Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195835 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 09:27:31 »

Good stuff from the Goat. You sound as if you could be getting active politically  Hmmm

On the subject of foodbanks, apparently it's estimated that the changes to the welfare system arriving this April will increase their use, particularly amogst young people, Swindon is reckoned the 6th most likely place to see a significant rise in the country.

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:11:39 »

Much of this debate has been about those at the top ie May and Corbyn. What about the local situation here in Swindon and the 2 seats to be fought out. I find in particular Justin Tomlinson to be an odious little snake. His conduct and voting record is shameful. Do the Tory supporters on here have confidence in that man? Are they happy to vote for such an Individual? Or are local politics not as important in a general election?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:17:13 »

Much of this debate has been about those at the top ie May and Corbyn. What about the local situation here in Swindon and the 2 seats to be fought out. I find in particular Justin Tomlinson to be an odious little snake. His conduct and voting record is shameful. Do the Tory supporters on here have confidence in that man? Are they happy to vote for such an Individual? Or are local politics not as important in a general election?
(Not a Tory supporter, btw) What is it about JT's conduct/voting record that's provoked your ire arriba?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:19:37 »

In case anyone wants to look for themselves, here is Justin Tomlinson's voting record:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24870/justin_tomlinson/north_swindon

Also Robert Buckland's (South Swindon):

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24843/robert_buckland/south_swindon

Oddly, both followed the whip on more or less everything apart from investigating the Iraq War, which seems a weird thing to rebel on. Oh, and Buckland voted against equal marriage which is charming.

Same site has all sitting MPs if you live outside of Swindon. Get to know your local candidate - it's not just about who'd be the best PM, especially in an election like this one where all signs point to it not being especially close on that front.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:20:22 »

(Not a Tory supporter, btw) What is it about JT's conduct/voting record that's provoked your ire arriba?

His support for attacks on the disabled would be a good start.  Even IDS resigned....

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:22:03 »

His voting record speaks for itself. Reg has got there first with the most disgusting item. Then we have the wonga farce too of course. He often doesn't commit to giving an opinion until after events and has backtracked when decisions have become unpopular, amongst his own party even.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:28:21 by Arriba » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:25:57 »

Fair enough, I assumed it was Wonga and the record as Minister for Persecuting the Disabled, just curious if there was anything else. Buckland's my MP, not especially controversial AFAIK, just a careerist empty suit
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:33:42 »

His voting record speaks for itself. Reg has got there first with the most disgusting item. Then we have the wonga farce too of course. He often doesn't commit to giving an opinion until after events and has backtracked when decisions have become unpopular, amongst his own party even.

The clip of Tomlinson blubbing when having to apologise to the House over his Wonga dealings was one of the most nauseous things I've seen in many a year.

The fact that he got £30K from the Supermarine fella, who then got £30K from Wonga was just coincidence, as was the fact he then told Wonga what the governments plans were.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:38:31 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:36:25 »

Wasn't he actually minister for the disabled too? The Wonga farce should've cost him his job. Corrupt prick.

While I disagree with Buckland on almost every issue, he is actually a pretty good MP. He always personally answers emails (we had a brilliant chat about the PIP payment - we agreed to disagree on that one) and he does work hard for his constituents. I wouldn't bloody vote for him though.

Neither of them are sqeaky clean.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/robert-buckland-tory-law-officer-has-money-in-film-partnership-that-is-being-investigated-by-hmrc-10032684.html
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:43:19 »

Wasn't he actually minister for the disabled too? The Wonga farce should've cost him his job. Corrupt prick.

While I disagree with Buckland on almost every issue, he is actually a pretty good MP. He always personally answers emails (we had a brilliant chat about the PIP payment - we agreed to disagree on that one) and he does work hard for his constituents. I wouldn't bloody vote for him though.

Neither of them are sqeaky clean.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/robert-buckland-tory-law-officer-has-money-in-film-partnership-that-is-being-investigated-by-hmrc-10032684.html

Don't forget Buckland also told porkies to Cameron... neglecting to mention his censure for dodgy dealings when apointed Solicitor General.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28393743
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:49:45 »

Don't forget Buckland also told porkies to Cameron
Yeah but Cameron likes porkies Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 11:55:38 »

The clip of Tomlinson blubbing when having to apologise to the House over his Wonga dealings was one of the most nauseous things I've seen in many a year.

The fact that he got £30K from the Supermarine fella, who then got £30K from Wonga was just coincidence, as was the fact he then told Wonga what the governments plans were.

I laughed at the weasel cunt. Blubbing for himself as he'd been caught like a naughty schoolboy apologising in assembly.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12:15:08 »

Fair enough, I assumed it was Wonga and the record as Minister for Persecuting the Disabled, just curious if there was anything else. Buckland's my MP, not especially controversial AFAIK, just a careerist empty suit

I go back to the days of Francis Noel-Baker as Swindon MP.  He was an interesting character. I read his autobiography, got the Swindon gig by the time honoured method of being a bit of an outsider. In Swindon, the left of the Labour Party hated the right, and vice versa. The opposing wings would accept a middle candidate, but not one of the other lots.

Bit of a toff, the section in the book where he's taken on a tour of Swindon Working Men's Clubs, to get to meet his constituents... wonderful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/politics-obituaries/6240722/Francis-Noel-Baker.html

I suspect Buckland's obit won't take up so much Torygraph print.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #193 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12:34:32 »

There are upcoming parish elections next week too

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12:46:09 »

There are upcoming parish elections next week too

Probably a spoiled vote for me though not 100% sure yet. I don't consider myself to live in a parish.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: