Poll
Question: Which Party Will You Be Voting For?
Conservative - 54 (30.5%)
Labour - 63 (35.6%)
Liberal Democrat - 29 (16.4%)
UKIP - 6 (3.4%)
Green - 5 (2.8%)
SNP - 0 (0%)
Plaid Cymru - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (1.1%)
Not Voting - 9 (5.1%)
Spoiled Ballot - 9 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Election - Who's Getting Your Vote?  (Read 195840 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 10:59:47 »

Come on horlock that's not fair. We know where the money will come from to pay for what the Tories want to do, it will come from the old, the sick and the vulnerable like it always does.

That's a dreadful slur, you ignore all the good work Theresa is doing for the old, the sick and the vulnerable like trying to facilitate the return of fox hunting and removing the ban on the ivory trade. They really are the party for the working classes....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 11:55:27 »

That's a dreadful slur, you ignore all the good work Theresa is doing for the old, the sick and the vulnerable like trying to facilitate the return of fox hunting and removing the ban on the ivory trade. They really are the party for the working classes....

Dont forget about taking their houses and savings a well
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 16:31:55 »

My postal vote has arrived but I am torn between a principled or tactical one at the moment, with principled currently swaying it.

The local standings here are something like 47% Lib Dem, 35% Tory and 14% Labour. A vote for my desired Labour is pretty much wasted, but not sure I can bring myself to go Lib Dem after their capitulation and u-turns on fundamental policy in the coalition.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 16:42:18 »

My postal vote has arrived but I am torn between a principled or tactical one at the moment, with principled currently swaying it.

The local standings here are something like 47% Lib Dem, 35% Tory and 14% Labour. A vote for my desired Labour is pretty much wasted, but not sure I can bring myself to go Lib Dem after their capitulation and u-turns on fundamental policy in the coalition.

Unless Labour have a chance of really swinging it (and after the last few days who knows) if you don't want to help the Tory steam roller I think that's a bit of a no brainer...

In light of the coalition, just sit back and think what the Tories would have done for 5 additional years without someone to reign them in a bit?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 17:02:05 »

I've been one of the biggest Labour cheerleaders and in that situation I would definitely vote Lib Dem. No point chancing it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 18:00:14 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn
I've been one of the biggest Labour cheerleaders and in that situation I would definitely vote Lib Dem. No point chancing it.
Indeed, got to play the system that we have.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 21:51:43 »

The Lib Dems receive way too much flak for the compromises they made in coalition.  Other democracies that are more used to the realities of coalition would accept these compromises with far less fuss.  The Lib Dems gave ground in some policy areas and shaped policy in others.  Criticism feels overblown to me.  I'd give them your vote.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 07:14:14 »

The Lib Dems receive way too much flak for the compromises they made in coalition.  Other democracies that are more used to the realities of coalition would accept these compromises with far less fuss.  The Lib Dems gave ground in some policy areas and shaped policy in others.  Criticism feels overblown to me.  I'd give them your vote.
I think it's become a handy excuse for closet Tories to vote Tory. I have at least one friend who we all know votes Tory and always has done but always makes a huge fuss that he hates what the Tories stand for, would never vote for Labour with Corbyn in charge and cannot trust the lib Dems so unfortunately he just has to vote Tory....

There is a lot of it about.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 09:09:16 »

I don't agree, not raising tuition fees was an absolutely key reason I voted for them.

Last election I spoiled my paper as I couldn't find anyone representing enough of my views. You don't HAVE to vote for someone.

Frankly anyone not voting labour because "they don't like Corbyn" is a bit simple. Don't like his policies, fair enough.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 09:26:45 »

Frankly anyone not voting labour because "they don't like Corbyn" is a bit simple. Don't like his policies, fair enough.
I think it's quite reasonable to not vote for a party because you don't like/trust the leader. I know we're electing a government not a president but the PM does have considerable power and if you think the PM is likely to be a bit shit, that seems to me to be a reasonable grounds to change your vote. My problem in this election is that none of the 3 look like credible leaders to me.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 09:29:57 »

I think it's quite reasonable to not vote for a party because you don't like/trust the leader. I know we're electing a government not a president....

You might want to remind Theresa of that?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 09:35:01 »

Not trusting is different from liking. Though I did have it in my head Horlock said his mate didn't like Corbyn. Which he didn't .

Not sure how anybody could trust May, whose (party's) arrogance was staggering and reflected in the manifesto and U-turn equally so.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 09:41:32 »

Not trusting is different from liking. Though I did have it in my head Horlock said his mate didn't like Corbyn. Which he didn't .

Not sure how anybody could trust May, whose (party's) arrogance was staggering and reflected in the manifesto and U-turn equally so.
Oh I agree, although it's the incompetence that worries me more than the arrogance. But I also understand why lots of people feel equal misgivings about Corbyn, arguably because of a sustained hatchet job in the press, but even if you don't think it's well founded, he was always going to face that and doesn't seem to have the charisma or decisiveness to be able to overcome that handicap.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 10:17:34 »

I don't agree, not raising tuition fees was an absolutely key reason I voted for them.

Last election I spoiled my paper as I couldn't find anyone representing enough of my views. You don't HAVE to vote for someone.

Not making excuses for the Lib Dems, but parties have been breaking election and manifesto promises every parliament since year dot (for instance http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-reveals-21-broken-promises-6537411 ), its just the case that this seems to be used as a stick to hit them with and a reason not to vote for them considerably more than with other parties?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 10:20:12 »

Whilst the conspiracy theories accusing May of being behind the attacks in Manchester are nothing short of ridiculous, I do feel that it will cause some of the " yet undecided" voters to distance themselves from Corbyns slightly more relaxed immigration policy.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: