Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Entertainment value.  (Read 7864 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 12:37:19 »

Wonder where Kasim will end up
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 13:15:23 »

Wonder where Kasim will end up

Forest Green. He can sit on the bench with Traore and Robert.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 15:07:54 »

Seriously? Cardiff and Leeds have scouted Thompson this season so he must have something there, he does make a fair few silly errors of judgement but you can't fault his commitment.

I was going to bite at the initial derogatory comment about Thompson, but thought better of it. This one has much more scope for proper deiscussion.

Thompson probably makes the same amount of mistakes as every other 3rd div defender, but the way we've played most of the time during the last couple of seasons (building from the back) has meant that everything has gone mainly through him first, with little cover as the other defenders are spread wide. So any mistakes he does make are far more noticeable and sometimes costly than most. Ask any other defender in this league to play the same way, shouldering so much responsibility, you'd probably get similar results.

To say that League One football is above him is totally ridiculous and indicative of the frustrations of following a team in the relegation battle. Everyone gets labelled as total dogshit. Don't get me wrong, some of our lot are, but not all of them. I'd put Branco down in a similar category (although he's much more limited than Nathan). He's a pretty bog standard League One defender, the last 4 matches where we've stopped fucking about at the back, kind of bears that out.

I should imagine NT will slot in nicely into a lot of team's back 4's next year, maybe even a league higher.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 15:21:25 by WEBBERhyde » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 15:43:55 »

The entertainment value at the CG this season has been very poor to say the least.  Of the 22 league games, only in 4 games have more than 1 goal been scored by Town, for a total of 11 goals.  The other 18 games have also totalled 11 goals for Town.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 17:03:41 »

If Nathan Thompson goes to The Championship then he'll be back in L1 within a season be it with us for someone else.

He's within his right to give it a go, obviously.
With us ??...Nathan Thompson could well be retired before we see league one again.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 17:27:44 »

I was going to bite at the initial derogatory comment about Thompson, but thought better of it. This one has much more scope for proper deiscussion.

Thompson probably makes the same amount of mistakes as every other 3rd div defender, but the way we've played most of the time during the last couple of seasons (building from the back) has meant that everything has gone mainly through him first, with little cover as the other defenders are spread wide. So any mistakes he does make are far more noticeable and sometimes costly than most. Ask any other defender in this league to play the same way, shouldering so much responsibility, you'd probably get similar results.

To say that League One football is above him is totally ridiculous and indicative of the frustrations of following a team in the relegation battle. Everyone gets labelled as total dogshit. Don't get me wrong, some of our lot are, but not all of them. I'd put Branco down in a similar category (although he's much more limited than Nathan). He's a pretty bog standard League One defender, the last 4 matches where we've stopped fucking about at the back, kind of bears that out.

I should imagine NT will slot in nicely into a lot of team's back 4's next year, maybe even a league higher.
Yeah absolutely, he can play at a higher level although I am afraid it won't be with us, if we do indeed go down then he will easily find a L1 or even Championship club.

As you say he a lot of our moves do indeed start with him, for me his major fault is that he is a bit hot headed in tackles in the box which I think it wouldn't take too much to get out of him doing certainly with better players around him covering, as with us he does tend to be our last man.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 17:39:30 »

He should move on regardless of our relegation/survival. He needs to see if he can do it at a higher level/better prospect club.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 18:51:36 »

Unless he stubs his toe.
In my opinion,he is a tadge overrated.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: