Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 198094 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12:52:35 »

There are upcoming parish elections next week too
That's a right fucking con, that. The Tories deserve an absolute pasting at the ballot box for that alone, shocking piece of political shenannigans, would put Tammany Hall to shame
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12:57:12 »

France is the only other European country with nuclear weapons. If we need them, why doesn't anyone else, like Germany?

Germany is under NATO article 5 umbrella thus its defense relies on the nuclear capabilities of other NATO members, against say Russia. That Germany doesn't have nuclear weapons itself is due to very obvious historical reasons.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 13:04:24 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #197 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12:59:04 »

That's a right fucking con, that. The Tories deserve an absolute pasting at the ballot box for that alone, shocking piece of political shenannigans, would put Tammany Hall to shame

Everyone in Swindon now pays the Non-Parish charge! You couldn't make it up.

Nadine Watts (Labour again) for me, if she's standing. One of the hardest working councillors in Swindon.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #198 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 13:17:20 »

Everyone in Swindon now pays the Non-Parish charge! You couldn't make it up.

Nadine Watts (Labour again) for me, if she's standing. One of the hardest working councillors in Swindon.

I'm fairly sure there are 5 seats up for grabs where I vote and that means voting 5 times!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 13:45:55 »

I don't think we get one.. already established  parish
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 14:02:40 »

Our 2 MP's have been strangely quiet about this bit  of political corruption.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 14:05:33 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 15:59:48 »

Early days in the campaign and it looks as if the Tory approach is a May v Corbyn thing with minimal reference to policy thus far.
Looks as if Labour will be concentrating on policy. They just need to make sure that all of the sums add up when the manifesto appears to bolster credibility. I fear that their campaign needs to be a damage limitation exercise more than anything.

I read one of the right wing red tops and my god, the attacks on and belittling of Corbyn are relentless. If the letters pages are truly representative of society, then the future for this country is scary indeed.

Don't get the strong leader matters above all else thing.
The main attribute, surely, must be a desire to attain true equality, both social & economic, for all citizens regardless of status.

We've already witnessed attempted assaults on those who are "just about managing" which the current government now purports to represent.
Also fully expect the pensioners to be fucked over when the triple lock disappears in the Tory manifesto.

All of the parties have their faults, but there is nothing more nasty or vindictive than a full throttle Tory government.

As for Trident, the biggest nuclear threat is terrorist's getting hold of a dirty bomb where a conventional deterrent would be useless.
In a more conventional setting, if Russia or China chose to unleash their full nuclear arsenal then our few poxy missiles are not going to make much difference by way of effective deterrent.
Just bring everything under the auspices of NATO and concentrate on building an effictive missile defence system if required. The war on terror is waged in cyberspace, so spend the money there.

Better still, divert the billions of pounds wasted on shit that kills people to positive shit that could cure diseases and improve all of our lives.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 22:55:50 »

He's also said he'd like us to have no military. Total crackpot....
Really? When/where did he say that? Not saying he didn't, just curious if this is genuine
Given the lack of answer, I'm guessing this is the standard "I read it in the Mail so it must be true" horseshit then?
REDBUCK

« Reply #203 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 06:19:14 »

I'd be interested to know how you think this is achievable

"The main attribute, surely, must be a desire to attain true equality, both social & economic, for all citizens regardless of status"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #204 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 09:36:39 »

"The main attribute, surely, must be a desire to attain true equality, both social & economic, for all citizens regardless of status"

We could start by making the tax system fairer?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hmrc-tax-richest-high-net-worth-unit-public-accounts-committee-mps-a7547596.html
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 10:06:46 »

I don't think I have ever read anything anywhere on this forum that I so totally agree with as this.

Yes there are people who positively vote tory (out of self interest, a belief in the free market and in some instances a bizarre deference to their 'betters') but they are never enough to win an election.  The swing vote that wins elections for the Tories are the people who naturally want to vote labour but feel forced to vote Tory out of desperation.

I cannot imagine ever wanting to vote Labour or Lib Dem and ending up voting Tory out of desperation, spoil your paper but don't help them claim they have the 'will of the people'. Its all getting a bit close to Schrödinger's Tory as we had in 2015 where loads of people stated on social media and in the pre-election polls that they would never vote Tory... and then quietly did!

Owen Smith?  Angela Eagle?  Fuck me, inspire me. Inspire the younger generations, dont throw me a suit with another amorphous blob of politician in it.

I have always like a bit of Liz Kendall although that might be more to do with the fact she looks like a naughty teacher?

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 10:49:18 »

Oh bollocks. Was doing a reply but took so bloody long that the session timed out.  Suicide
Might try again later once regained the will to live and done some work.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #207 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 11:16:49 »

Repeat after me, "Strong and stable, strong and stable, strong and stable"

https://twitter.com/RossCrombie/status/857710963818156034
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 13:29:01 »

https://twitter.com/TMayCasebooks/status/857537472087175168

Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 16:12:50 »

Good to see football bringing down a Tory.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-39740178
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: