Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Entertainment value.  (Read 7946 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 10:30:40 »

When i go to games i want to get the impression that the players are lucky to be that gifted to be able to play football for a living.

Sadly, I don't think our players are actually gifted enough to be playing football for a living. How some of them still do is beyond me.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 20:03:53 »

Sadly, I don't think our players are actually gifted enough to be playing football for a living. How some of them still do is beyond me.
Why did I think of Nathan Thompson after reading that.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 20:07:57 »

If you don't go to football for entertainment then what do you go for?
Even if the meeting up with friends, having a beer etc is what it's about for you, you're still going for entertainment.
If you're not enjoying it then do something else.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 21:02:48 »

If we play shit on Monday & sneak a winning goal in injury time I will go home happy.

If we play great football & concede a last minute goal to lose us points I will go home grumpy.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 08:51:44 »

Have a word
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 09:05:41 »

Seriously? Cardiff and Leeds have scouted Thompson this season so he must have something there, he does make a fair few silly errors of judgement but you can't fault his commitment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 09:14:16 »

'Entertainment' is a subjective term. If I'm watching a game as a neutral, entertainment would be observing some great, passing football, lots of incidents and goals.

If I'm watching my team, I'm more entertained when we win. I would suggest that most supporters of lower league teams aren't entertained as much as they'd like by their teams; does that mean we should all give up and follow the top half a dozen in the premiership? Following a team, properly following them, is as much about the lows as it is the highs. Not fucking off when the 'product' doesn't meet your expectations. Personally I know I enjoy our (relative) successes more, as I've been subject to our abysmal failures too.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 09:15:33 »

Thompson is one of the few players you feel should be playing football for a living.

Barry, Boo, Thomas, Brophy and the like less obvious
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 09:16:55 »

'Entertainment' is a subjective term. If I'm watching a game as a neutral, entertainment would be observing some great, passing football, lots of incidents and goals.

If I'm watching my team, I'm more entertained when we win. I would suggest that most supporters of lower league teams aren't entertained as much as they'd like by their teams; does that mean we should all give up and follow the top half a dozen in the premiership? Following a team, properly following them, is as much about the lows as it is the highs. Not fucking off when the 'product' doesn't meet your expectations. Personally I know I enjoy our (relative) successes more, as I've been subject to our abysmal failures too.
This.

I have never gone to a Swindon game for entertainment on the pitch, I go to watch us get a win, if we play well then great but we rarely do, even under PdC it wasn't great entertainment but it got results which is what I want most.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 09:22:15 »

Arsenal fans finally showing entertainment isn't enough on its own, and rightly so.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 10:23:30 »

I want effort and commitment.... Too much to ask this season.

Clems Army!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 11:24:34 »

Football clubs will never keep everyone entertained/happy as there's always the loser fans who doom-monger their way through even the best of times.

I do think that football fans are more demanding these days and I also think that football clubs, especially the lower league ones, struggle to cater the needs of the modern football fan ('modern' doesn't equate to young, the mentality spreads across the age groups).

We have the upper hand and clubs like Swindon Town can no longer shrug their shoulders and say 'you'll be back' because people aren't coming back anymore. They're not as committed to one club anymore, they're going to other games or watching football at home/pub.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 11:34:41 »

Seriously? Cardiff and Leeds have scouted Thompson this season so he must have something there, he does make a fair few silly errors of judgement but you can't fault his commitment.

Not sure if there is any substance to it, but I've heard mention that Thompson has already agreed to join Sheffield United this summer.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 11:48:13 »

If Nathan Thompson goes to The Championship then he'll be back in L1 within a season be it with us for someone else.

He's within his right to give it a go, obviously.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 12:26:56 »

If Nathan Thompson goes to The Championship then he'll be back in L1 within a season be it with us for someone else.

He's within his right to give it a go, obviously.
Not sure hes Championship quality but with better coaching and better players around him he could well still improve.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: