looks like him)
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 21:15:53 »

The French elections will have a big say on how the EU deals with the Brexit negotiations..
Hopefully the French will have the fortitude to vote for LePen. It's the best option they have to repair France, and it will do us a big favour in Brexit negotiations.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 21:45:12 »

Hopefully the French will have the fortitude to vote for LePen. It's the best option they have to repair France, and it will do us a big favour in Brexit negotiations.

Wow, you didn't just say that did you? You're either a WUM or a little silly if you think Le Pen will repair France...however Le Pen is mightier than the sword...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 06:26:21 »

And why is that exactly? I'm guessing you have bought into the left wing media BS that she is some sort of racist / xenophobe / islamaphobe blah blah.

You think this guy (Macron) is going to change anything that is going on in France? If you haven't done your homework, maybe his will help.....

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 08:35:17 »

And why is that exactly? I'm guessing you have bought into the left wing media BS that she is some sort of racist / xenophobe / islamaphobe blah blah.

You think this guy (Macron) is going to change anything that is going on in France? If you haven't done your homework, maybe his will help.....

If you took some time to research The Front Nationale, you see that it is a racist organisation. The fact that she's trying to distance herself from them now is a good indicator that she knows this too.

A right wing nutjob in the Whitehouse, the probability of a right wing nutjob in 10 Downing Street and another one running France? Sounds great......

Where are the mainstream left wing media outlets you mentioned?

It's All Good..............
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 08:38:45 »

Mr Molyneux seems to know the 'truth' about a lot of things, I bet he also finishes posts on Forum with FACT!

Whilst there is a certain clarity with the French veering to the right reflecting whyat is happening inn the UK, I am not altogether sure how Le Penn will help the UK, whilst having another Putin Poodle on the doorstep is not going to be that helpful to anyone?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 10:41:17 »

As you know i'm trying to take an interest in these elections and if there's one thing i hate when reading various party propaganda is when parties use others weakness to try to win votes as opposed to their own strengths.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: