Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195772 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 16:57:30 »

Your previous MP, Julian Critchley, though a Tory, was however a great backbencher and not afraid to speak truth to power in Thatcher's day
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 17:00:13 »

I probably will not vote...for the reasons I've been banging on about on here since the 2010 election.  Under FPTP, my vote - and that of anyone else who does not support the leading candidate in a 'safe' seat - is worthless.

The only detail to have changed in the last 7 years is that Gerald Howarth is now 'Sir' Gerald Howarth and, without a doubt, even more smugly Tory than he was before.  His majority is so substantial that he probably won't bother canvassing/doorstepping anyone, but I cling to the remote hope that the above bollock-kicking might be possible this time around.  Hasn't happened yet.

However distasteful these people are, it is important to try and be civilised and avoid violence.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 17:06:31 »

I'm hoping that, given the result of the 2016 council elections in my ward where the Tories lost what they thought was a safe seat, we may see some more canvassing so that I can give them a hard time. If Buckland himself turns up, then even better.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 17:39:23 »

I probably will not vote...for the reasons I've been banging on about on here since the 2010 election.  Under FPTP, my vote - and that of anyone else who does not support the leading candidate in a 'safe' seat - is worthless.

The same for me, in my entire life I have not once been represented by someone I voted for.

In my opinion (which obviously counts for fuck all, see above) it makes a mockery of a so called democratic system.

I've never thought it right that a party can have a landslide victory when over 50% of the people that bothered to vote, voted for someone else.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 18:14:12 »

Im also in a Tory safe seat. Its been Tory for over 120 years and the current MP has held it for 30 years.. I will still vote though.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 18:17:20 »

Tory for me. Sorry but none of the other parties are capable of running a bath let alone the country.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 18:21:12 »

Im also in a Tory safe seat. Its been Tory for over 120 years and the current MP has held it for 30 years.. I will still vote though.
I'm with you and Posh

FPTP'ers (Cons and Labs) say they like strong government but why should a party with minority support in the country govern strongly and disregard, on every single issue, the combined majority who oppose most of its policies ?

PR can mean a bunch of t***s (voted for by a significant tranche of t***s) having a not so pleasant voice but is that not democracy?

I have always voted for the last 20 years but it is a soul destroying exercise (but then so is supporting STFC Wink )
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 18:42:58 »

Tory for me. Sorry but none of the other parties are capable of running a bath let alone the country.

Tell me what the tories have done that show they're more capable?

It's All Good..............
The Saint

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 19:41:57 »

Any of you twats that vote Tory deserve all that's coming to you, your kids and your grandchildren. Sadly you'll fuck it all up for the rest of us too.  Bad Mood
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 20:48:25 »

The only detail to have changed in the last 7 years is that Gerald Howarth is now 'Sir' Gerald Howarth and, without a doubt, even more smugly Tory than he was before.  His majority is so substantial that he probably won't bother canvassing/doorstepping anyone, but I cling to the remote hope that the above bollock-kicking might be possible this time around.  Hasn't happened yet.

Very good Ardiles, apart from the not voting part.  In the same spirit I'll share my previous thoughts on my old MP too, lovely, lovely bloke...maybe I was on the right lines, he was never going to hang around doing a job he didn't want.

Against my better nature, I have to disagree.  

Cameron in person is hugely likeable and massively charismatic, and is desperate to get out of the tiresome political arena and into light entertainment.  He's wasted as PM!  He sees himself as a cross between the re-invented Portillo and Ant or Dec, cracking jokes on a train towards the jungle on a Saturday TV teatime coming soon.    That way he stays one step ahead of that conceited blond clown, securing a place as the nation's sweetheart, and becoming either Brucie or Des Lynam, depending on Rupert's puppet plans for him.

Please help David find his vocation, follow his dreams and don't make him do all this again...after all, this is such an important election for his career prospects.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 21:01:33 »

Cameron is a total cunt who left behind a total fucking shambles ably helped by his mate Gideon.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 21:10:45 »

Very good Ardiles, apart from the not voting part.  In the same spirit I'll share my previous thoughts on my old MP too, lovely, lovely bloke...maybe I was on the right lines, he was never going to hang around doing a job he didn't want.

[/quote

Sadly I've been around for 60 years and all those political junkies made me convulse regularly. Only person to change all that was Maggie?! She sorted those scumbag unions who were holding the country to ransom. Btw before you spout! All my life I have been a true grafter. Labour policies have never worked! Just spent money we don't have.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 21:17:40 »

Margaret Thatcher is the biggest cunt of the lot. Sorted out the unions. Yeah, well done Maggie. Let's get the secret service to infiltrate the miners then allow the police to crack a few skulls. Let's promise the earth to the nottingham miners and then fuck them over. Good old Maggie the saviour of the working class. Those pesky fucking unions that have stopped us sending kids up chimneys. What cunts. Then you've got the tank cunt McGregor saying only a few mines were to close. Cabinet papers released a couple of years ago show Scargill was right, the plan was to close them all. Maggie was a fucking g bitch and the conservatives should have been unelectable ever since
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 21:24:27 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 21:24:13 »

Labour policies have never worked! Just spent money we don't have.

Whereas the recent Tory 'austerity' plan (raising tax, slashing benefits, support for the mentally ill and disabled etc, whilst cutting inheritance tax, scrapping plans to raise business tax, failing to introducing tax avoidance measures or impinge the banking sector etc) has got the country even further into debt? Gideon has run up more debt that all previous chancellors combined I believe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 21:28:18 »

any Tory austerity policy has presumably been totally fucked by Brexit anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: