Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195785 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 06:43:02 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=55759.0

Interesting to compare with our exit poll from last time. Looks like Green and UKIP voters have largely returned to their natural homes with the Conservatives/Labour. Labour actually outperforming last time % wise which suggests that the TEF might be a bit more Corbynite than your average voter - not sure anyone would be too surprised by that.
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 13:14:22 »

what's UKIP for exactly? I thought Nigel said he'd disband the party if we had a referendum.  Hmmm
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 15:21:26 »

So you think May, who has backtracked so many times I've lost count, is credible? Could you provide your rationale, as all I see is a two faced, lying, elitist cunt.

All politicians are two faced, it's why we should have democracy. It allows us throw them out of power. We have to cause them pain of losing office to make them listen. Without that they will ignore us.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
The Saint

« Reply #108 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:06:01 »

It's so depressing to see so many gullible people who are football fans, from a town like Swindon, have been convinced by the mainstream media etc that Labour are some how unelectable, that  they have no choice but to vote Tory.

The stupidity of redneck hick trump voters in The US is one thing, but the fact that  is being replicated in Swindon/uk is enough to make an old man weep.  Doh

Fucking dumb ass hobbits.
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:27:30 »

It's so depressing to see so many gullible people who are football fans, from a town like Swindon, have been convinced by the mainstream media etc that Labour are some how unelectable, that  they have no choice but to vote Tory.

The stupidity of redneck hick trump voters in The US is one thing, but the fact that  is being replicated in Swindon/uk is enough to make an old man weep.  Doh

Fucking dumb ass hobbits.

Top class political debate there saint. that'll really win em over
The Saint

« Reply #110 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:43:17 »

Top class political debate there saint. that'll really win em over

Yeah I'm sure my comments on here are gonna make all the difference to many a fuckwits political awakenings
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:47:45 »

Labour as a party is not fundamentally unelectable but with Corbyn Monoxide as leader it is. I don't think anyone is in any doubt about that.

The Saint

« Reply #112 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:57:37 »

Labour as a party is not fundamentally unelectable but with Corbyn Monoxide as leader it is. I don't think anyone is in any doubt about that.

Apart from the hundreds of thousands who voted for him as leader you mean?

Keep being told what to think. Moron.

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 20:00:38 »

It's so depressing to see so many gullible people have been convinced by the mainstream media etc that Labour are some how unelectable, that  they have no choice but to vote Tory.

This is exactly correct. I am a huge fan of Corbyn, along with those in his constituency who have voted him in every time since 1983. I admire his hard work and dedication to the role, improving lives, his humility, honesty, principles, and most of all the desire to take a wrecking ball to the inheritance-based, tax-avoiding, public-shaming group of multi-million and billionaires we have ruling everything.

I was not a member of the Labour party until they made him stand for a second time in their leadership 'election'. Fuck that! It was £5 to join the first time I think, then I had to pay about £20 a few months later as they'd raised it to try and put people off.

The media bias and pressure against him is huge. Huge. For very clear reasons. The Guardian don't even do him many favours. I started to doubt JC then realised I was just being gradually bombarded and berated by tactical coverage of him, my faith and belief in his obviously steadfast principles being slowly worn down and worming irrational doubts into my subconscious. You need to try and look past all of that coverage, but it is very difficult with the frequency and tone.

Unfortunately I believe, not because of what the media are saying but, because so many seem affected by it, that he has a very small chance. I only hope that, again, this coverage of so many people supposedly doubting his leadership is a guise for weaning away support, in the same way I had started to think. And that people see through another media ploy and stick to their guns.

Anyone with the smallest amount of compassion for other humans, particularly in this country, along with a modicum of intelligence, can see that voting Tory is quite insane unless you are one of their close friends/business associates. Their timing is great as the police forces investigating the expenses misallocation of the 2015 general election will find them guilty after this one is over, and it will have significantly less impact.

I now wonder if that spreadsheet of 'how to keep to tories out' is also a ploy to turn voters from Labour to Lib Dem, which will effectively empower the blues I believe.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 24, 2017, 20:13:48 by mystical_goat » Logged
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 20:30:58 »

Well I guess we'll see in June.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 08:33:07 »

It does make me chuckle how as soon as you start talking about Politics on here it turns into thisis..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 08:44:22 »

It does make me chuckle how as soon as you start talking about Politics on here it turns into thisis..

Indeed, which is why I've stayed off this thread.

I don't understand the need for personal insults and name calling when people have a different political opinion to your own.  Some of the comments are nothing but insulting.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:01:45 »

Indeed, which is why I've stayed off this thread.

I don't understand the need for personal insults and name calling when people have a different political opinion to your own.  Some of the comments are nothing but insulting.

Good job staying off the thread!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:48:47 »

I will say it again, roughly 500,000 which if they all vote for him in the GE is about a third of what the Greens got last time and much lower than UKIP got.

Party membership/core voter support means absolutely fuck all if the floating voter won't vote for you in numbers, Labour experienced that with Miliband (E) and have not learnt the lesson with Corbyn and will continue to fail to do so until they realise its not student politics or that as portrayed in the Life of Brian.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:55:01 »

Good job staying off the thread!

Smiley.  I mean I've meant no reference to which way I'll be voting and my views on the various parties.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: