Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195764 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 16:30:15 »

Yes I know its the Guardian but its quite an entertaining read....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/28/theresa-may-snowflakes-health-and-safety-election

I cannot get the image out of my head of Theresa May washing her hands with antiseptic wipes whenever she has to shake hands with one of us plebs!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 20:23:36 »

A good enough reason on its own to not vote Tory and stop the destruction of the NHS. For personal profit.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 20:46:41 »

A good enough reason on its own to not vote Tory and stop the destruction of the NHS. For personal profit.

I also find it curious that people with kids will seemingly vote for Grammar Schools.... I guess they think their kids will be going, when of course it's axiomatic that more won't. This seems to be May's sole policy pronouncement.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 16:24:01 »

This election is going to be largely about Brexit. I voted remain, but I am so pissed off with the rhetoric coming out of the EU with regards to punishing Britain for simply following the democratic will of the people. Realistically the conservatives are the only party who will stand up and fight for Britain. Lib dems don't want us to leave the EU and Corbyn is a complete wet idiot.
I would happily vote labour in a local election but under no circumstances would I want Corbyn to be our P.M. And let's face it, he won't be.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 23:32:16 »

Got into this earlier with a mate - his opinion is "well, I'm alright and so is my family, so I see no reason to change" - fucking look and you'll find them! Mind you, he wants healthcare provided through work and loves zero hours contract. Warned him his son will suffer with education cuts, but think I was on a hiding to nothing there.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 05:54:57 »

Got into this earlier with a mate - his opinion is "well, I'm alright and so is my family, so I see no reason to change" - fucking look and you'll find them! Mind you, he wants healthcare provided through work and loves zero hours contract. Warned him his son will suffer with education cuts, but think I was on a hiding to nothing there.

He loves zero hours contracts? Is he on one?

It's All Good..............
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 09:34:29 »

He loves zero hours contracts? Is he on one?

Nah, manages people who are.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 10:19:46 »

Nah, manages people who are.

Yeah. No wonder he loves them, makes his job easier. Doesn't matter I suppose that those he manages would struggle  to plan financially, or socially and would have problems securing credit, or even renting housing. I wonder if he'd be so enamoured if he was on a zero hours contract. Somehow I doubt it..

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 10:29:09 »

This election is going to be largely about Brexit. I voted remain, but I am so pissed off with the rhetoric coming out of the EU with regards to punishing Britain for simply following the democratic will of the people. Realistically the conservatives are the only party who will stand up and fight for Britain.

Realistically, it was the Tories that got us into this Brexit mess, and they haven't the first clue as to how to deal with it. I don't see any punishment rhetoric, coming from the EU, more like you can't have your cake and eat it attitude, which seems reasonable enough.

The next few years are going to be fun, as the Mail readers come to realise that sadly we can't go back to the 1950's.
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 10:59:41 »

Yeah. No wonder he loves them, makes his job easier. Doesn't matter I suppose that those he manages would struggle  to plan financially, or socially and would have problems securing credit, or even renting housing. I wonder if he'd be so enamoured if he was on a zero hours contract. Somehow I doubt it..

But it allows them to have the flexibility they want!

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 12:11:57 »

This is the stance that many hold today and it's completely selfish. These are the same people that say "Charity starts at home" and "Well it's not happening here so it doesn't matter" No, sorry, charity starts where it's needed and that will always be the case. If that so happens to be at home sometimes then so be it but people who say that as a given irk me. Yeah we start a war (or join one) in another country and strangely enough the people residing there flee. When they turn up here people then have the cheek to complain. So to surmise; If people had been happy to let charity be spent away and protested against a war in another country then maybe, just maybe those people fleeing would not be fleeing and turning up on our doorstep.

I understand your predicament though, I have similar "discussions" with family members. It's so disheartening yet the saddest thing is they don't seem capable of having a more open mind Hmmm...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 14:37:23 »

This election is going to be largely about Brexit. I voted remain, but I am so pissed off with the rhetoric coming out of the EU with regards to punishing Britain for simply following the democratic will of the people.

As a long-term leaver, I take the view the EU has simply stated the facts to a Tory government that is in denial about how the EU works - a party which has long been in denial about our relationship.

The EU is not being unreasonable - quite the opposite it's our own side that is clueless. Merkel et al is simply telling us to grow up about the realities of negotiations. I tend to agree with that.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 14:40:41 »

I would be interested if Hobodan were able to give just one example of any EU official talking about punishing the UK?
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 17:14:59 »

Oh come on 😂 Have you not seen Merkels latest statement about about the UK having unrealistic expectations? In fairness it's been a constant stream of EU officials spouting how the Uk are going to get a bad deal.
I never knew we had so many wet lefties around these parts......
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 17:49:13 »

I think it's unrealistic to expect the EU to bend over and be rogered by the uk? Which they've consistently said, since well before the referendum? It's just common sense, and failure to see that is typical of 90% of the morons who voted to leave

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: