Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195802 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 16:37:13 »

Yet Labour had a sniff of power and turned into Diet Tory?
Think it was the other way round to be pedantic, but your point stands Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 16:41:45 »

Do I agree with them all, no but it is useful to see them all placed together whilst the conclusions regarding the reporting is hardly surprising ( LSE Research is here.... http://www.lse.ac.uk/media@lse/research/pdf/JeremyCorbyn/Cobyn-Report-FINAL.pdf ).

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/how-many-of-jeremy-corbyns-policies-do.html
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 16:42:42 »

Think it was the other way round to be pedantic, but your point stands Smiley

Possibly, although I still think that Mandy et al identified what would work (i.e. Tory lite) and positioned themselves accordingly.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 16:46:51 »

FYI we spend 4 times more on the national debt interest payments than we do foreign aid.

And to think, if we used that money to assist with the debt reduction.
Every little helps!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 17:54:58 »

Possibly, although I still think that Mandy et al identified what would work (i.e. Tory lite) and positioned themselves accordingly.
Er, yeah, that was what I meant. I think I may have whooshed myself Smiley
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 18:14:46 »

FYI we spend 4 times more on the national debt interest payments than we do foreign aid.

And to think, if we used that money to assist with the debt reduction.
Every little helps!!

Just imagine what we could do with £200bn
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 07:57:32 »

Just imagine what we could do with £200bn

Nothing, remember Power would just pocket it all.  Hmmm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 08:02:18 »

I hate politics and don't understand voters who have overly strong political beliefs. No party can be 100% perfect. Any canvassers who come to my house will all get the same response, whichever party they represent Smiley
« Last Edit: Friday, April 21, 2017, 08:04:53 by 4D » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 09:00:33 »

Jezza's is in Swindon this morning, hope all you Labour voters will be there to welcome and support him.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 09:09:02 »

Nothing, remember Power would just pocket it all.  Hmmm

I actually meant the country rather than STFC, but you're still probably right Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 09:14:40 »

Did we do one of these at the 2015 election?  Would be quite interesting to see the difference.  Im sure the Kippers would have had a lot more supporters then.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 09:51:42 »

I would not be particularly surprised if UKIP folded all together within the next 12 months or so.  The party's primary objective was achieved last year; and the Tories have moved to the right during the last few years and now occupy much the same space on a lot of issues.  Add to that their tendency towards infighting, punching each other and to changing their leader every 5 mins...it's probably time to call it a day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 09:55:19 »

I would not be particularly surprised if UKIP folded all together within the next 12 months or so.  The party's primary objective was achieved last year; and the Tories have moved to the right during the last few years and now occupy much the same space on a lot of issues.  Add to that their tendency towards infighting, punching each other and to changing their leader every 5 mins...it's probably time to call it a day.
Plus Farage and their major backer Aaron Banks are setting up a new hard-right populist party, The Patriotic Alliance, backed by some of the same people that backed Trump in the US. Don't think UKIP will fold, just fade into irrelevance. But Farage/Banks' new project look like they could be a very nasty bunch indeed
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 11:47:16 »

Jezza's is in Swindon this morning, hope all you Labour voters will be there to welcome and support him.

These things are usually filled with people they know support the leader, I saw the picture of him earlier and wondered who the people at the front were holding the vote labour placards, conveniently a very diverse bunch.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:21:06 »

Plus Farage and their major backer Aaron Banks are setting up a new hard-right populist party, The Patriotic Alliance, backed by some of the same people that backed Trump in the US. Don't think UKIP will fold, just fade into irrelevance. But Farage/Banks' new project look like they could be a very nasty bunch indeed

The problem with UKIP is it started off with good intentions with many intelligent disillusioned people from other parties who from the outset wanted an alternative to the mainstream parties, only to have it hijacked by an alcoholic, cocaine snorting, womanising, thieving sociopath. As a result, yes I agree, UKIP will fade into obscurity.

Arron Banks is equally clueless as I discovered when I met him just before the referendum campaign about having an EU exit plan and organising a campaign on the back of that. The damning indictment of him is he - and Farage -couldn't even win the official leave designation against "vote leave" which was stuffed full of Tory boys who didn't want to leave and didn't even fulfill the Electoral Commission criteria.

Banks' only response to criticism that politics is not like running a business was dismissed with "I started my company with a desk and telephone, so I know more than you".

A bit like Trump really.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:24:17 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: