Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195788 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:26:53 »

Plus Farage and their his major backer Aaron Banks are setting up a new hard-right populist party, The Patriotic Alliance, backed by some of the same people that backed Trump in the US. Don't think UKIP will fold, just fade into irrelevance. But Farage/Banks' new project look like they could be a very nasty bunch indeed

Just corrected it for you, Banks seems to have some manner of unrequited crush on Farage (similar to the one that Dacre has on May, I think it all harks back to nannys firm hand), its a glorious bromance.

Why does Farage need to stand, the BBC will give him a platform daily to witter on (plus QT every fortnight!) so why bother with hassle of having to roll up to parliament.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:31:55 »

I get that coalitions aren't common in the Uk, but I see a lot of this and I'm really not sure it's fair. Can you really not see a difference in policy and approach between the coalition prior to 2015 and the conservative majority government since? It seems pretty clear to me that the Lib Dems manage to exert *some* influence. Yes, the majority of what happened was driven by the conservative agenda but then again they had five times the number of MPs so that we always going to happen. I agree it wasn't perfect (no government ever has been, it's just pick your poison really) and Clegg personally seemed to enjoy the pals act with Cameron far too much.

I'm never quite sure what people expected in 2010, a LibLab coalition where they propped up Brown? I can't see how that would have been fondly remembered either. 

At the time I feel the same as jayo but with hindsight I agree with you completely. Gordon Brown was the reason that a negotiations to form a Labour/Lib Dem coalition never really got going.

I'll be voting Lib Dem which some will say is a wasted vote, but tactical voting is a political game (as is the whole of politics) which irks me somewhat.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:37:35 »

The problem with UKIP is it started off with good intentions with many intelligent disillusioned people from other parties who from the outset wanted an alternative to the mainstream parties, only to have it hijacked by an alcoholic, cocaine snorting, womanising, thieving sociopath. As a result, yes I agree, UKIP will fade into obscurity.

Arron Banks is equally clueless as I discovered when I met him just before the referendum campaign about having an EU exit plan and organising a campaign on the back of that. The damning indictment of him is he - and Farage -couldn't even win the official leave designation against "vote leave" which was stuffed full of Tory boys who didn't want to leave and didn't even fulfill the Electoral Commission criteria.

Banks' only response to criticism that politics is not like running a business was dismissed with "I started my company with a desk and telephone, so I know more than you".

A bit like Trump really.
Oh, they're a lot like Trump, including the Breitbart clan (or should that be Klan) backing. That's what makes them frightening
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 13:01:44 »

Oh, they're a lot like Trump, including the Breitbart clan (or should that be Klan) backing. That's what makes them frightening

Don't forget the entirely reputable Westmonster....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 16:00:26 »

At the time I feel the same as jayo but with hindsight I agree with you completely. Gordon Brown was the reason that a negotiations to form a Labour/Lib Dem coalition never really got going.

I'll be voting Lib Dem which some will say is a wasted vote, but tactical voting is a political game (as is the whole of politics) which irks me somewhat.

Oh at the time I agreed with Jayo completely as well! I think there was a certain public school smugness to the Cameron/Clegg axis that made it easier to hate when actually there were some fairly reasonable things going on behind the scenes.

Probably why the AV referendum went so badly, it basically became an opinion poll on Nick Clegg.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 16:17:01 »

Probably why the AV referendum went so badly, it basically became an opinion poll on Nick Clegg.

Interestingly the people behind the No to AV referendum (including Matthew Elliott of Taxpayers' Alliance) were the same people behind the official Leave campaign, which included the same misuse of dodgy statistics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12564879

Not only that but much of that campaign was used instead to enrich their friends by defrauding the taxpayer.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 21, 2017, 17:28:54 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 17:07:28 »

Why does Farage need to stand, the BBC will give him a platform daily to witter on (plus QT every fortnight!) so why bother with hassle of having to roll up to parliament.

Farage will be remaining a Euro MEP however

Although he has in the past argued that the EU is undemocratic and that the Euro Parliament is a powerless, rubber stamping institution, we must surely take him at his word when he says he believes he can be more effective as a Euro MEP than as an MP in the newly sovereign Westminster Parliament.

It would be scurillous to suggest that this has anything to do with the higher salary offered to MEPs as against MPs - even more valuable to a Brit since sterling's fall in the wake of the Brexit referendum result.

It would be more scurillous still to suggest that Farage is motivated by the superior pensions and benefits offered in retirement to MEPS as against MPs and not to fully support his views that the UK should just leave the 27 remaining States to fund it.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 15:41:32 »

We need a tough bulldog to get us through Brexit negotiations. Conservative is the only option. suprised anyone would vote labour or lib dems in this environment.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 15:50:03 »

Conservative. No one else will implement Brexit or has strong enough leadership to run the country
The Saint

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 15:59:32 »

Conservative. No one else will implement Brexit or has strong enough leadership to run the country
The only positive of the relegation is that it pisses off people like you. Strong leadership? Are you fucking joking?
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 16:29:26 »

If you want to vote tactically to keep the Tories out this spreadsheet is very useful

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19_yf4RL133fBKscvSbID4eRKwztzY9KSI_2BMaI1bU8/htmlview?sle=true

I am all for Corbyn but may cast a Lib Dem vote based on my constituency.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 19:23:42 by mystical_goat » Logged
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 19:51:33 »

Theresa May's husband works as a senior executive in one of the world’s largest and most powerful financial institutions, a firm which controls $1.4 trillion in assets.

Its portfolio also includes $20 billion of shares in Amazon and Starbucks. Both, just a little ironically, were cited days ago by Theresa in her pledge to crack down on tax avoidance.

We are are all in this together.
They are all in this together.

If you think they give a flying fuck about leading anybody but themselves and their close friends into further advantage then you are severely misguided.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 23:03:04 »

Well you could argue that if she and her husband are that rich then she must be doing this for the love.

Personally I don't think there is any other option but to vote Tory in this election. People don't want Corbyn, and they don't want Lib Dems. We need a tough cookie for Brexit negotiations to give Verhofstad a kick in the nuts, Theresa is the only credible person to give us that
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 00:31:42 »

We don't need a 'tough cookie' for Brexit negotiations... we need a team of skilled diplomats and negotiators, that even then won't help because the EU will quite rightly take a hard line to protect their interests. They don't care a jot for this shitty little island, and why should they?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 06:07:45 »

Well you could argue that if she and her husband are that rich then she must be doing this for the love.

Personally I don't think there is any other option but to vote Tory in this election. People don't want Corbyn, and they don't want Lib Dems. We need a tough cookie for Brexit negotiations to give Verhofstad a kick in the nuts, Theresa is the only credible person to give us that

So you think May, who has backtracked so many times I've lost count, is credible? Could you provide your rationale, as all I see is a two faced, lying, elitist cunt.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: